Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody hear from...Lap
(04-23-2019, 10:49 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: First 3 rounds, hmm. That's new. Makes me think he may not have as much info as past years. I guess we'll find out on Thursday.

I think everyone is wondering the same with a new coaching staff in town. We shall see.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I hope a couple of things happen:

1. He keeps his trap shut. I'm sick of everyone knowing what we are drafting. It burns us.
2. They feed/instruct him to say we are drafting a false position.
Reply/Quote
I hope he takes a large dose of mushrooms and nails his mock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 12:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I hope a couple of things happen:

1.  He keeps his trap shut.  I'm sick of everyone knowing what we are drafting.  It burns us.
2.  They feed/instruct him to say we are drafting a false position.

I agree with every word.  He does need to STFU.  And yes, tell him everybody we DON'T want to take so he can be the big man who can't help running his mouth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 12:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I hope a couple of things happen:

1.  He keeps his trap shut.  I'm sick of everyone knowing what we are drafting.  It brian burns us.
2.  They feed/instruct him to say we are drafting a false position.

I see what you did there Wink

I agree, I don't think it's smart; in fact it's pretty stupid.

Look at the Raiders and what Mayock did... He sent all of their scouts HOME because he didn't trust them...… Meanwhile in the Bengals war room, you got Mikey letting the papa johns delivery boy in and when no one has cash for a tip, he'll allow the pizza boy to take a picture of their big board 15 minutes before the draft starts.

With that being said, I look forward to what Lap has to say. Stupid or not, I am interested.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:46 PM)Takedown Wrote: I see what you did there Wink

I agree, I don't think it's smart; in fact it's pretty stupid.

Look at the Raiders and what Mayock did... He sent all of their scouts HOME because he didn't trust them...… Meanwhile in the Bengals war room, you got Mikey letting the papa johns delivery boy in and when no one has cash for a tip, he'll allow the pizza boy to take a picture of their big board 15 minutes before the draft starts.

With that being said, I look forward to what Lap has to say. Stupid or not, I am interested.

I'd be willing to bet that this whole Lap bullshit happens nowhere else in the league.  It just screams incompetence.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:49 PM)McC Wrote: I'd be willing to bet that this whole Lap bullshit happens nowhere else in the league.  It just screams incompetence.

It's something us locals have always looked forward to I think and for whatever reason, Lap may believe if its local radio, other cities can't hear it.

EDIT: Point for the 'locals' comment was that it's good for ratings I guess. You would think Lap would understand how moronic it is to share this info to the public.

Reply/Quote
Now, granted, it's somewhat obvious what the Bengals greatest needs are year in and year out, but I truly think it cost us Ragnow last year. Not saying he will better or worse in the long run, but the Lions had a pretty good idea that they couldn't move behind us and still get him.
Reply/Quote
So I will say, I get it. But to some extent, the cat is half way out of the bag. We know which players teams are targeting based on their interviews and workouts. Other teams know which players, and we know their players, that they have focused on. All you have to do is go to Walter for example to see the list.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:51 PM)Takedown Wrote: It's something us locals have always looked forward to I think and for whatever reason, Lap may believe if its local radio, other cities can't hear it.

EDIT: Point for the 'locals' comment was that it's good for ratings I guess. You would think Lap would understand how moronic it is to share this info to the public.

This isn't 1984, nothing is local anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:51 PM)Takedown Wrote: It's something us locals have always looked forward to I think and for whatever reason, Lap may believe if its local radio, other cities can't hear it.

With the cloak and dagger stuff that goes on in the NFL at draft time, I wouldn't be surprised if teams like New England have low level interns scanning message boards for information. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 02:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Now, granted, it's somewhat obvious what the Bengals greatest needs are year in and year out, but I truly think it cost us Ragnow last year.  Not saying he will better or worse in the long run, but the Lions had a pretty good idea that they couldn't move behind us and still get him.

I just remember the year the Saints jumped us to get the DT we really wanted. I didn't follow Lapham back then but does anyone remember if he was making his "predictions" at that time. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 02:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Now, granted, it's somewhat obvious what the Bengals greatest needs are year in and year out, but I truly think it cost us Ragnow last year.  Not saying he will better or worse in the long run, but the Lions had a pretty good idea that they couldn't move behind us and still get him.

Maybe we wanted Price over Ragnow all along.

EVERY NFL team has media people predicting who they will draft.  Lap is no different from any of them.  In fact ESPN has a mock draft where each teams selection is made by one of their local media people.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 02:34 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I just remember the year the Saints jumped us to get the DT we really wanted. 

Don't you remember how YOU knew we really wanted that DT?
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't you remember how YOU knew we really wanted that DT?

Message board police, weee errrr, weee errrr.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 02:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This isn't 1984, nothing is local anymore.

Tell Lap Wink

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 05:53 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: I heard Lap was on someones podcast and seemed to be leaning towards Sweat.

Lap may be on to something PFF has us taking Sweat as well.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2019-nfl-mock-draft-5-rounds-1-3

In the 2nd round!!! haha
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 04:17 PM)yang Wrote: Lap may be on to something PFF has us taking Sweat as well.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2019-nfl-mock-draft-5-rounds-1-3

In the 2nd round!!! haha

that would be a sick draft.  I would be happy
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I thought Lapham had some interesting things to say on the radio today w/ Mo Egger:

1) He likes Bush over White, and that folks around the league that he has talked to be seem to be split 50/50 between the two.
2) Mike Brown may be as un-involved in the draft as ever, and might not even have final say any more.
3) He definitely seems to think they're going to grab an OT at some point, potentially the 1st round.
4) Has heard that lots of people around the league think Haskins should have gone back to college for a year... and he thinks the Bengals are in that group.

He also didn't come right out and make a prediction or anything, either.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 02:23 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So I will say, I get it.  But to some extent, the cat is half way out of the bag.  We know which players teams are targeting based on their interviews and workouts.  Other teams know which players, and we know their players, that they have focused on.  All you have to do is go to Walter for example to see the list.

Not really true.  Just because a guy goes in for a visit or workout doesn't mean they are going to get drafted by that team.
Reply/Quote