Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody hear from...Lap
(04-24-2019, 12:05 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'm not sure that Lapham is even really saying anything we don't already know. I figured they were taking a center last year and thought they'd take John Ross the year before, so it's not like he's pulling these predictions completely out of nowhere. He might just be reading the same tea leaves as the rest of us.

Supposedly Lapham gets to see the Bengals' big board and then makes his predictions from that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:46 PM)Takedown Wrote: I see what you did there Wink

I agree, I don't think it's smart; in fact it's pretty stupid.

Look at the Raiders and what Mayock did... He sent all of their scouts HOME because he didn't trust them...… Meanwhile in the Bengals war room, you got Mikey letting the papa johns delivery boy in and when no one has cash for a tip, he'll allow the pizza boy to take a picture of their big board 15 minutes before the draft starts.

With that being said, I look forward to what Lap has to say. Stupid or not, I am interested.

sorry if you have scouts that you are sending home for trust issues, that also is a reflection on the scouts you hire.. DUH.. Oakland is a showboat organization right now.. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 11:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Difference is Dillard actually played well at OT in college whereas Ogbuehi didn't. Also, Dillard isn't currently going through an injury like Ogbuehi was when drafted. Dillard is a better prospect than Ogbuehi, but you're right, there are similarities.

(04-24-2019, 11:32 AM)depthchart Wrote: Plus we have gotten to see Andre Dillard go up against solid competition at the Senior Bowl and excel at Senior Bowl practices.

Cedric missed the Senior Bowl due to his ACL injury so scouts could not get a look at him in the Senior Bowl setting against other solid prospects.

Still a risk though but so are most prospects.

Yea, I mean. That was just my gut reaction. like "Oh God, not another 'projectable athletic talent' at OT. Can't we have a masher?"

But if people are confident in Dillard, I will just say I hope he works out.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 02:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I mean. That was just my gut reaction. like "Oh God, not another 'projectable athletic talent' at OT. Can't we have a masher?"

But if people are confident in Dillard, I will just say I hope he works out.

I'm the same if that's your perspective then. I'm confident in his pass blocking ability. Given his lack of experience run blocking, how long will it take for him to be good in that area? If he's selected, I guess we'll see.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 12:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Supposedly Lapham gets to see the Bengals' big board and then makes his predictions from that.

I get that, but it's just "supposedly". I just wonder if maybe that was more assumption than fact is all. Sounds like one of those things where somebody says "I bet he gets to see the draft board" and then it mutates over time until "He always knows exactly who the Bengals are aiming for".

He's got connections, sure, but you can definitely say this about Lap - he's a very passionate fan just like the rest of us. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he's making these choices off of the same information most of us use.
Reply/Quote
Its so hard to guess not knowing Taylors style. Marv for example - loved long CB's. That helped. I'm going to stick with OT (assuming their #1 is still there) - I think the fact that he was a QB - He knows how important the OL is. Thats the theory I'm sticking with. Then go by need - which is LB. GETTING EXCITED THOUGH! WHODEY!
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 03:28 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I get that, but it's just "supposedly". I just wonder if maybe that was more assumption than fact is all. Sounds like one of those things where somebody says "I bet he gets to see the draft board" and then it mutates over time until "He always knows exactly who the Bengals are aiming for".

He's got connections, sure, but you can definitely say this about Lap - he's a very passionate fan just like the rest of us. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he's making these choices off of the same information most of us use.

He's secretly a member of this message board and gets all his information from us... Smirk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's secretly a member of this message board and gets all his information from us... Smirk

As well he should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 02:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: sorry if you have scouts that you are sending home for trust issues, that also is a reflection on the scouts you hire.. DUH.. Oakland is a showboat organization right now.. 

Well from what I’ve read, it’s more of a Mayock not trusting anyone more than it is him not trusting his scouts. He eliminated everyone that he could from being in the war room come Draft day just incase there was a rat. May or may not be one, but that’s what I read. I don’t see what’s wrong with being safe.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 11:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Dillard is the best pass pro in this draft.  His issues are with his core so run blocking not best.  I see him as LT.  Glenn is there.  So I do not see Dillard as the pick.  

(04-24-2019, 10:23 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Forgive me for being an alarmist, but Dillard's profile is so similar to Ogbuehi's in 2015. We don't need another soft, pass blocking tackle with poor core strength but good feet...

(04-24-2019, 11:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Difference is Dillard actually played well at OT in college whereas Ogbuehi didn't. Also, Dillard isn't currently going through an injury like Ogbuehi was when drafted. Dillard is a better prospect than Ogbuehi, but you're right, there are similarities.

(04-24-2019, 11:32 AM)depthchart Wrote: Plus we have gotten to see Andre Dillard go up against solid competition at the Senior Bowl and excel at Senior Bowl practices.

Cedric missed the Senior Bowl due to his ACL injury so scouts could not get a look at him in the Senior Bowl setting against other solid prospects.

Still a risk though but so are most prospects.

Appreciate the input, guys. Admittedly I haven't studied this draft as much as I normally do. Any comparison to Ogbuehi is terrifying, but it's good to hear that there are some key differences. From what I've heard though, Turner wants big nasty linemen, so I wonder if Dillard is even a fit? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Appreciate the input, guys. Admittedly I haven't studied this draft as much as I normally do. Any comparison to Ogbuehi is terrifying, but it's good to hear that there are some key differences. From what I've heard though, Turner wants big nasty linemen, so I wonder if Dillard is even a fit? 

Turner would want Cody Ford and Lindstrom I bet.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Turner would want Cody Ford and Lindstrom I bet.  

Just looking them up real quick, Ford seems to have a better shot at being an NFL right tackle, whereas Lindstrom seems more destined to be a Guard. Ford also has the size, although he lacks athletically. Either would probably be a nice get. Sounds like we'd have to trade back in round 1 for Ford, but we could land Lindstrom in round 2 possibly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:46 PM)Takedown Wrote: Well from what I’ve read, it’s more of a Mayock not trusting anyone more than it is him not trusting his scouts. He eliminated everyone that he could from being in the war room come Draft day just incase there was a rat. May or may not be one, but that’s what I read. I don’t see what’s wrong with being safe.
 Again every can't trust the people working for you how do you trust their advice just a ridiculous dilemma but no surprise Oakland's been a mess for a while
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Appreciate the input, guys. Admittedly I haven't studied this draft as much as I normally do. Any comparison to Ogbuehi is terrifying, but it's good to hear that there are some key differences. From what I've heard though, Turner wants big nasty linemen, so I wonder if Dillard is even a fit? 

Dillard is not a big mauler, so he doesn't fit if that's what Turner is looking for. However, he has a chance to be given his size and athleticism. He's already really good in pass protection. He just needs experience in the run game since his school rarely ran the ball.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If they take Dillard I’d be pissed off again. No way he’s ranked as BPA at 11. Too much unknown to reach here. I’d say the expert evaluators have him in the 20>30 range.
Reply/Quote
Picking Dillard tells me that either Glenn or Boling will be cut. I can't imagine having him sit on the bench for two years waiting to succeed Glenn. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:08 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Picking Dillard tells me that either Glenn or Boling will be cut. I can't imagine having him sit on the bench for two years waiting to succeed Glenn. 

I agree that if they go Dillard in round 1, he won't be sitting very long. I think ideally Glenn would just slide to RT (which would make the Hart signing more palatable). If he moved to G, maybe Miller to a backup role until Boling's contract expires after this year?

Outside of possibly cutting for locker room issues or for salary cap reasons, I don't think they'd cut either guy this year. We'd actually have some depth! 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:08 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Picking Dillard tells me that either Glenn or Boling will be cut. I can't imagine having him sit on the bench for two years waiting to succeed Glenn. 

I don’t even see Dillard as a player prepared to step in. Dude has never run blocked in his life. For all we know he’s like our last Offensive Tackles. At least we got to see him in the Senior Bowl and a visits and such, but he comes with risk. He also has the most upside, but that will take time imho.

I’d imagine we could trade back to 15 and still get him to be honest.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:54 AM)yang Wrote: I don’t even see Dillard as a player prepared to step in.  Dude has never run blocked in his life.  For all we know he’s like our last Offensive Tackles.  At least we got to see him in the Senior Bowl and a visits and such, but he comes with risk.   He also has the most upside, but that will take time imho.  

I’d imagine we could trade back to 15 and still get him to be honest.

Ask me two days ago, and I'd agree with you, but I don't think he'll be available. There seems to be a lot of buzz around him right now that it looks like he's a late riser. We see it every year. The last few mock drafts I've seen project him going in the top 10. 

If teams project Jonah Williams as a guard, that makes Dillard the only LT of the top 4 guys. The other 2 guys are RT.
Reply/Quote
Some super scary shit from lap this year. 3 out of his 4 prospects i have as total projections with huge bust potential. Dillard is Ced O. 2.0 . Gary makes sense if they can attribute to his play last year being the result of him taking a year off with a shoulder injury.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote