Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody hear from...Lap

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 07:14 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

He didn't really state that on the show, though... he basically said something like "here's who I picked on the podcast with Dan earlier", then he talked for a long time about Dan's pick of Bush who he likes a lot.

I'm not getting the impression that he has any real idea who they are going to pick... in years past he'd come right out and say "I'm pretty sure they're going to take XXX". Not that this is a bad thing, either.
Reply/Quote

If they take Dillard at 11 I wonder if they move Glenn to right tackle. Dillard seems like a pure pass blocking LT and played in an offense that rarely ran the ball. Glenn has the size to play RT and might benefit from the move. 
Reply/Quote
I could never be upset with at solid Offensive line pick. I really suspect it's defense though.
Reply/Quote
Dillard is the worst lt in first imo. Just watch his hands on tape

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he didnt jinx us. Dillard is who we need. He blocks the shit out of people.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 08:21 PM)Okeana Wrote: Dillard is the worst lt in first imo.  Just watch his hands on tape

(04-23-2019, 10:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hopefully he didnt jinx us. Dillard is who we need. He blocks the shit out of people.

So which of you is right?  Popcorn
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 11:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So which of you is right?  Popcorn

Dillard is the best pass pro in this draft.  His issues are with his core so run blocking not best.  I see him as LT.  Glenn is there.  So I do not see Dillard as the pick.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 10:28 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Lap will not be predicting anything from an inside rumor mill this season,he will not get access to inside info,as the bengals are keeping everything super quiet.That could change the closer we get but I kinda like the suspense of this year.Only four more days and a wakeup.I can so stoked,I can hardly wait.Its kinda like seeing that beautiful girl you always wanted to ask out,but never did for fear of getting turned down and then you had a dream about her with no clothes on and you woke up and dialed her number and she said Okay.Life is so so good.I love redheads. ThumbsUp :andy:

I didn't think you liked Dalton that much.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:49 PM)McC Wrote: I'd be willing to bet that this whole Lap bullshit happens nowhere else in the league.  It just screams incompetence.

I share your frustration with the prospect that Lap is telegraphing what we are picking and maneuvering accordingly.  And I like what Gruden and Mayock did in Oakland.

But I think the truth is that most teams have a good handle on who likes who, and who probably will take who - with rare exceptions. 

The Bengals problem seems to be their unwillingness to maneuver strategically.

We'll see.   But I don't really think the Lap thing is a real problem.
Reply/Quote
I would not pick Dillard. Although I will say he won the combine in comparison to Taylor and Williams. He was the best offensive lineman performer especially in the field workouts. Ford is a different comparison when it comes to testing. He's a RT or G with tremendous power potential.
Reply/Quote
Forgive me for being an alarmist, but Dillard's profile is so similar to Ogbuehi's in 2015. We don't need another soft, pass blocking tackle with poor core strength but good feet...
Reply/Quote

Correct me if I'm wrong because I didn't listen to the show, just saw others tweet about it...I believe Lapham said the ideal target is Jonah Williams if he's available, but if he's not, the pick would be Dillard.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:23 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Forgive me for being an alarmist, but Dillard's profile is so similar to Ogbuehi's in 2015. We don't need another soft, pass blocking tackle with poor core strength but good feet...

Difference is Dillard actually played well at OT in college whereas Ogbuehi didn't. Also, Dillard isn't currently going through an injury like Ogbuehi was when drafted. Dillard is a better prospect than Ogbuehi, but you're right, there are similarities.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 07:48 PM)lone bengal Wrote:  If they take Dillard at 11 I wonder if they move Glenn to right tackle. Dillard seems like a pure pass blocking LT and played in an offense that rarely ran the ball. Glenn has the size to play RT and might benefit from the move. 

You're forgetting another option...and it won't be one that people will like...
Andre Dillard, if drafted, becomes the swing OT and backs up both Hart and Glenn for his rookie year. He takes over after this season if Hart and/or Glenn plays poorly. If they both play well, Dillard plays swing tackle again in 2020 and takes over for Glenn after Glenn's contract is up after 2020.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You're forgetting another option...and it won't be one that people will like...
Andre Dillard, if drafted, becomes the swing OT and backs up both Hart and Glenn for his rookie year. He takes over after this season if Hart and/or Glenn plays poorly. If they both play well, Dillard plays swing tackle again in 2020 and takes over for Glenn after Glenn's contract is up after 2020.

That is exactly what I am expecting with any tackle we take. Cordy hasn't played a full season the last couple of seasons and if he should go down we need someone to step in. Boling can do it, but I'd rather leave him at LG.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:23 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Forgive me for being an alarmist, but Dillard's profile is so similar to Ogbuehi's in 2015. We don't need another soft, pass blocking tackle with poor core strength but good feet...

(04-24-2019, 11:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Difference is Dillard actually played well at OT in college whereas Ogbuehi didn't. Also, Dillard isn't currently going through an injury like Ogbuehi was when drafted. Dillard is a better prospect than Ogbuehi, but you're right, there are similarities.

Plus we have gotten to see Andre Dillard go up against solid competition at the Senior Bowl and excel at Senior Bowl practices.

Cedric missed the Senior Bowl due to his ACL injury so scouts could not get a look at him in the Senior Bowl setting against other solid prospects.

Still a risk though but so are most prospects.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You're forgetting another option...and it won't be one that people will like...

Hell, I'd like to see them put an extra tackle out there on the field more than they do. Let's run some people over. They've had success with it in the past.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 11:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong because I didn't listen to the show, just saw others tweet about it...I believe Lapham said the ideal target is Jonah Williams if he's available, but if he's not, the pick would be Dillard.

I've listened to the podcast, and it was kind of ambiguous. The way I interpreted the conversation is that he went back and forth between the two but that you are likely right in him liking Williams better. 

Lapham's pick was Dillard but he said he'd run to the podium if Williams was there. Hoard asked a clarifying question on if he liked Williams better and Lapham didn't really answer. He started talking about what he liked better about Dillard. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 09:31 AM)3wt Wrote: I share your frustration with the prospect that Lap is telegraphing what we are picking and maneuvering accordingly.  And I like what Gruden and Mayock did in Oakland.

But I think the truth is that most teams have a good handle on who likes who, and who probably will take who - with rare exceptions. 

The Bengals problem seems to be their unwillingness to maneuver strategically.

We'll see.   But I don't really think the Lap thing is a real problem.

I'm not sure that Lapham is even really saying anything we don't already know. I figured they were taking a center last year and thought they'd take John Ross the year before, so it's not like he's pulling these predictions completely out of nowhere. He might just be reading the same tea leaves as the rest of us.
Reply/Quote