Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Anybody to re look that draft strategy
(10-25-2020, 07:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Not just a pass rusher an Edge Defender...someone that can play 85% of the snaps and do it all. A destroyer of offensive game plans.

Kwity Paye had a huge game Saturday against Daniel Faalele.

I thought Daniel F.  Was out against game with Michigan.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Not just a pass rusher an Edge Defender...someone that can play 85% of the snaps and do it all. A destroyer of offensive game plans.

Kwity Paye had a huge game Saturday against Daniel Faalele.

Who did?

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:39 PM)samhain Wrote:  

We're due for some decent luck.  

LOL. When? It's been 30 years.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Next years draft needs to be OL and DL with an emphasis on pass rush on D. Said that for weeks.
Reply/Quote
At this point, Bengals will have an 8-12 pick. If used correctly, they can get a nice DL, OL or CB at a reasonable cost. Also, given this draft position, they can load up on some OL and DL in later rounds. Another WR would be nice as well.
Reply/Quote
Burrow can mask some of the deficiencies on the OL, but there is just no hiding a total lack of pass rush. We could have All Pro’s at every position in the secondary, and it wouldn’t matter. WR’s (and TE’s) are going to get open and make plays when the QB has that kind of time.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Instead of Oline, Oline, Oline, Oline. Perhaps we could sneak someone in that can get after the QB

I was thinking about this earlier and OL is still a huge need and depending on who is available I would be good with a pass rusher in the first. I have been saying they have to draft a tackle first but the d line looks just as bad as the offensive line.
If somehow Sewell is available then take him but an impact defender (or 5) is also a huge need.

Did the “back up” O line actually play decent today or did the Browns D linemen just get tired after having to rush Burrow for most of the game?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:57 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I was thinking about this earlier and OL is still a huge need and depending on who is available I would be good with a pass rusher in the first. I have been saying they have to draft a tackle first but the d line looks just as bad as the offensive line.
If somehow Sewell is available then take him but a impact defender is also a huge need.

Did the “back up” O line actually play decent today or did the Browns D linemen just get tired after having to rush Burrow for most of the game?

The backup offensive line was better than the starters but to say they played decently would be a stretch. I’m not sure people realize how embarrassingly putrid the Bengals’ offensive line is. Are you watching Seattle right now? Take some notes because they are very good.
Reply/Quote
We just don't have enough picks. It's going to take a couple drafts (if we don't screw up the picks) to right the ship.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Instead of Oline, Oline, Oline, Oline. Perhaps we could sneak someone in that can get after the QB

Personally I'm done watching this team draft lineman that bust or don't develop for whatever reason. Sign me 2 proven guys to protect Burrow, and draft a bonafide defensive playmaker. We haven't had one since Burfict fell off, and it hurts us almost as bad as the O line does.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: LOL. When? It's been 30 years.

Any ***** day now...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: We just don't have enough picks. It's going to take a couple drafts (if we don't screw up the picks) to right the ship.

Spending the kind of money they just did on run stoppers on pass rushers and OL this offseason would be a good start...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:16 PM)jason Wrote: Personally I'm done watching this team draft lineman that bust or don't develop for whatever reason. Sign me 2 proven guys to protect Burrow, and draft a bonafide defensive playmaker. We haven't had one since Burfict fell off, and it hurts us almost as bad as the O line does.

Jesse Bates...

[Image: template-am-i-a-joke-to-you-0c6db91aec9c.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jesse Bates...

[Image: template-am-i-a-joke-to-you-0c6db91aec9c.png]

He's nice... But he's not wrecking offensive game plans. I was talking about someone in the front 7.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:24 PM)jason Wrote: He's nice... But he's not wrecking offensive game plans. I was talking about someone in the front 7.

We haven’t really drafted one of those since Geno...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: We just don't have enough picks. It's going to take a couple drafts (if we don't screw up the picks) to right the ship.

This is an excellent point. The Bengals do not have enough picks so it may be time to trade the first round pick simply to get more. With another bad season we are likely to be drafting early again so we’re going to have another early draft position and this time we better trade it. The Bengals desperately need to draft lineman on both sides of the ball; however, offensive line is the most pressing need.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:39 PM)samhain Wrote: We're due for some decent luck.

I wonder how many Browns fans said that after we scored the go-ahead TD and they had to score a TD with 60-some seconds and no timeouts.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We haven’t really drafted one of those since Geno...

That even feels like it was dumb luck. But yeah... It's time to do it. All of this conditional on fixing the other line in FA.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is an excellent point. The Bengals do not have enough picks so it may be time to trade the first round pick simply to get more. With another bad season we are likely to be drafting early again so we’re going to have another early draft position and this time we better trade it. The Bengals desperately need to draft lineman on both sides of the ball; however, offensive line is the most pressing need.

I’m not so sure about that. They’ve played well enough (at least in pass pro) two weeks in a row to win. The lack of pass rush otoh has cost us the game two weeks in a row. QB’s will continue to carve us up until we can get pressure. Old man Rivers and Baker freaking Mayfield have no business setting passing records.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wonder how many Browns fans said that after we scored the go-ahead TD and they had to score a TD with 60-some seconds and no timeouts.

They should have felt quite confident. Mayfield owns the Bengals.

Reply/Quote