Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Anybody to re look that draft strategy
(10-25-2020, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not so sure about that. They’ve played well enough (at least in pass pro) two weeks in a row to win. The lack of pass rush otoh has cost us the game two weeks in a row. QB’s will continue to carve us up until we can get pressure. Old man Rivers and Baker freaking Mayfield have no business setting passing records.

Pass protection is barely acceptable but run blocking is beyond bad. Joe Mixon should be getting at least 100 yards in most games. This three yards per carry business is awful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Pass protection is barely acceptable but run blocking is beyond bad. Joe Mixon should be getting at least 100 yards in most games. This three yards per carry business is awful.

The pass pro has been fine lately. Good enough to let Joe throw for 400+ yds and 3 TD’s. And at least one of the sacks was on Joe today.

The run blocking sucks, but they magically figured it out late last season, so to me it’s coaching and scheme.

Reply/Quote
I think we need to take the best linemen available at our draft position. Whether it be offense or defense just the highest graded lineman on the board in rounds 1-3.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They should have felt quite confident. Mayfield owns the Bengals.

I'll admit when he threw an INT on his first pass and then went 0-7 or something on passes after that I thought "Great, get Keenum in there so he can flop, too."  Ah well.
Reply/Quote
Depending on what we do with Lawson in the off-season it could make pass rusher the ultimate need in the off-season. We still have Hubbard though and if we resign Lawson then it won't be as big. 3T to me is a bigger need.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit when he threw an INT on his first pass and then went 0-7 or something on passes after that I thought "Great, get Keenum in there so he can flop, too."  Ah well.

Two weeks in a row a struggling QB had a get right game against us. Typical.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Two weeks in a row a struggling QB had a get right game against us. Typical.

True, I pointed out how Rivers was "done" before he played us so hoping Baker just went bust on us was wishful thinking.  I'm still surprised Baker did that well, against us or otherwise, because when he has to throw the ball and keep up he's just prime for failure.  With that being said, the Browns did get better at winning games they are supposed to win.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Instead of Oline, Oline, Oline, Oline. Perhaps we could sneak someone in that can get after the QB

Absolutely.  I target Thuney as the RG of the future.  He is the best OG in the game, and is just 28, and the Pats will be rebuilding and I doubt they use the franchise tag on him again.  Assuming XSF returns and plays well down the stretch, he could move to LG (his natural position) and the interior of the line would be significantly improved without hoping a draft pick can come in and contribute immediately.  

I would draft DE, DT, and OT/G with the first three picks.  No more shiny pieces will be allowed until the trenches are fortified.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Two weeks in a row a struggling QB had a get right game against us. Typical.

Wait until Tannehill rolls into Cincy next week to get his anger out from losing to the Steelers yesterday. He’s not struggling at all, but, he will want to make up for the loss.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 11:48 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Wait until Tannehill rolls into Cincy next week to get his anger out from losing to the Steelers yesterday. He’s not struggling at all, but, he will want to make up for the loss.

So, we should draft Pass Rushers, or Coverage guys?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 12:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, we should draft Pass Rushers, or Coverage guys?

Pass-rushers. At least one interior and one exterior.

Add a guard in a free agency and an OT in the draft.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are picking 1-3 then Penei Sewell is the guy there is no doubt...Now if they are picking 5-10? Gregory Rousseau should be very high on their board.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Olinemen tend to require more coaching coming out of college. I could see this as justification that we should go heavy Oline in free agency and go heavy Dline in the draft.
Reply/Quote
After this week, I ask the same question.

We got 1 sack and it was by a LB that took about 5 seconds.

JB can make the line (I know many have told me that's impossible) but we need Dline.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: After this week, I ask the same question.

JB can make the line (I know many have told me that's impossible) but we need Dline.

DL is absolutely the biggest need at this point. The pass rush is literally one guy.

Has Kareem made a single play this season?

Reply/Quote

He wasn't even supposed to blitz either. It was more of a "heads up" play than drawn up. Plus, with how they look to utilize Burrow passing 60 times a game, it's probably a better idea to get a better pass rusher than line. Looks like him and Zach are getting a handle on that so lets fix the pass rush
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

Agreed... I want a bonafide playmaker on defense in the draft this year. They can sign O line help.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: DL is absolutely the biggest need at this point. The pass rush is literally one guy.

Has Kareem made a single play this season?

(Rookie Watch)

"Former Notre Dame edge rusher Khalid Kareem saw more snaps in Week 8 than he had in any of his first seven games as a Bengal (43 in total), and it didn’t go all that great. The fifth-round rookie won just 4% of his pass-rush reps and had a neutral zone infraction on a third down, which handed the Titans a fresh set of downs."

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:15 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He wasn't even supposed to blitz either. It was more of a "heads up" play than drawn up. Plus, with how they look to utilize Burrow passing 60 times a game, it's probably a better idea to get a better pass rusher than line. Looks like him and Zach are getting a handle on that so lets fix the pass rush

His responsibility is the RB. If the RB engages a rusher, then he blitzes. It's designed that way.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: His responsibility is the RB. If the RB engages a rusher, then he blitzes. It's designed that way.

Right, but still a heads up play for a rookie. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote