Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Anybody to re look that draft strategy
Draft won't matter is the coaching staff is still here.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know folks are mad, but Joe was clean when he delivered the ball. 

Washington registered two QB hits on that play. It’s stupid to suggest Burrow had a clean pocket during a play he suffered a significant knee injury when two defenders bent his knee in two directions it isn’t supposed to bend. Troll better in the future.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 07:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Washington registered two QB hits on that play.  It’s stupid to suggest Burrow had a clean pocket during a play he suffered a significant knee injury when two defenders bent his knee in two directions it isn’t supposed to bend. Troll better in the future.

Happy Thanksgiving
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After the emotion of last week has waned and we watched today's NYG game; what think we now?

I saw hope on the oline; I say nothing on the Dline. Margus Hunt was our best dlineman today.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: After the emotion of last week has waned and we watched today's NYG game; what think we now?

I saw hope on the oline; I say nothing on the Dline. Margus Hunt was our best dlineman today.

yeah there is zero pass rush. 

difference to OLine i guess is that the two best players in Reader and Atkins are out/making there way back.

depending on how you think about  XSF that's pretty much our best OLine ..and the running game is still garbage.

Liking Spain..bit worried that Williams is starting to look worse /rather than better.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: After the emotion of last week has waned and we watched today's NYG game; what think we now?

I don't think it's one or the other at this point.  Both are pretty unacceptable, and corner will be a need as well.  As I said in another thread, there are needs at about 8 different positions on this roster.  This is becoming a true best non-quarterback available situation.
Reply/Quote

I am still on the "Build the Trenches" bandwagon. I am upset that this draft is thin on pass rushing DT's, we sorely need a replacement for Geno. I wouldn't mind doubling up at DT like how we did a LB last draft if the board is friendly. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:20 PM)Knightmare on Elm Street Wrote: I am still on the "Build the Trenches" bandwagon. I am upset that this draft is thin on pass rushing DT's, we sorely need a replacement for Geno. I wouldn't mind doubling up at DT like how we did a LB last draft if the board is friendly. 

Look at the Nixon kid from Iowa. 

I have no problem with "build the trenches" mentality, we just have to ask ourselves: which trench needs more work

Reply/Quote
I see we ran for less than 50 yds. Yikes.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Look at the Nixon kid from Iowa. 

I have no problem with "build the trenches" mentality, we just have to ask ourselves: which trench needs more work

All priority has to go to the offense at this point. We have to build in front of our QB, get that settled, then address more defense. I would hope to see like a 80/20 split devotion to offense in FA and Draft. Some might think it is a lot, but right now you got to put your franchise QB in best position to stay healthy and put up points. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Look at the Nixon kid from Iowa. 

Probably the one protecting Burrow’s knees. Unless you want to see Burrow’s back up starting again next season.
Reply/Quote
Alternate rounds. Odd rounds O line even rounds d line.

I'm actually only semi joking.
Reply/Quote
That Ravens/Browns game just reaffirmed my desire to focus on offense. We need to be able to win these 47-42 type shootouts with Lamar and Mayfield in our division. Give Burrow an OL and all the weapons we can.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Instead of Oline, Oline, Oline, Oline. Perhaps we could sneak someone in that can get after the QB

I have been saying for a while now, my goal would be to sign Joe Thuney, Draft Sewell, and then go after defensive line with Rds 2 and 3.  Preferably, interior defensive line.  If a guy like Barmore is there, he is a Bengal.  

Watching Washington start to hit their stride (defense has been amazing...offense finally wasn't pathetic under Alex Smith but I believe he got injured) shows just how much the rest of the defense can improve when you have beasts on the front line. 

I like our outside guys in Hubbard, Lawson, and Kareem, but we could use a speedy OLB/DE to rush the passer as well.  My fear of drafting such a player is they would only play him on 3rd and long when almost every team is passing on first down.  This "save the pass rush until third and long" has to stop.  

There is a guy I would like to see the Bengals give a long look in Rd 3 (could possibly trade back a few and gain an additional pick?) is Chris Rumph from Duke.  He is one of the fastest and most instinctive players i have seen in a long time.  He lines up all over the place and I see him as a unique skill set that could help rush the passer.  

EDIT:  Rumph might not last until Rd 3...I just read an article where someone has him as a first rounder.  Groan.  Thought I had a hidden gem.  
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 10:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: EDIT:  Rumph might not last until Rd 3...I just read an article where someone has him as a first rounder.  Groan.  Thought I had a hidden gem.  

I can easily see Chris Rumph II sliding. He reminds me of Zack Baun last year. He will measure in at a tall 6'2 sub 240lbs and not as polished as Baun dropping off into coverage.

Every year there's a guy like Rumph that slides because he's not quite an edge defender and limited experience at stack linebacker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 01:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That Ravens/Browns game just reaffirmed my desire to focus on offense. We need to be able to win these 47-42 type shootouts with Lamar and Mayfield in our division. Give Burrow an OL and all the weapons we can.

Anybody take notice how the Browns in one off season
Reinvented their oline through 3 different ways.draft ,free agency and hiring a good oline coach.plus Dorsey did a under
The radar trade to get the best RG in the NFL in Wyatt Teller.
Everything begins and ends with the oline 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 11:05 AM)Synric Wrote: I can easily see Chris Rumph II sliding. He reminds me of Zack Baun last year. He will measure in at a tall 6'2 sub 240lbs and not as polished as Baun dropping off into coverage.

Every year there's a guy like Rumph that slides because he's not quite an edge defender and limited experience at stack linebacker.

I hope so...playing at Duke doesn't help, but at least you know he is a smart kid :)
Reply/Quote
If the 2021 draft was left up to me I would pick the best player available in the following order: OL, DL, OL, DL, OL, DL, OL. Combine this strategy with new offensive and defensive line coaches and the Bengals just might get a little better.
Reply/Quote
Draft Penei Sewell and then Ohio State ( I know) offensive guard Wyatt Davis or Center Josh Myers (from Miamisburg, Oh). One other pick I wouldn't be upset with in the 2nd is TE Freirmuth, Penn State who they call "Little Gronk".
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 02:10 PM)yang Wrote: Draft Penei Sewell and then Ohio State ( I know) offensive guard Wyatt Davis or Center Josh Myers (from Miamisburg, Oh).  One other pick I wouldn't be upset with in the 2nd is TE Freirmuth, Penn State who they call "Little Gronk".

I'd rather go with a G than a C, as the G positions are in worse shape than C.
Wyatt Davis is very likely going in Top 15, so I highly doubt he falls to Rd 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote