Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Heard Any Rumors?
Has anyone heard any rumors about who we're thinking about taking from Marvin or from anyone else with any inside knowledge of the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
Nothing really, but I read (as did some of you I'm assuming) that we shouldn't be surprised if we take a DL or DB at 21? That's the latest known knowledge that I am aware of.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Very quiet right now. But to keep it exciting is to watch what other teams do right now and consider if it effects us and if we will act on it. Butterfly effect. Lol...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Even if you hear it, don't believe it. It's all smoke.

The only one who seems to have a good read or insider info. is Lapham. So listen to him if you want info., but still......most things are and will be smoke.
Reply/Quote
My preference for positions to take in the first round in order:
1. C
2. OG
3. OT
4. DT
5. LB
6. QB
7. TE
8. DE
9. Safety
10. CB
11. WR
12. RB

Haven't heard anything, of course. Just how I feel about the draft this year :).
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 08:01 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My preference for positions to take in the first round in order:
1. C
2. OG
3. OT
4. DT
5. LB
6. QB
7. TE
8. DE
9. Safety
10. CB
11. WR
12. RB

Haven't heard anything, of course. Just how I feel about the draft this year :).

Good list. Here’s mine:
1. Center
2. OT
3. LB
4. DT
5. Safety
6. TE
7. OG
8. CB
9. DE
10. No QB, RB or WR in first 3 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 07:43 AM)Stewy Wrote: Even if you hear it, don't believe it.  It's all smoke.

The only one who seems to have a good read or insider info. is Lapham.  So listen to him if you want info., but still......most things are and will be smoke.

and so it should be. 

If someone heard from Marvin the truth about who he was selecting at 21 right now ? Then he should be fired immediately as a traitor.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The next four weeks are going to go by so slow.
I hate there being so much time between FA and the draft, but I get that teams need time to check out prospects.
I just REALLY hope that the Bengals go after a player in the first round that will be a big contributor (ideally starter), not just a depth player as a rookie.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 10:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The next four weeks are going to go by so slow.
I hate there being so much time between FA and the draft, but I get that teams need time to check out prospects.
I just REALLY hope that the Bengals go after a player in the first round that will be a big contributor (ideally starter), not just a depth player as a rookie.

or a project for down the road.

Absolutely paramount that they attempt to find starters for this year in my book with early picks. 

They may whiff ? Yet have to swing at it like it is full count with two outs in the bottom of the ninth and they are down two runs. 

Take your cut at anything close.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 11:18 AM)Go Cards Wrote: or a project for down the road.

Absolutely paramount that they attempt to find starters for this year in my book with early picks. 

They may whiff ? Yet have to swing at it like it is full count with two outs in the bottom of the ninth and they are down two runs. 

Take your cut at anything close.

Are you saying you think the Bengals SHOULD consider a project for down the road or not consider it?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The only "rumor" I heard was that Lap said on a podcast that he would go with Price at #21.

Now, that's his opinion, but he always nails things the week of the draft - including the Ced and Fisher picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 12:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The only "rumor" I heard was that Lap said on a podcast that he would go with Price at #21.

Now, that's his opinion, but he always nails things the week of the draft - including the Ced and Fisher picks.

I'm with Lap.  If he's the best C in the draft, take him at 21 and don't look back.  Forget about getting cute and ending up with one in the 5th.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 11:24 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Are you saying you think the Bengals SHOULD consider a project for down the road or not consider it?

Was adding to the things you listed "not" to do early on. 

As much screaming as I did after Ced and Fischer were drafted a few years ago should be evidence of how I feel about doing that early in draft. Where are all the eggs now that said I would see why a few years from now ? 

Do not need Dalton's replacement for several years from now with first few picks only to see his rookie contract expire before he has shown anything. 

Need OL help, LB help, first imo.  Maybe DT, TE, S and take the pot shots projects later in draft. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 01:14 PM)McC Wrote: I'm with Lap.  If he's the best C in the draft, take him at 21 and don't look back.  Forget about getting cute and ending up with one in the 5th.

Lap needs to shut his trap on what we are to do or someone in need of that coveted Cnter will trade up in front of Bengals and they will end up with that cute scenario he is speaking of. 

Love the guy but he is loose with the lips and it could cost us. It is not a hidden fact he has been right quite a few times. Certain other teams are taking note of this. 

Am perfectly fine if Pollack loves a Center enough to take him in the first. But that should be his choice and please note that it may not be the Center everybody thinks it should be. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 02:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Lap needs to shut his trap on what we are to do or someone in need of that coveted Cnter will trade up in front of Bengals and they will end up with that cute scenario he is speaking of. 

Love the guy but he is loose with the lips and it could cost us. It is not a hidden fact he has been right quite a few times. Certain other teams are taking note of this. 

Am perfectly fine if Pollack loves a Center enough to take him in the first. But that should be his choice and please note that it may not be the Center everybody thinks it should be. 

It's going to happen.  EVERYONE in the league knows that the Bengals are sitting with 2 backups - that couldn't even beat out the worst center in the league.  There's no way we go into next year with those two.

That being said, I can easily see a scenario where the Ravens take Daniels or Price at #16 and then someone moves up to #20 to take the other one.

I know, I know, Centers never go early in the draft, but it only takes one team to start a run at a position.  Who thought that Corey Davis, Mike Williams and John Ross would go before pick 10 last year?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 02:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's going to happen.  EVERYONE in the league knows that the Bengals are sitting with 2 backups - that couldn't even beat out the worst center in the league.  There's no way we go into next year with those two.

That being said, I can easily see a scenario where the Ravens take Daniels or Price at #16 and then someone moves up to #20 to take the other one.

I know, I know, Centers never go early in the draft, but it only takes one team to start a rn at a position.  Who thought that Corey Davis, Mike Williams and John Ross would go before pick 10 last year?

With the lack of the number of top notch pass rushers TEs and wrs someone has to go early. Maybe the guys at the top at those positions go early since there isnt many. At least i hope. I can see no WRs or TEs going in the first which worries me.

I didnt think Elflein would last til the 3rd last year though. 
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 12:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The only "rumor" I heard was that Lap said on a podcast that he would go with Price at #21.

Which is what I was alluding to above.  Listen to Lap or no one at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 02:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's going to happen.  EVERYONE in the league knows that the Bengals are sitting with 2 backups - that couldn't even beat out the worst center in the league.  There's no way we go into next year with those two.

I know, I know, Centers never go early in the draft, but it only takes one team to start a run at a position.  Who thought that Corey Davis, Mike Williams and John Ross would go before pick 10 last year?

They could just say screw it and take Ragnow in the first at that point. When was the last time that two centers were taken before pick 21 I wonder? Has anyone ever traded up for a center in the first?
Reply/Quote
Really really easy to predict who they're going to take at 21. The really really tough part is being right .
I'm thinking interior offensive line, center or guard, but it could go DL just as easily or even LB if the right player falls.   
Still, 21 isn't as important as the overall number of picks, 11 and 5 are in the 1st 4 rounds and 6 in the 6th and 7th. 
There's nothing that says they can't find great players in the 6th and 7th rounds although the odds are better in the higher rounds.
As usual most people are focused on the first round, but almost always discount 6th and 7th and CFA's..  It seems there's actually more value in CFAs than 6 and 7 although that's probably more about perception than reality .
The cool part most fans don't think about is rookies are all still young men who haven't reached their full potential . Certain positions take a few years to truly develop .CBs, QBs and so on while running backs tend to flame out when they're still quite young . Most are hit or miss . Most fans are not willing to wait a few years for a 6th or 7th round player to grow and develop into a full grown man.. My favorites are usually 4th and 5th round in their 3rd seasons, not 1st rounders where it's sink or swim where everyone wants to slap the 'bust' label on anyone who isn't a big star by their 2nd season . 

Rumor has it that the Bengals will lose more than they win.  I'm not buying it.. 
Reply/Quote
Trade up in the second to get a C. We've got 3 5th round picks and 2 3rd round picks. Tevan Bryan at 21 would be great to throw into rotation with Dunlap, Willis and Lawson. Or next to Geno on the inside on alot of plays.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote