Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone concerned about Hue Jackson, yet?
(08-25-2015, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: OL is part of the offense, correct?  Does not the OL coach answer to the OC?  I'm wondering why Jackson hasn't made getting the OL in working order, more of a priority?  That is why I question weather there may be some disconnect between Jackson, and the position coaches.

"working order"..its preseason dude..chill out..and yes lets create rumors that Jackson is not getting along with position coaches..too funny
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm very concerned Sunset but along with Hue nearly everything else as well. The lack of pride displayed by the 1st team last night while having their @$$e$ handed to them was unacceptable. They seemed very disconnected in all phases of the game. Not a performance of a playoff bound team to say the least.

oh really..you are concerned over a preseason game..then you dont know football.."not the performance of a playoff bound team?''...then why dont you do you r research..many teams ..including the bengals ,have gotten the crap beaten out of thenm in preseason and have gone on to win titles and superbowls
Reply/Quote
Actually Xavier, Gruden never had the offense lay an egg like they did versus Cleveland and Indy during the regular season. Never was shut out before. Never had a QB post a 2 QBR. So we should start questioning Hue. Folks acting like Monday's performance was somehow "new" or just "preseason" aren't making much sense in the grand scheme of things and are losing credibility.

Their football eye and judgment seems to be shortsighted. Lacking big picture vision.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Not concerned, you can do all the coaching and planning you want but if receivers don't make easy catches, QB's throw into double coverage and RBs fumble the ball, you are probably going to struggle to win games.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 11:16 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Not concerned, you can do all the coaching and planning you want but if receivers don't make easy catches, QB's throw into double coverage and RBs fumble the ball, you are probably going to struggle to win games.

Then again, you think they would coach them not to do those things... It goes hand in hand.
Reply/Quote
Preseason and playoffs. I couldn't tell the difference with that last game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 11:30 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Then again, you think they would coach them not to do those things... It goes hand in hand.

Hmm not really. I mean catching and carrying small tweaks to technique can be made but ultimately this is just down to reps and the athlete to take ownership of mistake. Decision making I don't think can be coached at all. All the coach can do is draw up the play if a QB consistently makes the wrong read there isn't much a man on the sidelines can do.

Reply/Quote
I like Hue and think he's an improvement over Gruden. Gruden ran the ball because Marvin made him unlike Jackson who runs the Ball because he wants to. Also in Gruden final year he had a healthy roster while Hue didn't.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 07:55 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I know it is only preseason, but i would have liked to still seen some adjustments vs Tampa.  For instance, if Andy is getting a lot of pressure, why not roll him out a play or two.  Mix it up some.  But all this was happening because we couldn't run the ball.

In my experiences, the best way to counter an aggressive defensive line is to run right at it, as opposed to away from it.  With all of the stunting that the Bucs were executing superbly, on a regular basis, I would have I would have run the inside trap play, to whatever side of the line that McCoy was lined up on.

(08-26-2015, 10:47 AM)xavierdude Wrote: oh please..this was a preseason game..go check out some of the monumental losses by teams in preseason over the course of the years..the very same teams went on to win titles that very same year

if you realize that this is preseason , as you sy you do, then quit worrying

I don't know man, you seem to be of the minority opinion in this thread..

(08-26-2015, 10:49 AM)xavierdude Wrote: "working order"..its preseason dude..chill out..and yes lets create rumors that Jackson is not getting along with position coaches..too funny

By "working order", I mean at least looking like they are operating out of the same playbook as the rest of the offense.  And no one is "creating rumors" about Jackson.  I am merely suggesting that there could possibly be some disconnect between he and the position coaches.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In my experiences, the best way to counter an aggressive defensive line is to run right at it, as opposed to away from it.  With all of the stunting that the Bucs were executing superbly, on a regular basis, I would have I would have run the inside trap play, to whatever side of the line that McCoy was lined up on.

I don't know man, you seem to be of the minority opinion in this thread..

By "working order", I mean at least looking like they are operating out of the same playbook as the rest of the offense.  And no one is "creating rumors" about Jackson.  I am merely suggesting that there could possibly be some disconnect between he and the position coaches.
I may be a minority but facts remain the same..preseason results are meaningless and many teams have gotten the crap beaten out of them in preseason and gone on and done very well in the regular season..this including our Bengals..DO YOUR RESEARCH

I can assure you that jackson and his coaches are on the same page. The team stunk it up in a meaningless preseason game..nothing more
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:21 PM)xavierdude Wrote: I may be a minority but facts remain the same..preseason results are meaningless and many teams have gotten the crap beaten out of them in preseason and gone on and done very well in the regular season..this including our Bengals..DO YOUR RESEARCH

I can assure you that jackson and his coaches are on the same page. The team stunk it up in a meaningless preseason game..nothing more

Do my research?  What in the hell do you think watching games with a critical eye is?

Edit: And if you are going to try and refute any and everyone on here that posts something less than positive, or has questions about the team; then you're in for a long season..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think we will be just fine with Hue running the offense. Everyone loves to over react to preseason games. Hue isn't going to show the whole playbook in a meaningless game. The result is a pretty vanilla offense. I expect this offense to be rolling week 1 against the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 01:06 PM)ASUBengalsfan Wrote: I think we will be just fine with Hue running the offense. Everyone loves to over react to preseason games. Hue isn't going to show the whole playbook in a meaningless game. The result is a pretty vanilla offense. I expect this offense to be rolling week 1 against the Raiders.

I totally get the practice of not showing much, just some basic stuff.  However, the things that have me irritated are the complete lack of fundamental skills that were demonstrated.  Things like blocking, tackling, catching, throwing, and ball security.  An error or two, I dismiss as preseason rust.  A whole game of them, I wonder what in the heck the coaches are doing.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 11:30 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Then again, you think they would coach them not to do those things... It goes hand in hand.

well if your gonna be over aggressive and throw into triple coverage... Preseason is the time to do it.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 01:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I totally get the practice of not showing much, just some basic stuff.  However, the things that have me irritated are the complete lack of fundamental skills that were demonstrated.  Things like blocking, tackling, catching, throwing, and ball security.  An error or two, I dismiss as preseason rust.  A whole game of them, I wonder what in the heck the coaches are doing.
Because you said Hue should open up his whole playbook... wuh wait... you didn't?!?

Well shucks.

I get exactly what you are saying.  Fundamentals should be an automatic at this point.  Preseason or not.

I wonder if people think Zimmer wouldn't be screaming about piss poor tackling in a preseason game?

LMFAO

Short memories around these parts. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 01:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I totally get the practice of not showing much, just some basic stuff.  However, the things that have me irritated are the complete lack of fundamental skills that were demonstrated.  Things like blocking, tackling, catching, throwing, and ball security.  An error or two, I dismiss as preseason rust.  A whole game of them, I wonder what in the heck the coaches are doing.

probly wishing the new CBA allowed more than 1 practice a day and more than 2 contact practices a week
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 07:28 AM)djs7685 Wrote: And as usual you're posting in the middle of the night and sound like a drunken lunatic like in the fantasy football thread. Good job, did you just get off your shift at 7/11??

You know you're doing a terrible job at bashing me when my arch-nemesis of the boards owns you for attacking me. I bet your parents are so proud.

You've clearly proven that you don't know shit about the Bengals in this thread, and you clearly get way too worked up about stuff that you aren't even knowledgeable about. I'd probably bow out of this before it gets much worse.
Ha! You're just sad. Nobody owns me there chief. Don't know or care who your "arch-nemesis" is there "quite possibly ass hat". I'm a professional musician and I get paid well to do exactly what I love and was born to do. The middle of the night for me is equal to 7pm for others because that is when I get home from my work.
Actually my parents and the rest of my family and friends are very proud of me because I am self made and a very good human being.
As for the Bengals and many other sports I am very knowledgeable hence my nickname of Coach, which was given to me not by myself but by my peers. When they are interested in placing a sports bet that they are unsure of they tend to contact me and ask for my input.
The only thing that I bow to is my respected elders and gracious fans. Now you go and have a terrific day Mr.Wonderful Career.
Bengals line,O,D,HC, and O cord all blew in that game.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 02:37 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Ha! You're just sad. Nobody owns me there chief. Don't know or care who your "arch-nemesis" is there "quite possibly ass hat". I'm a professional musician and I get paid well to do exactly what I love and was born to do. The middle of the night for me is equal to 7pm for others because that is when I get home from my work.
Actually my parents and the rest of my family and friends are very proud of me because I am self made and a very good human being.
As for the Bengals and many other sports I am very knowledgeable hence my nickname of Coach, which was given to me not by myself but by my peers. When they are interested in placing a sports bet that they are unsure of they tend to contact me and ask for my input.
The only thing that I bow to is my respected elders and gracious fans. Now you go and have a terrific day Mr.Wonderful Career.
Bengals line,O,D,HC, and O cord all blew in that game.

My degenerate friends call me coach and I'm in a garage band. AM I COOL YET????? Is mommy looking at me yet...no? I'll go off on another drunk tangent on a message board, then she'll look at me!

Thanks for yet again proving your level of intelligence.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 04:28 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: How is it a fact? Dalton spreads the ball around fine. Dalton has a good amount of comeback wins too. Hill had a few fumbles last year, but it was his rookie season. A lot of great running backs had that problem early in their career and then it fixed (Peterson had 19 fumbles his first 3 years). We have had bad games in the past and this was just another one. The thing about this one though is there was no game plan, there was nothing but vanilla play calling across the board. It also didn't mean anything, not for a playoff spot, not even for really evaluating our 1s, because we weren't really scheming against the Buccaneers. The buccaneers wanted a home win very bad, because the last time they had a home win was in 2013 (including preseason).

FWIW only people who don't know how Daltons contract works says he's overpaid.
I live in Florida. I'm quite aware of the Bucs, their record,players, and fans. I am also aware of Dalton's contract and thankful that if he plays like he did on Monday night as well as almost every prime time game thus far, with the exception of a couple of games, we can shit can his overrated hind end.
I would take Bridgewater over Dalton everyday of the week.
They all played like crap Monday night. I'm not worked up about it at all but I will temper my expectations for the upcoming season based off of the same bad tendencies that have seemed to carry over into this new season.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 02:45 PM)djs7685 Wrote: My degenerate friends call me coach and I'm in a garage band. AM I COOL YET????? Is mommy looking at me yet...no? I'll go off on another drunk tangent on a message board, then she'll look at me!

Thanks for yet again proving your level of intelligence.
You know nothing bud. I play professionally and have made a very happy living while doing it.
You prove your lack of intelligence with every post, but we still appreciate having you around nonetheless.
After reflection I find your attempted derogatory post concerning "garage bands" insulting and humorous at the same time.
Many a great and famous bands were formed in just that manner. Lynyrd Skynard, The Allman Brothers, Metallica, Jackson Brown, and the Eagles just off of the top of my head.
Reply/Quote