Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone concerned about Hue Jackson, yet?
(08-26-2015, 02:01 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Because you said Hue should open up his whole playbook... wuh wait... you didn't?!?

Well shucks.

I get exactly what you are saying.  Fundamentals should be an automatic at this point.  Preseason or not.

I wonder if people think Zimmer wouldn't be screaming about piss pour tackling in a preseason game?

LMFAO

Short memories around these parts. 

Zimmer's 1st team hasn't let up yet. They did as well as expected. I miss that guy.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 02:55 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Zimmer's 1st team hasn't let up yet. They did as well as expected. I miss that guy.

Meh, the Vikings were just trying to get fan interest and sellout the Gophers' home field.... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do my research?  What in the hell do you think watching games with a critical eye is?

Edit:  And if you are going to try and refute any and everyone on here that posts something less than positive, or has questions about the team; then you're in for a long season..

sunset..your eyes and my eyes are not critical..you are taking what is basically a professional scrimmage and making a mountain out of a molehill.. when you become a professional football coach please let us know

I am not in for a long season..as I have always maintained, this is a good football team but not yet a very good football team that will take us deep in the playoffs

But I do refute your assessment of one lousy preseason game  .. and anyone that knows anything about football knows that aside from some conditioning and looking at players that might have a chance to make the club, preseason is meaningless.

again..quit being so lazy and check out the very good teams over the last decade that have had horrendous preseason games and have gone on to division titles and the superbowl Rock On
Reply/Quote
Sloppy execution is one thing.....piss poor effort is another. I think that is the crux of folks' concerns over this scrimmage. The EFFORT was just not there, in my opinion....

Reply/Quote
Remember in 2011 when Dalton threw 3 INTs in his first two preseason games in 2011? The offense could only muster up 10 total points in those two games. The defense gave up 41 points in the first two quarters of both those games.

Remember in 2012 when the 3rd preseason game and the Bengals couldn't even get a runner to gain over 20 yards besides Dalton? Or that they allowed two Aaron Rodgers rushing touchdowns in the first quarter?

How about 2013 in the 3rd preseason game where Dre Kirkpatrick was getting beat badly by Dez Bryant? The defense gave up two touchdowns to Tony Romo and again the offense struggled?

There's also last year against the Cardinals where Gio only got a 1.7 YPC average. Then throw in the offense couldn't score touchdowns?

In all 4 of those games the 1st team offense didn't score a touchdown. Yet this team has made the playoffs year in and year out. Although 2014 was a bad year for Dalton, he improved every year even though his preseason games weren't tremendous. The defense played vanilla. The rushing attack seemed abysmal.

and new england..and chicago and Pitt and baltimore etc..all have had lousy preseason games and have gone on and done well
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 03:36 PM)xavierdude Wrote: Remember in 2011 when Dalton threw 3 INTs in his first two preseason games in 2011? The offense could only muster up 10 total points in those two games. The defense gave up 41 points in the first two quarters of both those games.

Remember in 2012 when the 3rd preseason game and the Bengals couldn't even get a runner to gain over 20 yards besides Dalton? Or that they allowed two Aaron Rodgers rushing touchdowns in the first quarter?

How about 2013 in the 3rd preseason game where Dre Kirkpatrick was getting beat badly by Dez Bryant? The defense gave up two touchdowns to Tony Romo and again the offense struggled?

There's also last year against the Cardinals where Gio only got a 1.7 YPC average. Then throw in the offense couldn't score touchdowns?

In all 4 of those games the 1st team offense didn't score a touchdown. Yet this team has made the playoffs year in and year out. Although 2014 was a bad year for Dalton, he improved every year even though his preseason games weren't tremendous. The defense played vanilla. The rushing attack seemed abysmal.

and new england..and chicago and Pitt and baltimore etc..all have had lousy preseason games and have gone on and done well

I get that....and lack of focus and sloppy play is of no concern.....however, a lackluster effort is a problem in my eyes....I don't care if you're doing warmups.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 03:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sloppy execution is one thing.....piss poor effort is another.  I think that is the crux of folks' concerns over this scrimmage.  The EFFORT was just not there, in my opinion....

you are absolutely correct..so what..its preseason..This was Tampas superbowl after losing all their games at home last year..and you know something..that coach was an idiot keeping winston in after he hurt his ankle

if the bengals were to play tampa this sunday in a regular season game you would see a totally different outcome
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 03:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: I get that....and lack of focus and sloppy play is of no concern.....however, a lackluster effort is a problem in my eyes....I don't care if you're doing warmups.

well thank goodness your eyes are not those of a professional football coach..you ever hear of vanilla game planning in the preseason..most good teams do it..it looked lackluster because it was

again ..Tampa was playing in their superbowl with Winston and a team that had lost every game at home last year

they would have done the same to the patriots, seattle etc..good teams dont show all their cards in preseason

for avid bengals fans you all sure give up too easily
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 03:40 PM)xavierdude Wrote: you are absolutely correct..so what..its preseason..This was Tampas superbowl after losing all their games at home last year..and you know something..that coach was an idiot keeping winston in after he hurt his ankle

if the bengals were to play tampa this sunday in a regular season game you would see a totally different outcome

Yeah, I believe that.....although we did just barley get out of there with a w last season....albeit hobbled by injuries and a QB with a fever.  Any given Sunday.....maybe I'm just old school, but I was always taught you play like you practice.....and if we practiced like shit, we ran our asses off..... Smirk

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 03:44 PM)xavierdude Wrote: well thank goodness your eyes are not those of a professional football coach..you ever hear of vanilla game planning in the preseason..most good teams do it..it looked lackluster because it was

again ..Tampa was playing in their superbowl with Winston and a team that had lost every game at home last year

they would have done the same to the patriots, seattle etc..good teams dont show all their cards in preseason

for avid bengals fans you all sure give up too easily

PPPfffffttttt!!!!!!!  Whatever man.....I've been here since the early to mid 80's......have a good one.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 03:39 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I get that....and lack of focus and sloppy play is of no concern.....however, a lackluster effort is a problem in my eyes....I don't care if you're doing warmups.

Effort fortantely is a problem easily fixed by boots to asses.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 04:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Effort fortantely is a problem easily fixed by boots to asses.

Which should be Hue's strength (and was supposedly Gruden's weakness). The team does recover well after bad outings. It just shouldn't take bad outings to light a fire in them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 04:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Which should be Hue's strength (and was supposedly Gruden's weakness). The team does recover well after bad outings. It just shouldn't take bad outings to light a fire in them.

it really looked like one of those trap games you hear about where we fell into the trap lol
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 04:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Effort fortantely is a problem easily fixed by boots to asses.

Affirmative......

(08-26-2015, 04:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Which should be Hue's strength (and was supposedly Gruden's weakness). The team does recover well after bad outings. It just shouldn't take bad outings to light a fire in them.

......agreed.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: PPPfffffttttt!!!!!!!  Whatever man.....I've been here since the early to mid 80's......have a good one.

a rather childish reply ..this is a good team..yet not yet a  very good team that will go somewhere in theplayoffs

yet..if you feel that what happenedi n tampa bay ..in a worthless preseason exhibition indicates that this team is as bad as those you suffered through..then my friend you dont know football..in the least Confused
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 05:42 PM)xavierdude Wrote: a rather childish reply ..this is a good team..yet not yet a  very good team that will go somewhere in theplayoffs

yet..if you feel that what happenedi n tampa bay ..in a worthless preseason exhibition indicates that this team is as bad as those you suffered through..then my friend you dont know football..in the least Confused

Yep......cause that's exactly what I said.....you're right, I'm totally clueless.....please forgive my total ignorance as I bow out from this conversation with such an esteemed purveyor of all nuances of the game.....my apologies.  Good day.....

Reply/Quote

Theoretically, you are correct.

However, the Bengals let the "foot up your ass" guy leave to become HC of his own team.  We got left with the "good cop" running the defense..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 05:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep......cause that's exactly what I said.....you're right, I'm totally clueless.....please forgive my total ignorance as I bow out from this conversation with such an esteemed purveyor of all nuances of the game.....my apologies.  Good day.....

you are clueless if you compare this team and this franchise to that which you suffered through in the  late  :heart: 80s and 90s
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 10:10 AM)djs7685 Wrote: You think receivers being open or not is due to offensive scheming?

lolwat

I'm not a Hue fan, but this is just a very illogical point to try to be making.

You don't see receivers being schemed open?  Seriously?  That is why scheming exists, to use deception to create hesitation in the defense and thereby opportunity for the offense.  It's a big part of the very essence of coaching, to make the players' jobs easier. 

You never heard the phrase putting players in a position to succeed?  This is what that phrase means.

That and teaching are the two biggest jobs a coordinator has.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 06:18 PM)McC Wrote: You don't see receivers being schemed open?  Seriously?  That is why scheming exists, to use deception to create hesitation in the defense and thereby opportunity for the offense.  It's a big part of the very essence of coaching, to make the players' jobs easier. 

You never heard the phrase putting players in a position to succeed?  This is what that phrase means.

That and teaching are the two biggest jobs a coordinator has.

yeah but in the preseason you often line up a guy and just see if he can beat his man one on one without any scheming.
Reply/Quote