Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone down for some Saquon Barkley?
(01-20-2024, 02:46 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't see us signing Barkley or Henry. I'm not sure why these betting sites always think we're going after either one of them. I see the Bengals going after a RB in free agency, but it's definitely not going to be a sexy name. I could see the Bengals going after CEH from KC and reunite him with Burrow. 

The James Rapien CEH scenario.... I hope we do not.  Our issue is lack of explosive runs, we cant do this with one of the slowest RBs in the league.  A 1st round draft pick that was beaten out immediately...  James loves slow RBs, first it was CEH, now it is Devin Singletary (the lowest RAS for a RB with his # of carries). 

Dont mean to run roughshod over your idea Bengal Dude, I would rather see a D'Andre Swift type that can run in side the numbers but also be a threat to break one. 

Reply/Quote
Sign me up for an Isiah Pacheco type.

IMHO - We need shifty SPEED with instant acceleration to hit holes, get to the edge and turn it up field, and the ability to break ankles.
Reply/Quote
I do think Barkley would be an upgrade. But as others have pointed out not sure it's realistic with the holes we have and what he will want moneywise. I'm curious on a guy like Henry if he'll be willing to take a little less if his market isn't high and a chance on a perceived higher chance at a championship. I thought last year with Zeke that outside of his pass blocking he doesn't give enough of a difference from Mixon. But then I thought we could have 2 backs that we could lean on and win ugly if we needed to. Could be similar with Henry and he still has some of that homerun speed.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 10:30 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I do think Barkley would be an upgrade. But as others have pointed out not sure it's realistic with the holes we have and what he will want moneywise. I'm curious on a guy like Henry if he'll be willing to take a little less if his market isn't high and a chance on a perceived higher chance at a championship. I thought last year with Zeke that outside of his pass blocking he doesn't give enough of a difference from Mixon. But then I thought we could have 2 backs that we could lean on and win ugly if we needed to. Could be similar with Henry and he still has some of that homerun speed.

The market for older RBs is depressed. We could most likely get Henry for less than we'd save by releasing Mixon.

If we want to go younger JK Dobbins is damaged goods that could be brought in at a discount. Maybe he could be our reverse Trae Waynes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hard pass

Need fatties, Tee, & a dynamic TE

Draft more RBs. Pay the above
Reply/Quote
Let me think hurt often, production down in rushing and receptions. will command more $$ than Mixon, NO WAY
Reply/Quote
After watching the Lions tear up the Rams defense with RB's who made good catches out of the backfield and made lots of guys miss, that's what I want.

We don't run the ball, anyway. So get some RB's who can catch passes and juke guys out of their shoes.

The last thing we need is some overpriced workhorse who won't get the touches he needs in the run game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
As hard as it is to believe, Mixon had a better season than Barkley last year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If we are gonna pay a lot for a RB in FA (and I think we have bigger fish to fry), it is Henry for me or not at all.

Otherwise, Mixon + Brown + Tray eon + Evans/mid round pick is fine.

Tee and the trenches (OL/DT/NT) have to come first.

If that is sorted & we still have some cash to spend, then Henry
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 10:01 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’d be down for sure. Still need another back because he’s only gonna play like 9 games. But he’s exactly the type of player we need to make a chance on.

How can we improve over last 3 years if we make lateral moves? Barkley is an upgrade over Mixon and Brown.

(01-19-2024, 10:11 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not convinced he’s that guy. He has nearly 1500 touches in his career with a major knee injury and history of ankle issues. I only caught a couple of his games last season but he struggled making guys miss and generating yardage for himself which is the same issue Mixon has.

A quick check on PFF at their elusiveness stat, Mixon is near the very bottom of the league and Barkley is only barely above him so the data at least backs up that initial thought.

I’d have to sit down and watch more games of his to get a better feel but I’m not hot on him, especially at $11M. He’s a big name but I’m not convinced he’s still a big talent.

Not that I would be opposed, but we might have a RB comparable to the current SB already on the roster in Chase Brown. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 11:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I feel like there's way bigger holes we can fill in FA. I think if we got had a better OL Mixon would play way better anyway.

No doubt. A DT ( probably through FA) and a RT. I’ve said I think they take a FA DT. Draft a RT first round. Then take a RB or TE in round 2 depending on best player available.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I think options that would be much more realistic for the Bengals as FA backs are guys like Antonio Gibson, Zack Moss or maybe Gus Edwards.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 02:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think options that would be much more realistic for the Bengals as FA backs are guys like Antonio Gibson, Zack Moss or maybe Gus Edwards.
Antonio Gibson is interesting. His first couple seasons, he was a really good young RB. I wonder what made Washington sort of go away from using him this past season? If he still has that dog in him, he would be a really nice get for the RB room. What's his injury history like? Pass pro? We need a guy who can do all the little things required of the position.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 02:59 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Antonio Gibson is interesting. His first couple seasons, he was a really good young RB. I wonder what made Washington sort of go away from using him this past season? If he still has that dog in him, he would be a really nice get for the RB room. What's his injury history like? Pass pro? We need a guy who can do all the little things required of the position.

His opportunities in the running gave have declined since they drafted Brian Robinson, becoming more of a 3rd down back.

Gibson still contributed in the pass game with 48 catches. He's solid in pass protection...with 75.1 and 71.9 grades over the last 2 years.

He has good size at 6'2 -220, decent quickness and has been pretty durable. I think he'd be a nice pairing with Brown and wouldn't cost much either.
Reply/Quote
No.

Oft injured
Wil look for big money
Questionable heart

Pass
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 03:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: His opportunities in the running gave have declined since they drafted Brian Robinson, becoming more of a 3rd down back.

Gibson still contributed in the pass game with 48 catches. He's solid in pass protection...with 75.1 and 71.9 grades over the last 2 years.

He has good size at 6'2 -220, decent quickness and has been pretty durable. I think he'd be a nice pairing with Brown and wouldn't cost much either.
Sounds like a guy worthy of going after, in my opinion. Fits exactly what we need in a RB, well rounded in all aspects of what's required to play the position. I'd cut Mixon in a heartbeat if we got this guy to pair with Chase Brown. Brown needs to work on his pass pro before I feature him as anything more than a spellback. Antonio Gibson could look real good in stripes!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 03:26 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Sounds like a guy worthy of going after, in my opinion. Fits exactly what we need in a RB, well rounded in all aspects of what's required to play the position. I'd cut Mixon in a heartbeat if we got this guy to pair with Chase Brown. Brown needs to work on his pass pro before I feature him as anything more than a spellback. Antonio Gibson could look real good in stripes!

Yep, Gibson would be my top choice right now. I think he would benefit from a fresh start and he makes a lot of since for this offense, IMO.
Reply/Quote
no

stop being blinded by name value. extremely overrated due to playing for NY

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Hard pass for me, I would look into drafting a RB in the 4th rd this year. good spot to land a young guy to add life to our running game:

1) Blake Corum- Michigan
2) Will Shipley- Clemson
3) Braelon Allen- Wisconsin
4) Bucky Irving- Oregon
5) Audric Estime- ND

-all of these guys would allow us to run the ball more effectively and deepen the stable and maybe allow us better 3rd down options
Reply/Quote
We have the money and could sign Tee and be over the cap

We need a back that can make something out of nothing

It makes sense
-Housh
Reply/Quote