Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone down for some Saquon Barkley?
(01-25-2024, 10:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: McCaffrey was averaging 4.6 yards per carry both that year and in his career, was previously an All-Pro, and was the best pass catching RB in the league averaging >850 receiving yards per 17 games at 8.5 yards per catch, when he was traded.

Barkley is coming off a 3.9 yard per carry season, is at 4.3 yards per carry in his career, has never been an All-Pro, is a mediocre pass catcher with a high drop rate.

Different calibers of players, not even close to a same type of move.

I agree. I have no interest in Barkley. McCaffrey was a completely different story. No reason to say no to the Panthers if he was offered.
Reply/Quote
Like anything, my approval for this would depend on the contract numbers. The idea is fine, but if its a lot of $$$ then I feel it's a lot of $$$ in a position you don't typically spend a lot of $$$ in the current NFL. We definitely need to do something with our run game though, it just doesn't do enough and hasn't for far too long.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 02:10 PM)Bambam Wrote: I agree.  I have no interest  in Barkley.  McCaffrey was a completely different story.  No reason to say no to the Panthers if he was offered.

Yup, McCaffrey was the one guy out of all those big RB extensions that happened that I thought had a chance to not be regretted because even if he lost a step as a rusher, he still had being a 1k possession WR in his back pocket, so he wouldn't just be a huge deadweight when he inevitably becomes less effective as a rusher as almost all RBs do.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 02:59 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Antonio Gibson is interesting. His first couple seasons, he was a really good young RB. I wonder what made Washington sort of go away from using him this past season? If he still has that dog in him, he would be a really nice get for the RB room. What's his injury history like? Pass pro? We need a guy who can do all the little things required of the position.

I am reading through the thread if if answered my apologies.

Gibson lost his job due to fumbling, then lost it to Robinson.

To me, he is 2 million dollar type RB to replace Evans, not Mixon or Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 04:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Whatever we do let's give Chase Brown more than 50% o da carries

Is Chase getting 50% of carries more due to being hurt and missing games or because Mixon is a work horse and plays through injury better than most RB's.

I see a lot of issues on the defensive side of the ball that must be addressed starting with DT than RB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 04:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am reading through the thread if if answered my apologies.

Gibson lost his job due to fumbling, then lost it to Robinson.

To me, he is 2 million dollar type RB to replace Evans, not Mixon or Brown.

An Evans replacement would be someone who almost never sees the field. That's not Gibson.

At worst, Gibson is a 3rd down back / part of a RB by committee...who also catches the ball very well and holds his own in pass pro. 

He's a talented back with potential, but he does need to clean up the fumbling issue. For what his price tag should be, he's definitely worth adding.
Reply/Quote
I don't way to pay for a RB period so pass.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 05:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is Chase getting 50% of carries more due to being hurt and missing games or because Mixon is a work horse and plays through injury better than most RB's.

I see a lot of issues on the defensive side of the ball that must be addressed starting with DT than RB.

Mixon plays worse through non injury than most RB's.

I'm saying Chase Brown should be #1 and bring Mixon off the bench, Mixon is not explosive enough anymore.

I agree, we need way more help on D.
Reply/Quote