Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone down for some Saquon Barkley?
(01-20-2024, 03:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: His opportunities in the running gave have declined since they drafted Brian Robinson, becoming more of a 3rd down back.

Gibson still contributed in the pass game with 48 catches. He's solid in pass protection...with 75.1 and 71.9 grades over the last 2 years.

He has good size at 6'2 -220, decent quickness and has been pretty durable. I think he'd be a nice pairing with Brown and wouldn't cost much either.

This I didn't know. I thought I seen somewhere mentioned he wasn't good in protection but I've probabaly only seen him play 3 or 4 times since he's been in the league.

If the Bengals do move on from Joe Mixon they probably should add a couple more RBs because we have been spoiled by Mixon's durability which isn't common for that position.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 04:37 PM)Synric Wrote: This I didn't know. I thought I seen somewhere mentioned he wasn't good in protection but I've probabaly only seen him play 3 or 4 times since he's been in the league.

If the Bengals do move on from Joe Mixon they probably should add a couple more RBs because we have been spoiled by Mixon's durability which isn't common for that position.

He struggled in pass pro his first couple of years, but really turned it around the last 2 years...ranking 5th best among backs with 50 or more pass blocks this season (he had 72 pass blocks).

A lot of Washington fans weren't happy with Rivera pushing Gibson to the back burner in favor of Robinson.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 04:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He struggled in pass pro his first couple of years, but really turned it around the last 2 years...ranking 5th best among backs with 50 or more pass blocks this season (he had 72 pass blocks).

Sign me up for Gibson and Fant. They needed a third down back this season badly. I'm surprised it took until the Vikings game for a team to take advange of Sample in the backfield. Watching them drop 7 then 9 twice on 3rd and short was almost funny.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 10:58 PM)J24 Wrote: If we had a better OL I would consider it but we don't. So I'm not sure how Barkley would do here.

Better OL means Mixon would be better, so no need for Barkley.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 04:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Sign me up for Gibson and Fant.

We're on the same track brother.

If they can sign Fant and Gibson for say a combined 10m cap hit this year, then once you release Mixon, the actual net hit is only about 4m. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 04:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: We're on the same track brother.

If they can sign Fant and Gibson for say a combined 10m cap hit this year, then once you release Mixon, the actual net hit is only about 4m. 

You can just see Noah Fant blowing up in Cincy just like Evan Engram did for the Jaguars. Hopefully with how rhe Bengals have been unsuccessful targeting a TE in the last couple drafts and then in Free Agency last year they will be a little more aggressive at that position in Free Agency this year. 

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 05:20 PM)Synric Wrote: You can just see Noah Fant blowing up in Cincy just like Evan Engram did for the Jaguars. Hopefully with how rhe Bengals have been unsuccessful targeting a TE in the last couple drafts and then in Free Agency last year they will be a little more aggressive at that position in Free Agency this year. 

Agreed. This is the year to finally make an aggressive move at TE in free agency, especially since the draft class drops off a cliff after Bowers.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 05:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Agreed. This is the year to finally make an aggressive move at TE in free agency, especially since the draft class drops off a cliff after Bowers.

and then draft for the trenches and DB.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 04:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: no

stop being blinded by name value. extremely overrated due to playing for NY

Who are you talking to?

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 02:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think options that would be much more realistic for the Bengals as FA backs are guys like Antonio Gibson, Zack Moss or maybe Gus Edwards.
I wouldn't mind Gus Edwards. He could be our answer to the 3rd and 1 problems we seem to have converting. Every time I saw him, he was dragging our defenders or just flattening them.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 03:02 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The James Rapien CEH scenario.... I hope we do not.  Our issue is lack of explosive runs, we cant do this with one of the slowest RBs in the league.  A 1st round draft pick that was beaten out immediately...  James loves slow RBs, first it was CEH, now it is Devin Singletary (the lowest RAS for a RB with his # of carries). 

Dont mean to run roughshod over your idea Bengal Dude, I would rather see a D'Andre Swift type that can run in side the numbers but also be a threat to break one. 

Dehner was the first one mentioning CEH entering the season. There were rumors and speculation that CEH would be cut after training camp and that's when Dehner brought it up. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: King Heney is at the same point in his career when he went to NE.

Gimme the King for about 2 years

This is also an excellent idea. The question is this: Who fits better into the Bengals’ offense? Derrick Henry or Saquon Barkley? I have long been a fan of both of these outstanding running backs.

The Bengals primarily feature a passing offense, as they should given the weapons they have, but the run game needs to be much better especially in December and January. Derrick Henry is extremely hard to stop at the goal line. I like Joe Mixon but occasionally he gets stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 10:21 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is also an excellent idea. The question is this: Who fits better into the Bengals’ offense?  Derrick Henry or Saquon Barkley?  I have long been a fan of both of these outstanding running backs.

The Bengals primarily feature a passing offense, as they should given the weapons they have, but the run game needs to be much better especially in December and January.  Derrick Henry is extremely hard to stop at the goal line.  I like Joe Mixon but occasionally he gets stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey.

I think Henry does much better from under center, Im not sure our offensive would be great for him.  Barkley is likely going to ask for too much and he had a down year, his age and past ACL are very questionable.

Reply/Quote
Id much rather take the upside chance with Barkley than knowing what Mixon will bring (even if Oline run blocks better).
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:36 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Id much rather take the upside chance with Barkley than knowing what Mixon will bring (even if Oline run blocks better).

Barkley has a ton of miles on the tires, for no longer than he's been a pro.  He's played on some really shit Giants teams and been expected to be the hero.  I think that he's much too big of a risk to be throwing big money at, at this point in his career.  The Bengals could get much better value in FA, or even the draft for that matter.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think I'm more interested in drafting the Allen kid from Wisconsin.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Whatever we do let's give Chase Brown more than 50% o da carries
Reply/Quote
Love me some Barkley. I would be down with it, but it’s not really a pressing need. But if they are going to approach FA/Draft with as many established FA’s as possible so we can focus on other areas in the draft great. We have a shit ton of FA’s this year that I think needs to be addressed first.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Barkley has a ton of miles on the tires, for no longer than he's been a pro.  He's played on some really shit Giants teams and been expected to be the hero.  I think that he's much too big of a risk to be throwing big money at, at this point in his career.  The Bengals could get much better value in FA, or even the draft for that matter.

He could be our version of the Patriots Corey Dillion after leaving here. Dillon had a lot of miles as well and went to a better team to have his career-best year, while winning the Super Bowl.

As I said, I think the risk reward is worth it (if they can't find a stud in the draft or elsewhere). What I do know is that Mixon just 'ain't' it anymore unless he would agree to be the #2 back.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 10:58 AM)Millhouse Wrote: He could be our version of the Patriots Corey Dillion after leaving here. Dillon had a lot of miles as well and went to a better team to have his career-best year, while winning the Super Bowl.

As I said, I think the risk reward is worth it (if they can't find a stud in the draft or elsewhere). What I do know is that Mixon just 'ain't' it anymore unless he would agree to be the #2 back.

He's still a great talent, I wouldn't dislike his presence on the team.  I guess the cost involved would likely determine my level of contentment with the move, as I see required investments in RT and NT as being far more pressing right now.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote