Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone down for some Saquon Barkley?
(01-19-2024, 10:01 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’d be down for sure. Still need another back because he’s only gonna play like 9 games. But he’s exactly the type of player we need to make a chance on.

How can we improve over last 3 years if we make lateral moves? Barkley is an upgrade over Mixon and Brown.

would be a MCcaffrey type of move and he is more likeable IMO
What would this cost and whatabout Mixon?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 01:43 AM)Synric Wrote: I mean Saquan Barkley is one name but the Free Agent running back market... lol

A few more veteran names. Austin Ekler, Zack Moss, Gus Edwards.

Edit: Damien Harris is also a guy to watch but his neck injury from this season makes him alot more iffy.

if im not mistaken, AJ Dillon is a FA...
I think he fits perfectly as a AFCN bruiser
6-0, 250 #
running over Watt...I like that thought
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 11:25 AM)kalibengal Wrote: if im not mistaken, AJ Dillon is a FA...
I think he fits perfectly as a AFCN bruiser
6-0, 250 #
running over Watt...I like that thought

AJ Dillon is trash

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 11:44 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: AJ Dillon is trash
AJ was quite effective as the bruiser in a one-two punch w Aaron Jones at one point. I wonder if the Packers' shift to Jordan Love and wanting more speed options had anything to do with his low snap counts this year. Or was he hurt? If I was looking to get Chase Brown more involved in 2024, having a guy like AJ Dillon in a RBBC would be a good thing, in my opinion. He's still only 25 years old and probably wouldn't cost much.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:45 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: AJ was quite effective as the bruiser in a one-two punch w Aaron Jones at one point. I wonder if the Packers' shift to Jordan Love and wanting more speed options had anything to do with his low snap counts this year. Or was he hurt? If I was looking to get Chase Brown more involved in 2024, having a guy like AJ Dillon in a RBBC would be a good thing, in my opinion. He's still only 25 years old and probably wouldn't cost much.

AJ Dillon only averaged 3.4 yds/carry this year, and that was with an anomaly game against the Steelers where he averaged 7.8/carry.  I saw him in that game, and a few times in other seasons, and thought that he would be a good option.  After looking at him a little more closely, I've changed my opinion.  He would be a good goal line/short yardage option, but other than maybe catching a few passes, that would be about it. He did grade out as the 11th best pass blocking back and 3rd best run blocking back, so maybe use him like a FB?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 01:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: AJ Dillon only averaged 3.4 yds/carry this year, and that was with an anomaly game against the Steelers where he averaged 7.8/carry.  I saw him in that game, and a few times in other seasons, and thought that he would be a good option.  After looking at him a little more closely, I've changed my opinion.  He would be a good goal line/short yardage option, but other than maybe catching a few passes, that would be about it. He did grade out as the 11th best pass blocking back and 3rd best run blocking back, so maybe use him like a FB?
Yuck, that's pretty bad. But then again, weren't the Packers using a different back to spell Jones? Another speed back who's name eludes me at the moment. I know Jones spent some time out this year but didn't see enough of their games to tell you who got the majority of the snaps in his absence. Just trying to maybe put some context on the decreased numbers because for the past few years, even through their WR youth struggles, GB always had a great running game behind mainly Jones and Dillon.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 01:11 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Yuck, that's pretty bad. But then again, weren't the Packers using a different back to spell Jones? Another speed back who's name eludes me at the moment. I know Jones spent some time out this year but didn't see enough of their games to tell you who got the majority of the snaps in his absence. Just trying to maybe put some context on the decreased numbers because for the past few years, even through their WR youth struggles, GB always had a great running game behind mainly Jones and Dillon.

I don't think so, no. A.J. Dillon actually led the Pack in carries this season with 178. You might be thinking of Patrick Taylor or Jayden Reed but those guys only had 32 & 11 carries, respectively. 
Reply/Quote
As much as we like to throw Ekeler might be most productive bang for your buck decent at blitz pickup some durability concerns him with Chase Brown + Rookie might work.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 07:00 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: As much as we like to throw Ekeler might be most productive bang for your buck decent at blitz pickup some durability concerns him with Chase Brown + Rookie might work.

Eckler's attitude and this year's performance had Bolts fans wanting him gone on Twitter...?

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 09:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Gotta love the offseason before free agency.

Most posters will say no way. I suggested trading for McCaffrey and they replied he was washed up and didn’t move the needle. Now San Fran is about to win a superbowl with him.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 10:58 AM)Millhouse Wrote: He could be our version of the Patriots Corey Dillion after leaving here. Dillon had a lot of miles as well and went to a better team to have his career-best year, while winning the Super Bowl.

As I said, I think the risk reward is worth it (if they can't find a stud in the draft or elsewhere). What I do know is that Mixon just 'ain't' it anymore unless he would agree to be the #2 back.

I don't think demoting Mixon would be the right call. I know Zac maintains a strong locker room, but I could see some division if we just flat out demoted Mixon. Luckily, we'll find out early on if the team plans on keeping him this year. We won't repeat last offseason's constant speculation.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 02:29 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't think demoting Mixon would be the right call. I know Zac maintains a strong locker room, but I could see some division if we just flat out demoted Mixon. Luckily, we'll find out early on if the team plans on keeping him this year. We won't repeat last offseason's constant speculation.

Yeah true, in which case I would release him. It would be a 2.75 dead cap hit if they did, but if they keep him a 8.85 cap hit on this last year of contract. With a new coordinator, time to reboot the rb group except for Chase Brown. Everyone else can go except maybe Williams for special teams.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/joe-mixon-21789/
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 11:20 PM)Bambam Wrote: Most posters will say no way. I suggested trading for McCaffrey and they replied he was washed up and didn’t move the needle.  Now San Fran is about to win a superbowl with him.

I dont remember too many people saying McCaffrey wasnt good.  I think the issue people had with McCaffrey was his health.  When healthy, he is awesome.  Fortunately for San Francisco he has been fairly healthy these past two years.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 01:53 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont remember too many people saying McCaffrey wasnt good.  I think the issue people had with McCaffrey was his health.  When healthy, he is awesome.  Fortunately for San Francisco he has been fairly healthy these past two years.

Most said he didn’t move the needle which was crazy. San Fran got him on the cheap. I would love to have CMC even before we knew what he has done over the last two years. He is the most dynamic back in the league and it’s not close.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 10:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wouldn’t mind drafting a RB to replace Trayveon.

But I’m totally fine having Mixon, Brown, and Evans back for 2024.

With Mixon and Brown going to more of an even snap split. Brown looked like a guy we definitely need to get the ball to more.

Mixon is still only 27. Doesn’t fumble. And knows how to stay healthy through the rigors of being an NFL lead back. And should continue climbing up the ranks of all time Bengal running backs in 2024.

Saquon will likely be one of the top paid RBs in the league after free agency. Meanwhile Mixon took a pay cut last year to compete for championships here. I’m sticking with our guy.
Agree.

(01-19-2024, 10:58 PM)J24 Wrote: If we had a better OL I would consider it but we don't. So I'm not sure how Barkley would do here.
Agree.

(01-19-2024, 11:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I feel like there's way bigger holes we can fill in FA. I think if we got had a better OL Mixon would play way better anyway.
And...agree.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 11:21 AM)kalibengal Wrote: would be a MCcaffrey type of move and he is more likeable IMO
What would this cost and whatabout Mixon?

McCaffrey was averaging 4.6 yards per carry both that year and in his career, was previously an All-Pro, and was the best pass catching RB in the league averaging >850 receiving yards per 17 games at 8.5 yards per catch, when he was traded.

Barkley is coming off a 3.9 yard per carry season, is at 4.3 yards per carry in his career, has never been an All-Pro, is a mediocre pass catcher with a high drop rate.

Different calibers of players, not even close to a same type of move.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
For vet minimum sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I believe Mixon will be wearing stripes next season, he isn't going anywhere. I also think Brown's carries will increase also.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 11:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I believe Mixon will be wearing stripes next season, he isn't going anywhere. I also think Brown's carries will increase also.

I thought Mixon was gone last offseason and now multiple reporters believe Mixon will be cut again this offseason. The plus this year is we know when he's supposed to receive his roster bonus, so we'll get a definitive answer this year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It’s beyond time to move on from Mixon.

Reply/Quote