Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Anyone else feel just "meh" about the game, today?
(12-20-2021, 03:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: After surviving the 90s, the playoff meltdown started my path toward apathy after the staff was retained. I drifted further and further into just not giving a shit. I rarely even raise my voice when watching a game (except for Stooler beatdowns) be it a good or bad play. I watch for entertainment value, and for the most part this season, I've been thoroughly entertained, win or lose. I figure that's a win for me. 

Man.... You could literally be describing ME.
Also, there's nothing wrong with feeling "meh" about a game, as we're not required to be "amped up" when the team hasn't given us any reason to be.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:54 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I really don't know what to say to this.  Apparently you call yourself a fan, but you might not watch the game?

There was a dude in the GameDay thread that actually suggested we turn the game off even thought the Bengals at the time had the lead 15-10 with the implication that he didn't think we should watch the Bengals lose yet another game. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:01 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Duke! Haha.

No, I agree. It's silly to fault Zac and diminish his wins just because he has talented players. A coach still needs to foster professional growth from players and manage the talent. If you browse some of the threads within the past year, some posters will rip Zac because he was able to have free agent signings where Marvin didn't have the benefit. It shouldn't be viewed as a knock on Zac, but rather a positive.

Exactly, and, after years of bashing Tobin for not knowing how to draft, now he gets the credit for bringing in captains and Collegiate champions? That's all Zac.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:02 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Man.... You could literally be describing ME.
Also, there's nothing wrong with feeling "meh" about a game, as we're not required to be "amped up" when the team hasn't given us any reason to be.

Every week Joe Burrow takes the field is reason to be excited. Look at it this way, when the season ends, how much will you miss seeing that on Sunday? 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Every week Joe Burrow takes the field is reason to be excited....

Is it... REALLY, though?

Look, I love JB and want him to succeed as much as anyone, and he's certainly an above average QB, but let's not pretend he's
Ben Roethelisberger coming off the bench and winning 14 in a row (or whatever it was) in 2004.

While I WANT them to be GREAT... the Bengals are undeniably just a slightly above AVERAGE team, right now.

I'm not hating on them... I'm just saying my "meh" is justified.  I'm along for the ride... I'm just not screaming with excitement.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:37 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Is it... REALLY, though?

Look, I love JB and want him to succeed as much as anyone, and he's certainly an above average QB, but let's not pretend he's
Ben Roethelisberger coming off the bench and winning 14 in a row (or whatever it was) in 2004.

While I WANT them to be GREAT... the Bengals are undeniably just a slightly above AVERAGE team, right now.

I'm not hating on them... I'm just saying my "meh" is justified.  I'm along for the ride... I'm just not screaming with excitement.

I agree in a way, I think we are a year or two away from being a really good team as we are just too inconsistent right now.

BUT with a young team like this all it takes is getting into the playoffs. Then your not sure if your getting the team that played the Ravens and Steelers or the team that played the Browns and 49ers. We get hot at the right time and the team that played the Steelers and Ravens show up and we can go on a run in the playoffs.

Although if we get the other team then we get blown out on national television.

Just never know which team shows up, but I would still like to see us have a chance to find out which one would show up in the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:47 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Just never know which team shows up, but I would still like to see us have a chance to find out which one would show up in the playoffs.

That seems fair enough... hard to disagree.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:02 AM)PhilHos Wrote: There was a dude in the GameDay thread that actually suggested we turn the game off even thought the Bengals at the time had the lead 15-10 with the implication that he didn't think we should watch the Bengals lose yet another game. 

There was another dude in the GameDay thread that actually though we had a bat's chance in hell when we were down 24-0 in a prior game.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:54 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: There was another dude in the GameDay thread that actually though we had a bat's chance in hell when we were down 24-0 in a prior game.

Yea that dude was still better than the guy who was happy to see us lose the game just so he could say "I told you so" after whining the entire gameday thread.
Reply/Quote
Just a quick PSA. The gameday threads have been closed after the games, in an effort to keep that content where it belongs, in the place and time of the emotional roller coaster that is the game watching experience. I'm sincerely asking all of you to refrain from commenting about, and or calling people out for what they said or did in the gameday threads.

*Also, reporting a post as inappropriate and then going on to not only reply to the said post not once, but twice is likely to be considered engaging in the sort of behavior that one was just reporting on. Just sayin' Facepalm

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Eh, it's your all's house to run the way you see fit, but to me personally some of the crap that is said in the GD thread, posters need to be called out on. But that's just my take, which along with a quarter would get you .25 cents. Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:37 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Is it... REALLY, though?

So true, but this opinion is going to be met with a lot of resistance around here. 

I have no issue with the people who are 100% all in and have a face covered in orange Kool-aid. That also means I have no issue with people like yourself, Wyche and myself who are in the camp of "Happy they are winning but not buying Super Bowl tickets yet." Doesn't make one side right or one side more of a fan, just means one side is not willing to get burned again without some proof that it is real.

(12-20-2021, 02:59 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea that dude was still better than the guy who was happy to see us lose the game just so he could say "I told you so" after whining the entire gameday thread.

Truth.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:37 PM)Tomkat Wrote:
Is it... REALLY, though?

Yeah, it really is. Burrow is an elite QB in the making, who will be our franchise QB for a long time. If you can't get excited watching play and grow with each game, then I don't know what to tell you. I guess there is probably a rerun showing Bob Ross painting a mountain ...
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:02 AM)PhilHos Wrote: There was a dude in the GameDay thread that actually suggested we turn the game off even thought the Bengals at the time had the lead 15-10 with the implication that he didn't think we should watch the Bengals lose yet another game. 

In all fairness, a lot of us have seen the worst over the years and expect it.. It's a hard to change..
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, it really is. Burrow is an elite QB in the making, who will be our franchise QB for a long time. If you can't get excited watching play and grow with each game, then I don't know what to tell you. I guess there is probably a rerun showing Bob Ross painting a mountain ...

He actually has a YouTube channel,. I watch it every night at bedtime. I think his son runs it..
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just a quick PSA.  The gameday threads have been closed after the games, in an effort to keep that content where it belongs, in the place and time of the emotional roller coaster that is the game watching experience.  I'm sincerely asking all of you to refrain from commenting about, and or calling people out for what they said or did in the gameday threads.

*Also, reporting a post as inappropriate and then going on to not only reply to the said post not once, but twice is likely to be considered engaging in the sort of behavior that one was just reporting on.  Just sayin' Facepalm

Thank you! I love the GameDay thread, and the back and forth is what makes it great. Not everyone is gonna feel the same. NFL football is an emotional Rollercoaster. That's what make it great!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: ...Burrow is an elite QB in the making...

I wish I could agree with you, on this.  He looks really good, so far, but I don't see anything "elite" about him.

He's not an ELITE runner like Lamar Jackson.
He doesn't have a cannon "elite" arm like say... Justin Herbert.
He MIGHT have an "elite" football mind, like Tom Brady, but then he throws on average about 1 stupid INT per week.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: *Also, reporting a post as inappropriate and then going on to not only reply to the said post not once, but twice is likely to be considered engaging in the sort of behavior that one was just reporting on.  Just sayin' Facepalm

At least my replies were "nicer" and not personal attacks.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 04:26 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I wish I could agree with you, on this.  He looks really good, so far, but I don't see anything "elite" about him.

He's not an ELITE runner like Lamar Jackson.
He doesn't have a cannon "elite" arm like say... Justin Herbert.
He MIGHT have an "elite" football mind, like Tom Brady, but then he throws on average about 1 stupid INT per week.

Who's the highest rated QB in the league this week?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 04:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who's the highest rated QB in the league this week?

Ratings mean zilch without wins...
The Bengals are 8-6, which is all that matters.
Reply/Quote