Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Anyone else feel just "meh" about the game, today?
(12-19-2021, 10:25 PM)BengalRed Wrote: This ^^^^

The Bengals were 6-25-1 entering this season. They've played one of the toughest schedules in the league and now stand 8-6 and in first place. Yes there are a few games they should have won but if anyone can't appreciate the advancements they've made this year and not be excited about the future then I don't know what to tell ya.

A sweep over the stoolers was my first awesome moment. Beating the rat birds in their house was my second. Now, being on top of AFCN? I doubt anyone would have thought we would have accomplished any of this in the beginning of the season. We are having a decent year and I’m not sure why it’s so tough for people to accept?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:54 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I really don't know what to say to this.  Apparently you call yourself a fan, but you might not watch the game?

If you can't enjoy this FIRST PLACE CINCINNATI BENGALS team, you should give me and others a break and not post about it.

I agree. I feel like people would rather Zak/Bengals fail so they can say they were right about getting rid of him.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A sweep over the stoolers was my first awesome moment. Beating the rat birds in their house was my second. Now, being on top of AFCN? I doubt anyone would have thought we would have accomplished any of this in the beginning of the season. We are having a decent year and I’m not sure why it’s so tough for people to accept?

I think people want to see them fail to get them to replace Taylor
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:20 PM)sloSTI Wrote: I think people want to see them fail to get them to replace Taylor

The team is growing together, including the coach.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:18 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I agree. I feel like people would rather Zak/Bengals fail so they can say they were right about getting rid of him.

But you can't even spell the coach's name right, so what's that say about you.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A sweep over the stoolers was my first awesome moment. Beating the rat birds in their house was my second. Now, being on top of AFCN? I doubt anyone would have thought we would have accomplished any of this in the beginning of the season. We are having a decent year and I’m not sure why it’s so tough for people to accept?

I think it is just the up and down way the team has played this season. 

It feels like one week they could play with anyone and the next they can't get out of their own way. 

Basically, the history of this franchise has people kind of holding their breath waiting to see how it ends up. The hoping for the best but being prepared for the worst mindset.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: ...Basically, the history of this franchise has people kind of holding their breath waiting to see how it ends up. The hoping for the best but being prepared for the worst mindset.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^

I ALWAYS hope for the best... but I'm not going to set myself up to get my heart ripped out again.
Reply/Quote
I'm not meet about winning at Denver. Not as enthusiastic as i was after the Ravens, but really glad for the Dub at a tough house.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Browns win and we sit 8th! ?‍♂️
Reply/Quote
Winning creates something called momentum and it’s not just about what goes into n tge field.

Even a first round exit in tge play offs, free agents take notice. Bengals turned this around in 3 years with a QB like Burrow all of a sudden higher quality free agents come here, contract negotiations get a little easier, maybe players take a smaller contract to stay or play. Rookies start to believe you don’t come here to ruin your career or move on in 4 years to a much better football team.

Establish a history of winning and you bring up Bengal greats of old, you get more fan analysts (when Pittsburgh got swept).

Start winning right now, all the bad goes away and become stories.

You want this team in the play offs. As faulty and sporadic as this team has been this year, it has learned to beat good teams even with serious faults. It would be a luxury, but it’s important to win NOW.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:45 PM)Tomkat Wrote: THIS ^^^^^^^^^

I ALWAYS hope for the best... but I'm not going to set myself up to get my heart ripped out again.

Exactly.

Too many years of watching this team find new and improved ways to crush their fans has led to this point. I want them to win, I'll cheer, I'll watch and follow the team but getting my self excited to the point of "we might make the playoffs." Eh, not there yet. Happy they won, hope they keep winning, but there is that long long history to overcome.

Reply/Quote

I know I didn't expect it. If people would be honest, I think only Sled and maybe one or two others can say they did. People want the coaching staff gone, so now they're afraid we'll have a winning season and their precious message board rep is at stake. LMAO

(12-19-2021, 11:18 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I agree. I feel like people would rather Zak/Bengals fail so they can say they were right about getting rid of him.

Oh, I KNOW that's the reason. I had someone just tell me in another thread that this season is NOTHING but a disappointment. We're in first place FFS!!!!! God, how can some be so negative all the time? Hell, ask anyone that's been around, I've shit on Mike Brown for YEARS. Griped about the oline, got fed up for keeping Marvin too long, etc, etc, but I at least have enough sense to not look a gift horse in the mouth. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I've been meh about games for five years now. Makes the wins a lot better and the losses just roll off your back. However, this team is fun to watch with the exception of the Cleveland game. They're never out of it. It's just entertainment, enjoy it. If not, I'd quit watching altogether.

I DVR some games and do stuff with the family and watch later Sunday. It's why I'm rarely in the GD threads. But I still watch em.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: I've been meh about games for five years now. Makes the wins a lot better and the losses just roll off your back. However, this team is fun to watch with the exception of the Cleveland game. They're never out of it. It's just entertainment, enjoy it. If not, I'd quit watching altogether.

I DVR some games and do stuff with the family and watch later Sunday. It's why I'm rarely in the GD threads. But I still watch em.

The weeks away from there was so nice, now I'll check in casually while watching the game. You are right, the losses roll off much easier.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:39 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The weeks away from there was so nice, now I'll check in casually while watching the game. You are right, the losses roll off much easier.

Yeah, I check in from time to time, and if we're winning and I'm watching live, I join in. 

After surviving the 90s, the playoff meltdown started my path toward apathy after the staff was retained. I drifted further and further into just not giving a shit. I rarely even raise my voice when watching a game (except for Stooler beatdowns) be it a good or bad play. I watch for entertainment value, and for the most part this season, I've been thoroughly entertained, win or lose. I figure that's a win for me. 

Reply/Quote
Marvin is gone. We don’t have to dread the playoffs.

Just get in. Is someone seriously going to tell me they wouldn’t be amped as hell to see Joe Burrow quarterback the Cincinnati Bengals in the postseason?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 12:56 AM)OUatown Wrote: Browns win and we sit 8th! ?‍♂️

Nope we would be 6th. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 04:21 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote:  Is someone seriously going to tell me they wouldn’t be amped as hell to see Joe Burrow quarterback the Cincinnati Bengals in the postseason?

Not if it means success for the coaches, same as when they ragged on Dalton all the time. People get so entrenched in their opinion here, they'd sometimes rather sacrifice team success to be right.

Reply/Quote

That's EXACTLY what it is...... and the excuses for the Bengals winning are hilarious. "Well, Zac has better players" is one of them. Who do you think brought those better players here? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's EXACTLY what it is...... and the excuses for the Bengals winning are hilarious. "Well, Zac has better players" is one of them. Who do you think brought those better players here? Hilarious

Duke! Haha.

No, I agree. It's silly to fault Zac and diminish his wins just because he has talented players. A coach still needs to foster professional growth from players and manage the talent. If you browse some of the threads within the past year, some posters will rip Zac because he was able to have free agent signings where Marvin didn't have the benefit. It shouldn't be viewed as a knock on Zac, but rather a positive.
Reply/Quote