Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Anyone else feel just "meh" about the game, today?
I'm not feeling it. The offense stalls again.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 05:45 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I'm 34, our last playoff win came when I was 3.  I've never experienced a playoff win.  I'm jaded, but I still watch every game every year hoping for something different.

Guys I've figured it out and I apologize.

I was born Feb 1990, Bengals haven't won a playoff game since Jan 1990. Oh, but the coincidences don't end there. We are 0-3 in games I've attended this year so I've vowed to not go to any others. If pitchforks are raised, I'll take all the punishment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 05:14 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm optimistic about win today.. It's Teddy freaking  Bridgwater...

Ummmm, this team lost to MIKE WHITE.   You really have no business being optimistic about "Teddy freaking Bridgewater"  OR now "Drew freaking Lock"
Reply/Quote
It's a win for god sakes. The Bengals have only won three times in Denver in 50 years. Denver's defense is tough, but Joe still able to hit Tyler for the game winner. I love it!
Reply/Quote
I feel good about the win. Paired with the Ravens loss

Still not sure if they make the playoffs with all the injuries compiling
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:29 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: It's a win for god sakes. The Bengals have only won three times in Denver in 50 years. Denver's defense is tough, but Joe still able to hit Tyler for the game winner. I love it!

Agreed, if you come out of Denver with a win then it's happy time!  Who Dey Glad the Bengals won today.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 06:05 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Guys I've figured it out and I apologize.

I was born Feb 1990, Bengals haven't won a playoff game since Jan 1990. Oh, but the coincidences don't end there. We are 0-3 in games I've attended this year so I've vowed to not go to any others. If pitchforks are raised, I'll take all the punishment.

While you certainly deserve blame...at least you aren't Housh.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 06:05 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Guys I've figured it out and I apologize.

Unless you managed to magically kill Paul Brown AND sire Mike Brown it's hard to hold you responsible for all this. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:38 PM)TheFan Wrote: While you certainly deserve blame...at least you aren't Housh.  Ninja

IIRC housh disappeared for like an hour in the GD thread after his post.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 04:17 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I just don't know what to think.  Even if the Bengals WIN, and somehow make the playoffs, I just don't see them going very far.
I WANT to be optimistic, but the INCONSISTENCY they've shown just dampens it.
I'll probably watch the game (if it's available in my area) but I may not.  I may just check the score occasionally.

I really don't know what to say to this.  Apparently you call yourself a fan, but you might not watch the game?

If you can't enjoy this FIRST PLACE CINCINNATI BENGALS team, you should give me and others a break and not post about it.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:54 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I really don't know what to say to this.  Apparently you call yourself a fan, but you might not watch the game?

If you can't enjoy this FIRST PLACE CINCINNATI BENGALS team, you should give me and others a break and not post about it.

It ended up not being available in my area (central PA) so I only caught bits and pieces on NFL Redzone.  But regardless, I got work to do around here on Sundays... I can't just drop everything and plop my ass in front of a TV.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:38 PM)TheFan Wrote: While you certainly deserve blame...at least you aren't Housh.  Ninja

Can you remind me about Mixon's no fumble streak Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: It ended up not being available in my area (central PA) so I only caught bits and pieces on NFL Redzone.  But regardless, I got work to do around here on Sundays... I can't just drop everything and plop my ass in front of a TV.

Do that work on Saturday nights!! "ArE YoU NoT A reAL FaNN!!N!NNANFANFANN!!!!????"
Reply/Quote
I was pessimistic going into this game, but turned it on after halftime and started feeling better. When I think they're gonna blow it they pull it off. When I think they're gonna win it they blow it.. I think I'll remain pessimistic the rest of the season and enjoy our superbowl win after the fact..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 10:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: I was pessimistic going into this game, but turned it on after halftime and started feeling better. When I think they're gonna blow it they pull it off. When I think they're gonna win it they blow it.. I think I'll remain pessimistic the rest of the season and enjoy our superbowl win after the fact..  ThumbsUp

We should only watch the 2nd halves
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 10:02 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We should only watch the 2nd halves

It's why i have a workshop out in the garage and no TV or computer out there.. Just in case..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 08:26 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, this team lost to MIKE WHITE.   You really have no business being optimistic about "Teddy freaking Bridgewater"  OR now "Drew freaking Lock"

Told ya! Stick around kid, you will learn some stuff..
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 04:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now the doom and gloom has even started before the opening kickoff…

That’s new.

This ^^^^

The Bengals were 6-25-1 entering this season. They've played one of the toughest schedules in the league and now stand 8-6 and in first place. Yes there are a few games they should have won but if anyone can't appreciate the advancements they've made this year and not be excited about the future then I don't know what to tell ya.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 10:25 PM)BengalRed Wrote: This ^^^^

The Bengals were 6-25-1 entering this season. They've played one of the toughest schedules in the league and now stand 8-6 and in first place. Yes there are a few games they should have won but if anyone can't appreciate the advancements they've made this year and not be excited about the future then I don't know what to tell ya.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Appreciate it. Looking back at this post I realize that I should have said in the past two seasons before this season they were 6-25-1.
Reply/Quote