Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone feel like we won't see another Super bowl anytime soon?
You need a lot of things to go your way to even make a SB, last night was honestly this teams only chance to win it all Sad
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:27 PM)Trademark Wrote: You need a lot of things to go your way to even make a SB, last night was honestly this teams only chance to win it all Sad

Considering the state of the O-line, I'm shocked we got there this year.

I definitely think we will be back in the next few years.  I think you'll be surprised at some of the older players that will come here to "chase a ring"
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:27 PM)Trademark Wrote: You need a lot of things to go your way to even make a SB, last night was honestly this teams only chance to win it all Sad

Seems like a long road and, surely, you need breaks but you can't worry about it. I'm far more excited and ready to see sustained success with this team winning divisions and playoff games and if we have good backups, keep guys healthy and maybe get to host more playoff games then we'll be there. Take the baby steps first as that's all you can do.
Reply/Quote
I feel like we have a great chance to make it back. Not saying it will be next year, but I expect to win at least one before Burrow is done.
Reply/Quote
Honestly not too worried about that right now. If we're in Year 7 with Burrow and we still haven't sniffed it, then I'll sweat.

Burrow led this team to the Super Bowl after being sacked 70 times. That in itself is a miracle.
Excluding the Chargers and first Browns game, all of our losses were within a field goal. They were consistently competitive throughout the year.

It by no means guarantees anything, but this offense would like wildly different if Burrow was given time for plays to develop. Give him a top 10 line and we are a contender. I don't know how or why you would believe otherwise.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
My biggest fear is we’ll see Dan Marino, Part 2 in Cincinnati.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
They won’t be back for 2-3 years. There is too much luck involved injury wise and the chiefs and Buffalo are very good. Brady dominated in large part because rothlisberger was the only other decent guy. I don’t see zack Taylor having a “system” that will lead to consistency. A run and shoot offense will simply get burrow injured every year.
Reply/Quote
I think we’ll be back in the next year or two. Give Burrow a competent OL and anything’s possible. Having to go up against Allen and Mahomes(and possibly Herbert) will make it tough but we did it this year, I have no reason to believe we can’t do it again.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:30 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Considering the state of the O-line, I'm shocked we got there this year.

I definitely think we will be back in the next few years.  I think you'll be surprised at some of the older players that will come here to "chase a ring"

I'm hoping that some of those veteran players that come to CIN to chase a ring are offensive linemen!  
Reply/Quote
They had some good luck and they had some bad luck. There's no telling when you may get there. Get to the playoffs and you have a chance. The team should be better on paper next year. The O line couldn't be worse.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes I believe within the next 5 years the Bengals will make it back to a Super Bowl. There a great foundation to work with for a team that still in rebuild mode. We have a franchise quarterback surrounded by playmakers and a big time kicker. Going to be interesting to see how the front office approaches the draft and free agency this offseason.
Reply/Quote
It is incredibly difficult to make a Superbowl. But teams tend to find a way back there.

We have a long time with Burrow to help him get us there again. You already hear of guys talk about playing here because of him, and that will continue to be a thing. Wouldn't shock me if in a few years, our roster is full of superstar FA's like the Rams had, because guys want their shot with Burrow.

None of that guarantees making it back, of course. But that's why we watch the games, anything can happen in this league. Who in the AFC is more primed than us?
Reply/Quote
We got hot at the right time. During the year I don't think we would have said we're gonna go on a 4 game win streak, and against the best possible competition. The story was forming at the end. Can Burrow keep everyone on that same page next year, is the key. We have to go on a 4 game win streak against the toughest to win, that's the grind.

We have to accept the fact that we may never get back there, since we don't have any control of it.

Russel and Mahomes went back to back superbowls, the window is small. Rams are ahead of us, they mortgaged for now, Cavs also mortgaged for now, when you're in the window you've gotta crash through. I'm thinking of the Rams getting crushed inthe super bowl and making it back here and winning, not that Stafford had to come, that they had problems the had to fix. Our problem is not at QB.

We don't have to look very far to see how it's possible, just look at our opponent.

As a fan, I think I've improved, the feeling I have today is how I used to feel in highschool on Mondays after the bengals lost a regular season game. We should all question our emotional investment in something we have no control of (and Mike Brown, frankly, up until "this point"). It's not like "whatever mike brown is doing is working", he just encountered burrow who won't take no for an answer. For me, I think some of the emotion comes tied to others in your family also rooting for something and having empathy towards the combined sadness.
Reply/Quote
I don’t want to give in to despair but the odds are against us getting back soon. They’re 12-1 to get back next year and those are the 4th BEST odds in the league.

We’ll see what happens in the offseason and the draft and then I’ll evaluate our chances.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Depends on the Front Office. Reiff was ok but not good enough. RG was a disaster. Carmen was a terrible draft pick with who was on the board.

If the FO is going to continue a decade of terrible oline picks and take risks on low end free agent linemen then many to apologize to Carson Palmer next year.

If the FO goes all out to find every nickel on offense to pay proven oline vest to protect Joe then we have a great shot.

Our offense is opposite that of the Rams and Chiefs - they pay their Slot, TE, and WR 1 - WR2 and backs produce ok and are paid that way.

Our offense is run by WR1, WR2 and RB - we cannot overpay for less production at the slot and TE.

A team can only have so many high salaries at the skills position and still have a quality oline. We need to decide if we are going to remain 2 WR and RB team and pay those guys - the rest goes to oline.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:36 PM)tBengal Wrote: I think we’ll be back in the next year or two. Give Burrow a competent OL and anything’s possible. Having to go up against Allen and Mahomes(and possibly Herbert) will make it tough but we did it this year, I have no reason to believe we can’t do it again.

That's what I'm saying!

Our offensive line couldn't block a peewee squad this year and we almost won a Super Bowl!

Draft a few linemen and sign a few in free agency and we're looking at a potential dynasty!

We have our main weapons locked up and we'll need to sign guys like CJ, Apple, BJ, Bates, etc., long-term, but there's no reason we shouldn't be able to do that, sign a few offensive linemen in FA, draft a few, and be back on top again!

People also forget that this was Burrow's first full year (and coming off surgery), so he'll be even better and players will be excited to play with him under center!
Reply/Quote
It is very possible, I mean, after the Super Bowl in '89 or whaterver year it was, I never thought it would take another 30+ yrs to get there.. never in my mind.
Reply/Quote
If the front office continues on the trajectory it has the last two free agency periods, only with oline help, then I highly doubt this is our last shot. Ya never know, but we're set to continue to build this team, and if they hit on the right personnel, they could contend for the foreseeable future.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:34 PM)bjf123 Wrote: My biggest fear is we’ll see Dan Marino, Part 2 in Cincinnati.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard this talked about before the game, the comparisons of Burrow and Marino, I even posted about it in a thread awhile back.

It shows just how much has to go the right way to get to a Super Bowl, much less win the thing. Hell, look at Aaron Rodgers who has 1 title in his lengthy and bad-ass career. 

I think the Bengals will be competitive, I think they'll be back to the Super Bowl at some point but I think some of the "starting our own dynasty" talk was a little premature. This team won this season because Joe Burrow was awesome, the defense stepped up in clutch moments, the super secret weapon of Shooter was great and the biggest thing, they stayed really healthy. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Build a dominant offensive line and the Bengals will be in the Super Bowl conversation for the next fifteen years.
Reply/Quote