Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone starting to get worried about Burrow?
Didn’t you guys start off very slow last year and heat up midway through the year? It looks like you guys are getting hot at the right time.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:33 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Didn’t you guys start off very slow last year and heat up midway through the year? It looks like you guys are getting hot at the right time.

Last 2 seasons. People around here have ZERO long term memory.

They also forget all the games where the offense bailed out the defense. Almost like football is a team game and takes all 3 phases to win.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:10 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Honestly, yeah.

We’re paying him to be that guy. He hasn’t been that guy in his career. Defense bails him
Out way too often

Postseason trends are showing themselves in the regular season.

Shit needs to stop.

Has to be one of the most asinine things I've ever read on this board.
Reply/Quote
Anyone worried about people that start worried threads and then never, ever come back to them?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 10:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: Outside of the Cardinals game he has looked mediocre for the most part, thank God the defense bailed the offense out again today...

No, Joe played as well as the game would allow.  There were a few drops, a few lapses in pass protection, but there were also plays where Joe had time and simply had to throw the ball away because the coverage was good.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

It was a really weird week in general. KC only put up 19 on a terrible Broncos team, SF lost to the PJ Walker Browns, Eagles lost to the Jets, the Bills looked terrible for much of the game against the Giants, etc. Miami seems to be the only consistent offense in the league right now.

Reply/Quote

We’re paying him to be that guy. He hasn’t been that guy in his career. Defense bails him
Out way too often

Shit needs to stop.

I feel the same way dude. People really gloss over things with him. Like can you remember a single game where we’re down, he gets the ball with 2 min left and he takes us down the field and wins it for us? Aside from game one last year (which didn’t workout because of the long snapper) I can’t think of one. MUCH of his success has been with absolute clutch play from the defense, not from him. He had a chance to win us the game in the afc champ game last year at the end, we punted. In the Super Bowl we had the ball with 1:40 left I believe and just needed a fg to tie. He didn’t get it done. I’m just saying, I haven’t seen anything to show me he’s clutch. Again yesterday he got the ball, only needing one first down to seal the game and the first throw was a wasted one. Other than the Bills playoff victory the defense has bailed us out in the clutch to win all of the games, not Burrow.

My point is, the great quarterbacks are the ones where u want the ball in their hands with 2 min to go. But honestly when Burrow gets the ball in those moments I have zero confidence, and there’s no reason to. He’s never done it with us. I’ve seen Mahomes do it countless times, seen Allen do it many times and on down the line. Burrow without a clutch defense has no playoff wins. I know this will get slammed but it’s true. Like it was said he is paid to be THAY GUY, and thus far he hasn’t been. He’s been very good. We need great to win a title.
Reply/Quote
Nothing suspicious about an account with 2 posts in 12+ months. Nothing at all. :ninja:

Reply/Quote
Not really

His only issue today was accuracy
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:34 PM)Housh Wrote: Not really

His only issue today was accuracy

He miss the toilet bowl or something? Hate when that happens.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He miss the toilet bowl or something? Hate when that happens.

Oops

Sunday lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Out way too often

Shit needs to stop.

Burrow's post season stats are:
169 completions 251 attempts 67.3% comp% 1826 yards 9 TDs 4 INTs 93.8 rating

Regular season:
1191 completions 1762 attempts 67.6% comp% 13,004 yards 89 TDs 35 INTs 97.7 rating

While, sure, there's a decline in play, it's a VERY SLIGHT decline:
271 yards per game in regular season vs 261 yards per game in postseason
1.9 TDs per game in regular season vs 1.3 TDs per game in postseason
0.7 INTs per game in regular season vs 0.6 INTs per game in postseason

So, maybe know what you're talking about before spouting an opinion. Just a thought.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:23 PM)ClarkHarris4Prez Wrote: I feel the same way dude. People really gloss over things with him. Like can you remember a single game where we’re down, he gets the ball with 2 min left and he takes us down the field and wins it for us? Aside from game one last year (which didn’t workout because of the long snapper) I can’t think of one. MUCH of his success has been with absolute clutch play from the defense, not from him. He had a chance to win us the game in the afc champ game last year at the end, we punted. In the Super Bowl we had the ball with 1:40 left I believe and just needed a fg to tie. He didn’t get it done. I’m just saying, I haven’t seen anything to show me he’s clutch. Again yesterday he got the ball, only needing one first down to seal the game and the first throw was a wasted one. Other than the Bills playoff victory the defense has bailed us out in the clutch to win all of the games, not Burrow.

My point is, the great quarterbacks are the ones where u want the ball in their hands with 2 min to go. But honestly when Burrow gets the ball in those moments I have zero confidence, and there’s no reason to. He’s never done it with us. I’ve seen Mahomes do it countless times, seen Allen do it many times and on down the line. Burrow without a clutch defense has no playoff wins. I know this will get slammed but it’s true. Like it was said he is paid to be THAY GUY, and thus far he hasn’t been. He’s been very good. We need great to win a title.

For all the negative here, let's talk about what JB has brought to Cincinnati. Playoff drought is over. We were AFC champs 2yrs ago and was in the game last year too. The FO has embraced the fact that to have a winning team, you need to build around the QB which is what they've done. JB has made it exciting to be a Bengals fan again after 30+ years of pain and disappointment. The FO has followed suit. 

JB has a bad OL again and that's not his fault. TBH, they really was great last year, but were an improvement from what we were used to seeing. If we get a great OL in front of him, your going to see the elite QB he's been known to be. And for those criticizing the dink and dunk plays, that's all on Zac I think.  

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:23 PM)ClarkHarris4Prez Wrote: My point is, the great quarterbacks are the ones where u want the ball in their hands with 2 min to go. But honestly when Burrow gets the ball in those moments I have zero confidence, and there’s no reason to. He’s never done it with us. I’ve seen Mahomes do it countless times, seen Allen do it many times and on down the line. 

Mahommes has 19 game winning drives (4 in the postseason) in 6+ seasons (the + is including 1 this season so far) so basically 3 GWD per season
Burrow has 9 game winning drives (2 in the postseason) in his previous 3 seasons (none so far this year) so basically 3 GWD per season

IN ADDITION: Burrow's QB rating INCREASES with each Down:
1st down 99.1 rating
2nd down 94.5 rating (ok, except 2nd down)
3rd down 100.5
4th down 111.4

In terms of quarter of the game, Burrow's 2nd best QTR is the 4th QTR
1st QTR 90.5 rating
2nd QTR 104.7 rating
3rd QTR 98.0 rating
4th QTR 99.8 rating

Need I go on?

EDITED TO ADD: Burrow needed his OL to block for 1 more second and he would've thrown the game winning pass to a wide open Chase in the Super Bowl. Not Joe's fault his OL was injured worse than the Browns front office when they traded for Watson.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
It was a really weird week in general. KC only put up 19 on a terrible Broncos team, SF lost to the PJ Walker Browns, Eagles lost to the Jets, the Bills looked terrible for much of the game against the Giants, etc. Miami seems to be the only consistent offense in the league right now.

I was just getting ready to reply something similar. It was a very strange week for offenses across the board, and some very good teams lost games they should have won. Hell, Carolina was up early on Miami.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: For all the negative here, let's talk about what JB has brought to Cincinnati. Playoff drought is over. We were AFC champs 2yrs ago and was in the game last year too. The FO has embraced the fact that to have a winning team, you need to build around the QB which is what they've done. JB has made it exciting to be a Bengals fan again after 30+ years of pain and disappointment. The FO has followed suit. 

JB has a bad OL again and that's not his fault. TBH, they really was great last year, but were an improvement from what we were used to seeing. If we get a great OL in front of him, your going to see the elite QB he's been known to be. And for those criticizing the dink and dunk plays, that's all on Zac I think.  

We're drinking and dunking because they don't have to respect the run. He was surgical in the first half running that style of offense. For some reason, he just didn't have that same accuracy in the second. I felt they did a good job with the balance in the first half, it just wasn't very effective or efficient running the ball. Too many missed throws in the second to get any kind of rhythm going.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: For all the negative here, let's talk about what JB has brought to Cincinnati. Playoff drought is over. We were AFC champs 2yrs ago and was in the game last year too. The FO has embraced the fact that to have a winning team, you need to build around the QB which is what they've done. JB has made it exciting to be a Bengals fan again after 30+ years of pain and disappointment. The FO has followed suit. 

U realize stats don’t always tell you everything right? I’m sure “game winning drives” are counted when he scores with 5 minutes left. My point still stands. Tell me one time when he has had the ball in the final 2-3 minutes and taken us down the field to score a game winning touchdown. I’ll wait. I’m not saying he sucke, but he’s definitely overrated. Also, do I need to remind you all constantly blaming the o line, he also has probably the best wr core in the league. He should be better, especially for what he took on his extension. I expect him to be able to will us to wins, like the greats do. Thus far he has not proven he can do that. The defense is the clutch unit on this team. I don’t want to hear anymore comparisons to Brady or considering Burrow as anywhere close to Mahomes. He isn’t THAT.

Also, I understand Zac has a part in this too. His play calling can be laughable at times. I would love to see what a Mike McDaniels or a McVay could do with this offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nothing suspicious about an account with 2 posts in 12+ months. Nothing at all. Ninja

Suspicious? A fan who reads the forums and usually doesn’t chime in? I know, soooooo strange. I’m probably a bot.?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Mahommes has 19 game winning drives (4 in the postseason) in 6+ seasons (the + is including 1 this season so far) so basically 3 GWD per season
Burrow has 9 game winning drives (2 in the postseason) in his previous 3 seasons (none so far this year) so basically 3 GWD per season

IN ADDITION: Burrow's QB rating INCREASES with each Down:
1st down 99.1 rating
2nd down 94.5 rating (ok, except 2nd down)
3rd down 100.5
4th down 111.4

In terms of quarter of the game, Burrow's 2nd best QTR is the 4th QTR
1st QTR 90.5 rating
2nd QTR 104.7 rating
3rd QTR 98.0 rating
4th QTR 99.8 rating

Need I go on?

EDITED TO ADD: Burrow needed his OL to block for 1 more second and he would've thrown the game winning pass to a wide open Chase in the Super Bowl. Not Joe's fault his OL was injured worse than the Browns front office when they traded for Watson.

Oh and those two “game winning drives” in the playoffs were both off of turnovers delivered by the defense where he only needed a first down or two to setup money Mac for the winning field goal. That’s GOOD, it’s just not great. When he’s got a normal situation (ball on his 25) and he needs to win us the game he has not done it. Literally ever. Make all the excuses u want, but when other qb’s step on the field in those situations u just know they’re going to get it done. Burrow hasn’t proved he can yet. I hope it changes, I just think people overblow who he is.

And with the talent he has to throw to AND the clutch defense he’s had….hes had alot of help.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:40 PM)ClarkHarris4Prez Wrote: U realize stats don’t always tell you everything right? I’m sure “game winning drives” are counted when he scores with 5 minutes left. My point still stands. Tell me one time when he has had the ball in the final 2-3 minutes and taken us down the field to score a game winning touchdown. I’ll wait. 

Off the top of my head, first AFCCG against the Chiefs, marched the team down the field in OT to set up the go ahead FG, but I guess that doesn't count, right? Definitely not clutch and overrated. Rolleyes

BTW, Dalton is 5th on the active list of GWD. So, is Dalton is a better QB than Burrow?
Reply/Quote