Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone starting to get worried about Burrow?
(10-16-2023, 03:41 PM)ClarkHarris4Prez Wrote: Suspicious? A fan who reads the forums and usually doesn’t chime in? I know, soooooo strange. I’m probably a bot.?

Or a Steelers fan who made the account after Clark Harris injury led to you guys winning. If you wanted to try a more incognito name probably would have sufficed.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:23 PM)ClarkHarris4Prez Wrote:  I’ve seen Mahomes do it countless times, seen Allen do it many times and on down the line. 

Literally just yesterday Allen had the ball with a chance to put the game away. Failed. The Giants drove down and had a shot from the 1 yard line to win. Bills DEFENSE held and won them the game after Allen had a 1st half as bad as Burrows 2nd half. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:47 PM)ClarkHarris4Prez Wrote:  Burrow hasn’t proved he can yet.

I literally just showed you he has, but all I hear from you is bullshit. "Oh no, Joe didn't score a TD to win the game. BOO!" "Oh no, Joe only had to get 1 first down, not 20 to win the game. BOO!"

Yes, Joe has had help in winning games AS HAS EVERY SINGLE ELITE AND HOF QB IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:58 PM)TheFan Wrote: Literally just yesterday Allen had the ball with a chance to put the game away. Failed. The Giants drove down and had a shot from the 1 yard line to win. Bills DEFENSE held and won them the game after Allen had a 1st half as bad as Burrows 2nd half. 

I knew he was a troll but man, I loved slapping down his stupid arguments.
Reply/Quote
We have to wait until later in the season to judge Burrow because he was playing in a state no other team would have put their starting QB under IMO. If you use his healthy stats, there is nothing to talk about. He was on fire in the 1st half...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 04:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We have to wait until later in the season to judge Burrow because he was playing in a state no other team would have put their starting QB under IMO. If you use his healthy stats, there is nothing to talk about. He was on fire in the 1st half...

Out of curiosity, I looked up Burrow's 2nd half stats against the Seahawks.

6 for 13, 42 yards 

I mean, honestly, I thought it was worse (especially the yardage) but it's still pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 04:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Out of curiosity, I looked up Burrow's 2nd half stats against the Seahawks.

6 for 13, 42 yards 

I mean, honestly, I thought it was worse (especially the yardage) but it's still pretty bad.

It’s just so weird cause he was really slinging it in the first half. He had something like 15 straight completions at one point and they started bringing up the franchise record (Anderson’s 20). I know you have to give the Seattle DC and their CB’s some of the credit for their adjustments, but Burrow also just stated missing throws he usually makes in his sleep. Especially the ones he put behind Chase that are always right on the money. Like I said just weird.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 05:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s just so weird cause he was really slinging it in the first half. He had something like 15 straight completions at one point and they started bringing up the franchise record (Anderson’s 20). I know you have to give the Seattle DC and their CB’s some of the credit for their adjustments, but Burrow also just stated missing throws he usually makes in his sleep. Especially the ones he put behind Chase that are always right on the money. Like I said just weird.

It seemed to come after the scramble he made for the 1st down (he looked FAST) and/or thr sack where the 2nd defender dove into his back. Not sure if something happened but those 2 plays stick out in my mind.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 05:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s just so weird cause he was really slinging it in the first half. He had something like 15 straight completions at one point and they started bringing up the franchise record (Anderson’s 20). I know you have to give the Seattle DC and their CB’s some of the credit for their adjustments, but Burrow also just stated missing throws he usually makes in his sleep. Especially the ones he put behind Chase that are always right on the money. Like I said just weird.

It seems like the opposite of early 2022.  Last year, the scripted pays were not effective, yet they'd eventually figure things out over the course of a full game.

This season, the scripted plays are humming right along.  After that it's almost a nose dive into the dumpster.
Reply/Quote
I was disappointed he seem to take a step back not forward after Cards game, I do feel he needs to do better in giving time for plays to develop ., I think next 2 games will give a fair evaluation on his performance this year .
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Mahommes has 19 game winning drives (4 in the postseason) in 6+ seasons (the + is including 1 this season so far) so basically 3 GWD per season
Burrow has 9 game winning drives (2 in the postseason) in his previous 3 seasons (none so far this year) so basically 3 GWD per season

IN ADDITION: Burrow's QB rating INCREASES with each Down:
1st down 99.1 rating
2nd down 94.5 rating (ok, except 2nd down)
3rd down 100.5
4th down 111.4

In terms of quarter of the game, Burrow's 2nd best QTR is the 4th QTR
1st QTR 90.5 rating
2nd QTR 104.7 rating
3rd QTR 98.0 rating
4th QTR 99.8 rating

Need I go on?

EDITED TO ADD: Burrow needed his OL to block for 1 more second and he would've thrown the game winning pass to a wide open Chase in the Super Bowl. Not Joe's fault his OL was injured worse than the Browns front office when they traded for Watson.

One game winning drive was thanks to ref ball (Dalvin Cook)

Another should’ve been assigned to Eli Apple (Titans)

Another absolutely should’ve been assigned to Jessie Bates and Vonn Bell (KC playoff game 1)

The only really impressive ones I can remember are Jacksonville and KC in 21 to win the North. The rest involved a defense or refs carrying Burrow across the finish line.

You can’t really pretend all game winning drives are the same or equally as impressive. Joe hasn’t done anything to parallel 13 seconds, for example.

Edit: I honestly debated not adding the first regular season Cheifs game, because i'm not sure if that was more Burrow heroics or more of Steve Spagnulo being a dunse.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 04:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We have to wait until later in the season to judge Burrow because he was playing in a state no other team would have put their starting QB under IMO. If you use his healthy stats, there is nothing to talk about. He was on fire in the 1st half...

The Seahawks are ranked at the bottom in total defense against the pass. Yeah, we can judge him for that 2nd half yesterday.

Mind you, the Seahawks were ranked low despite having played Stafford without Kupp, Andy Dalton, and Daniel Jones.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Off the top of my head, first AFCCG against the Chiefs, marched the team down the field in OT to set up the go ahead FG, but I guess that doesn't count, right? Definitely not clutch and overrated. Rolleyes

BTW, Dalton is 5th on the active list of GWD. So, is Dalton is a better QB than Burrow?

It was clutch...

For Jessie Bates and Vonn Bell.
Reply/Quote
I'm not worried about Burrow. He'll earn his paycheck. I think we'll go on a winning streak and all will be forgotten.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:24 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm not worried about Burrow. He'll earn his paycheck. I think we'll go on a winning streak and all will be forgotten.

Well if we beat SF in SF that would be one great start to a winning streak, now if we lose to them then we could be in for a long end of season
Reply/Quote
I know the Bengals have Burrow, but he's had a lot of weird minor injuries and stuff. It feels like the window for this team is closing and fast. Do you all feel this way or no?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:40 PM)Trademark Wrote: I know the Bengals have Burrow, but he's had a lot of weird minor injuries and stuff. It feels like the window for this team is closing and fast. Do you all feel this way or no?

I feel like you've made this thread before...

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
The window for this group of players surrounding Burrow is likely closing, but we will experience that multiple times.

The Patriots won with several different units. No need to be in despair.

Reply/Quote
Photo of Bengals fans pre Burrow injury:

[Image: 05_IOBE_Ernest_CommercialSet-scaled.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm a bit worried about Burrow's durability and him getting hit this much. He's had two season ending injuries in 4 years. This ligament one seems a bit tricky as well.

They need to find ways to keep him upright or it wont matter how good Burrow is.

No I do not think the window is closing, but they need to figure it out.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote