Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone still think Tee will be our #1?
I believe the "X" receiver is the number 1 and that is what they've stated Chase will be playing.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 08:50 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You don’t have to think very hard. The Bucs just last year had Antonio Brown, Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. And Rob Gronkowski.

Antonio Brown had 487 yards and 4TDs last year.. Mike Evans barely surpassed 1000 yards and Godwin took a step back 840 yards... people think the Buccs were super dynamic last year but I don’t think they stack up with some other teams mentioned.

I think our trio has the talent to surpass those 3’s production from last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 05:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2018 Atlanta Falcons

Julio > Chase
Ridley = Higgins
Sanu < Boyd

Ya it’s pretty close. We need an Austin Hooper to compete with that group.
Reply/Quote
As to the OP...  yeah, in terms of production he could be #1 even with Chase as the X WR.

Like Wes said I wouldn't be surprised if Boyd was right there as well in production.

Nobody(ok the majority at least)thinks Boyd & Higgins aren't really talented WRs.

If Taylor gets these guys humming along it should be a nice spread of yards, completions, and TDs.

Actually Mixon hopefully get more carries and could steal some receptions and TDs from the trio as well.

The TEs?  Who the hell knows?!?  Not sure if we can count on any of them for production at this point.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Until Chase actually plays it is Higgins, Boyd then Chase.. some rookies adjust quick and well, some take time to adjust , we will see early where Chase is
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 04:18 PM)jason Wrote: I think I'm not gonna worry about 1, 2, & 3 with our wide receivers... All three of em are gonna do damage this season.

I also agree with the OP when it comes to targets. The open man is getting them.

Agree

Not gonna worry about who gets what #
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 09:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Antonio Brown had 487 yards and 4TDs last year.. Mike Evans barely surpassed 1000 yards and Godwin took a step back 840 yards... people think the Buccs were super dynamic last year but I don’t think they stack up with some other teams mentioned.

Yes, he did. In eight games. Coming in off of the street. Over 16 games, he would have had 966 yards and 8 TDs at that pace, and that’s assuming he stayed at that same pace with a full off-season.

Evans struggled with injuries and still snagged 13 TDs.

Godwin struggled with injuries, too, and only played 12 games. His per game performance would have him on pace for 1,120 yards and nine touchdowns.

If all three of these guys stay healthy this year, there is a real chance that they all surpass 1,000 yards, and we still haven’t spoke about Gronk who had 600+ yards and seven TDs.

Plus, Chase hasn’t played a single snap in the NFL yet.
Reply/Quote
Sad 
Tyler Boyd our sure #2
Reply/Quote
Am already a big fan of Higgins and Boyd and hoping Chase is that good to become the #1 of this group.

Will be ecstatic if so especially knowing how young they are still.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 06:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Higgins get passed by Chase as the #1 he has nothing to be ashamed of.  His production as a rookie last year was very impressive.  We will basically have two #1 WRs.

Which could make Boyd the top target and reception guy.  The other two draw a lot of attention even to her down field, Boyd will own finding holes in short zone, especially if we run well. 
Reply/Quote
#1? Maybe. X? Probably not.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 08:54 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I believe the "X" receiver is the number 1 and that is what they've stated Chase will be playing.

Pretty sure it's the number 10
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 09:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Antonio Brown had 487 yards and 4TDs last year.. Mike Evans barely surpassed 1000 yards and Godwin took a step back 840 yards... people think the Buccs were super dynamic last year but I don’t think they stack up with some other teams mentioned.

Godwin also missed 4 games.  He would have easily topped 1100 yards if he had been healthy all year.
Reply/Quote
Offenses don't decide who the #1 wr is, opposing defences do. If you're playing the Rams and Jalen Ramsay is lined up against you, you're the biggest threat and best reciever on the field.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 04:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure is good competition now. Tee is the #1 though right now.

Love Chase but he has to earn that #1 role. Tee had a very good rookie season, think Chase can do the same if not more but
we will see. Our first round picks have had it rough for a long time staying healthy as rookies. Boyd is the best Slot WR in the
NFL or at least one of the top 5. We have one of the best trio's in the NFL, just need to add depth.

I agree. Tee earned our support last year. He was a major contributor to our offense. Adding Chase is just going to make his game even nastier. Opposing DCs are going to have their hands full when they have face our 3 WRs. But we need to remember what Higgins demonstrated last year. 

I agree on the health thing. Yeah, let's hope Ja'Marr can stay healthy. Our depth at WR is questionable, but we can't forget about Tate. The only way he knows how to get separation is vertically. So, he's limited, but still very useful. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow isn’t going to care about the “#1 receiver”. With a quarterback like that who will distribute and only cares about the open man, the numeral distinction becomes close to meaningless.
Reply/Quote
All 3 get injured and miss the entire season..Zac gets blamed and fired not even half way through the season..  That almost sounds prophetic.. I really hope it's not even close to that..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2021, 07:15 AM)grampahol Wrote: All 3 get injured and miss the entire season..Zac gets blamed and fired not even half way through the season..  That almost sounds prophetic.. I really hope it's not even close to that..

Nope.  That's even more of an excuse(and a reasonable one at that)for him to be retained.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 04:05 PM)Tony Wrote: This guy has all the skill to be a legit #1.. Even with Ja'maar on the team. I could see the targets split pretty equally...

I see Tee as the epitome of a #2:

He won't be #1 in yards, as I think that will be Chase, but he will likely be #2.

He won't be #1 in TDs, as I also think that will be Chase(although it could be very close), but he will likely be #2.

He won't be #1 in receptions, as I think that will be Boyd, but I think he will likely be #2.

This doesn't take away his importance at all.  His stat line might not look very different from his rookie season, but that will be in addition to what Chase and Boyd offers, and that is where the synergy will apply.  The three of them, the TEs, and the RBs will give this team a receiving corps that they haven't had since at least the 2015 season and a better QB to distribute the ball.  Very exciting times.  
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 04:18 PM)jason Wrote: I think I'm not gonna worry about 1, 2, & 3 with our wide receivers... All three of em are gonna do damage this season.

I also agree with the OP when it comes to targets. The open man is getting them.

And Burrow is the one to see the open man.  

At LSU, Chase didn't get as many targets as Jefferson, but he got more big plays and yards.  That deep threat would force defenses to adjust and Jefferson would destroy them underneath.  Joe also worked in his TE and his other WRs so teams couldn't key on just one or two weapons.  I can't wait to see how this offense looks in 2021.   If the defense can be solid, this team can surprise a lot of folks.  
Reply/Quote