Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone still think Tee will be our #1?
(05-13-2021, 11:17 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Has a team ever had (3) 1,000 yd receivers?

5 times.

Most-recent were the Cards, with Boldin, Fitzgerald and Breaston. In addition to the Colts, Falcons did it with... I'm gonna say Metcalf, Mathis and...Tony Martin?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 5 times.

Most-recent were the Cards, with Boldin, Fitzgerald and Breaston. In addition to the Colts, Falcons did it with... I'm gonna say Metcalf, Mathis and...Tony Martin?

Bert Emanuel, not Martin.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 11:17 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Has a team ever had (3) 1,000 yd receivers?

08 Cardinals
04 Colts
95 Falcons
89 WFT
80 Chargers
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 09:19 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Ok, I didn't say Aliens, give me credit for that one.  ThumbsUp

Got something against Aliens ????

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 08:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Got something against Aliens ????

Ninja

Can they coach the team? LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 01:21 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Bert Emanuel, not Martin.

Thank you; knew something was off when I wrote Martin's name; he was probably still with the Chargers.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Looking like Tee Higgins wants to hold onto that X receiver position.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/28/tee-higgins-completely-different-player-bengals-workouts/?fbclid=IwAR22Xqg4zlcSLnD24HQu0aQ-3K1g6lrQ8xIULsna8W6NvVhG8DvAUEtkFrU

Quote:Fellow wideout Tyler Boyd, for example, just outlined some major hype for Higgins, saying he looks like a new player, according to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com:

“(Higgins) looks like a completely different player than last year. He came into camp injured and now he’s been through a season. Once you’ve been through a season, you kind of know you belong. He’s got that confidence. I see that in him now and that’s what we need…

…He’s starting to develop into a good route runner. He’s striding out. He’s starting to become a whole different player in terms of getting better in each area. Catching, running routes and running after the catch. I think this year he’ll make a lot more plays after the catch. That will be the biggest improvement in his game.”

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Taylor, Thomas and Washington will be 1, 3 & 3 by the time the injury dust settles day 1 of real practice.. Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 06:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looking like Tee Higgins wants to hold onto that X receiver position.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/28/tee-higgins-completely-different-player-bengals-workouts/?fbclid=IwAR22Xqg4zlcSLnD24HQu0aQ-3K1g6lrQ8xIULsna8W6NvVhG8DvAUEtkFrU

Sweet. Thought looking at Tee in the Offseason vids he looked WAY quicker and crisper running his routes.

At 6'4" this guy's upside is insane when getting after it like this. Love Tee, think he could be great.

Really like hearing Boyd's thoughts as he is a very perceptive and smart Receiver. 

Think we have the best trio if Chase lives up to expectations.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 08:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sweet. Thought looking at Tee in the Offseason vids he looked WAY quicker and crisper running his routes.

At 6'4" this guy's upside is insane when getting after it like this. Love Tee, think he could be great.

Really like hearing Boyd's thoughts as he is a very perceptive and smart Receiver. 

Tee Higgins is a star in the making.  With the addition of Ja'Marr Chase, the team is going to have a really hard decision to make when Tyler Boyd's contract expires.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 08:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sweet. Thought looking at Tee in the Offseason vids he looked WAY quicker and crisper running his routes.

I just hope the none of the three gets hurt to miss any significant time on the field. An extra game this year so that itself raises the stakes. There doesn't seem to be an overabundance of highly qualified backups..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tee Higgins is a star in the making.  With the addition of Ja'Marr Chase, the team is going to have a really hard decision to make when Tyler Boyd's contract expires.

I know, I want to keep Boyd but think we will have to find a new Slot damn it all. Have to pay Bates and Burrow big dough.

Lets hope we win a SB or two in the mean time. Always root for Boyd and think he might be the most underrated Slot WR in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 08:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: I just hope the none of the three gets hurt to miss any significant time on the field. An extra game this year so that itself raises the stakes. There doesn't seem to be an overabundance of highly qualified backups..

Yes, our depth is the concern at the WR position for sure.

Hope we bring in DeDe Westbrook if he is still available.
Reply/Quote