Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appearance shaming the FLOTUS
I hated and spoke out against it when folks did it to FLOTUS Obama and I will do the same here:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/melania-trump-criticized-taking-incredibly-tacky-christmas-selfie-192057956.html

Quote:Disgraceful for a First Lady, Christmas or not. You look like a model on a photo shoot for the front page of Hustler. I'm sure the elderly and poor will appreciate this photo given how you and hubby don't care about them, only your millionaire friends at Mar-a-Largo.

The Trump's might get negative comments based solely on their physical appearance than any first couple in the history of the USA
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-26-2017, 08:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hated and spoke out against it when folks did it to FLOTUS Obama and I will do the same here:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/melania-trump-criticized-taking-incredibly-tacky-christmas-selfie-192057956.html

The Trump's might get negative comments based solely on their physical appearance than any first couple in the history of the USA

No need to do that, but Trump brings it on HIMSELF by how he talks about how others look.  

I didn't see anything wrong with her photo.  I'm sure millions more didn't than did.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-26-2017, 08:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hated and spoke out against it when folks did it to FLOTUS Obama and I will do the same here:

A- I’m pretty sure no one is going to advocate lynching him because he’s orange or her because she’s hot.
B- don’t care, fix things. Same with the Obama’s. Didn’t care, fix things. Which, honestly, isn’t the potus, it’s congress. But at he end of the day, don’t care, fix things.
(12-26-2017, 08:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: I didn't see anything wrong with her photo.

Maybe a little heavy with the eye shadow. But, heck, she can pull that look off IMO (me, not so much!).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
I'd say it's quite a bit different when the 'shaming' is purely racially motivated. We all know what and who around here I'm talking about.

But who cares about the flotus. Much more to talk about with the guy who is always talking about how good looking he is.
(12-26-2017, 09:07 PM)Benton Wrote: A- I’m pretty sure no one is going to advocate lynching him because he’s orange or her because she’s hot.
B- don’t care, fix things. Same with the Obama’s. Didn’t care, fix things. Which, honestly, isn’t the potus, it’s congress. But at he end of the day, don’t care, fix things.

Sad that you do not care that people are shamed on nothing more than their appearance. 

(12-26-2017, 10:21 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'd say it's quite a bit different when the 'shaming' is purely racially motivated.   We all know what and who around here I'm talking about.  

But who cares about the flotus.  Much more to talk about with the guy who is always talking about how good looking he is.

And, he's looking pretty damn good, as a President.  Averaging 16 overreaching regulations repealed for every one enacted.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-26-2017, 10:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, he's looking pretty damn good, as a President.  Averaging 16 overreaching regulations repealed for every one enacted.

Yeah. Screw those sea turtles.
(12-26-2017, 10:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sad that you do not care that people are shamed on nothing more than their appearance. 

Selective sadness?

[Image: 32828CF400000578-0-image-m-3_1458794442374.jpg]
(12-26-2017, 10:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, he's looking pretty damn good, as a President.  Averaging 16 overreaching regulations repealed for every one enacted.

Yeah, his desire to get us to a regulation level that allowed for dirty air, dirty water, child labor, and a whole host of other things sure is admirable.

This sort of shit is always low. I have a feeling we will see a lot of it continuing for the next three years as people will think it justified since Trump is one of the worst offenders when it comes to something like this, but it isn't. I'd like to say the FLOTUS should just be off-limits, it's not an elected position, but because they often interject themselves into policy discussions, they are an allowable target for criticisms. I'd just ike criticisms to focus on policy.
(12-26-2017, 10:21 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'd say it's quite a bit different when the 'shaming' is purely racially motivated.   We all know what and who around here I'm talking about.  

But who cares about the flotus.  Much more to talk about with the guy who is always talking about how good looking he is.

Or those who insist (still) that the former FLOTUS is secretly a man because she doesn't meet their exacting standard of what a proper woman looks like?

I remember all the outrage from his friends and supporters for shaming her.   Ninja
When gold digging turns ugly.

She gets whatever she deserves for marrying for money as I believe nobody can genuinely like the real Donald Trump.
(12-27-2017, 10:39 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: When gold digging turns ugly.

She gets whatever she deserves for marrying for money as I believe nobody can genuinely like the real Donald Trump.

I'll add that all those who insist on saying we "finally have a good looking FLOTUS" or that its "nice to have female FLOTS now" are appearance shaming Mrs. Obama while crying about the attacks on Mrs. Trump (the 4th).
When I read this, I thought that it was going to be some sort of journalist saying the quoted section in the OP, even though it read like news site comment section garbage.

Then it comes out to be random lady social media comment garbage.

So the two things come to mind for me.

- It's a trash opinion. She looks nice, and nearly every female between the ages of 15 and 55 takes these kinds of photos every day.
- Why do Yahoo news (Didn't know that was really a thing) and the OP here feel that this is newsworthy? So internet trolls and random angry lefties found an excuse to hate on Drumph's wife? How many more of these threads can we have by lunch?

Litter.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(12-26-2017, 10:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sad that you do not care that people are shamed on nothing more than their appearance. 

Thousands of people are waking up this morning cold and hungry because there’s not enough jobs paying living wages. We’re beyond the decade mark for our accomplished mission in the me. Rampant drug problems. The self esteem of a millionaire super model ranks really, really low on my list.

yeah who needs clean air and water, amirite?
People suck

(12-27-2017, 11:15 AM)Benton Wrote: Thousands of people are waking up this morning cold and hungry because there’s not enough jobs paying living wages. We’re beyond the decade mark for our accomplished mission in the me. Rampant drug problems. The self esteem of a millionaire super model ranks really, really low on my list.

I care about the cold and hungry as well; doesn't mean I don't care that folks are shamed based on nothing more than their appearance. 

But to each their own.  

(12-27-2017, 11:14 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: When I read this, I thought that it was going to be some sort of journalist saying the quoted section in the OP, even though it read like news site comment section garbage.

Then it comes out to be random lady social media comment garbage.

So the two things come to mind for me.  

- It's a trash opinion.  She looks nice, and nearly every female between the ages of 15 and 55 takes these kinds of photos every day.  
- Why do Yahoo news (Didn't know that was really a thing) and the OP here feel that this is newsworthy?  So internet trolls and random angry lefties found an excuse to hate on Drumph's wife? How many more of these threads can we have by lunch?    

Litter.

Actually I read a study a while back that listed Yahoo News as one of the most unbiased news sources, so I get much information from it. I suppose Yahoo news found it newsworthy because of the public shaming. I found it post worthy to support a statement I made on election night: "We will spend the next 4-8 being what we have proposed to hate for the last 8". 

I'm not sure how many more threads we can have on similar subject matter prior to lunch; however, I'll keep you posted.