Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aqib Talib: Why no public outcry?
Why is Alib Talib's face mask on a Carolina player during the Super Bowl not drawing more media and public out cry? That was about as dirty of a play you will see.

And then Talib has the nerve to say this about the play:

“[The facemask] I just did on purpose, and I just had to show him. It’s probably going to be a fine, but, hey, we’re world champs.”

Will Talib get suspended next season for the play? Will he get fined?

Is this all Vontez Burficts fault?

Probably.

Here is the video of the play if you havent seen it:

http://deadspin.com/aqib-talib-admits-he-tried-to-rip-corey-browns-head-off-1758007923?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Because his penalty didn't cost his team the game. So no one cares.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 11:37 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Because his penalty didn't cost his team the game. So no one cares.

But it could have.. there were numerous personal fouls in that game.. it was not a well played game or a disciplined game.. but the announcers hardly mentioned it or called out the coaches for the undisciplined nature of the players... obvious double standard it seemed
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
While it didn't affect the outcome, you better bet if the Bengals had been there and all the same stuff happened with Pacman/Burfict, you would've heard it mentioned for the 2 weeks leading up how discipline and not taking stupid penalties was a key for Cincinnati. We have that reputation now, fair or not.
Reply/Quote
Because it wasn't the Steelers, who are used to the ones giving shots to take players out, and like a bunch of candyasses that they are make a big deal out of it when they are on the receiving end, which the media picks up on. Im glad they lost to denver so they could go home and do what they do best.... run around and play a game of grab ass with one another.
Reply/Quote
Kuechly was blowing players up all night. Even players that the ball sailed over their head got hit. No outcry. It is what it is. One of the main reasons it was a shame to see Bengals fans turn on Burfict. We all should know the double standard.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 01:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Kuechly was blowing players up all night. Even players that the ball sailed over their head got hit. No outcry. It is what it is. One of the main reasons it was a shame to see Bengals fans turn on Burfict. We all should know the double standard.

Yup.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He's gonna get suspended for it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/09/nfl-will-consider-talib-suspension/
Reply/Quote
They asked Von Miller about it after the game.

He was like "Pfft, it was at the 3 yard line, who cares?"..

Its funny how player safety really means nothing to the players, unless they have something to prove (Pittsburgh).

I think most defensive players in the league would be just fine with Burfict and having him as a teammate. There are just some whiney little offense players like Cam and the Pittsburgh Steelers making us look bad Ninja
Reply/Quote
That facemask was the most egregious one I've seen outside of a Night Train Lane clip. He could have broken that guy's neck and Talib has a long history of this stuff. He's an absolute dirtbag who plays for a media darling team, so who cares, right? If this crap is OK then the NFL needs to be more like the NHL where the other team sends out an unskilled enforcer to even the score in injuries.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 11:37 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Because his penalty didn't cost his team the game. So no one cares.

This.

If we were up by three, Burfict hits someone and we win the game, people say "Damn, that was a solid hit. Refs shouldn't have called it."

If we lose, people point fingers and say "Damn, if he'd kept it together they would've won."

Talib's team won. Winners get treated like winners.
Reply/Quote
The sooner everyone realizes that nobody likes the Bengals the better off you will be.

Reply/Quote
Ughhh because they won the game ???
Reply/Quote
Also...reverse rolls...The first fumble Cam had and Denver scored...Von Miller absolutely raked Newton's facemask and drug it down as he went to strip the ball...If that had been a Panther player and Manning got hit in the helmet does it get called? I believe it does...I believe they call a hit to the helmet on the QB
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:07 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Also...reverse rolls...The first fumble Cam had and Denver scored...Von Miller absolutely raked Newton's facemask and drug it down as he went to strip the ball...If that had been a Panther player and Manning got hit in the helmet does it get called?  I believe it does...I believe they call a hit to the helmet on the QB

Panthers' Norman clearly believes that there was preferential treatment by the refs.

And Cam was furious over his sack late in the game, feeling that it was unnecessary roughness.   It looked similar to the Burfict takedown of Rothlesberger.   But Sims said he did not feel the Cam takedown was a penalty.  Neither did I.   I know there was a lot of post game discussion about how the Rothlixberger take down should have been penalized.  Neither of them was anything compared to the way Seattle's Bennett tossed Andy around on the interception return in that game.

I never used to believe it - and I don't think these games are fixed - but certain teams clearly are treated preferentially by the refs
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:07 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Also...reverse rolls...The first fumble Cam had and Denver scored...Von Miller absolutely raked Newton's facemask and drug it down as he went to strip the ball...If that had been a Panther player and Manning got hit in the helmet does it get called?  I believe it does...I believe they call a hit to the helmet on the QB

I don't believe games are outright fixed, but I did see some attempt to help Peyton's feel-good storybook ending come true, I'll admit.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't believe games are outright fixed, but I did see some attempt to help Peyton's feel-good storybook ending come true, I'll admit.

I 100% believe that games are not completely fixed, but the league office is in the ears of the officials to "sway" games as much as possible. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I 100% believe that games are not completely fixed, but the league office is in the ears of the officials to "sway" games as much as possible. 

Possibly.  Then again, the general public seemed to think Peyton Manning is a class act who deserves to be dragged to a final title, so I'm sure some people involved in the game were duped as well, ha.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 02:19 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: He's gonna get suspended for it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/09/nfl-will-consider-talib-suspension/

He tried to poke somebodies eye out after a play earlier in the year. And got a 1 game suspension. Burfict blows people up during the play. And got 3 games on his first suspension because he couldn't avoid contact when he was running full speed and a body got pushed in front of him. Makes no sense.

Lets see what kind of double standard the NFL sets this time.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He tried to poke somebodies eye out after a play earlier in the year. And got a 1 game suspension. Burfict blows people up during the play. And got 3 games on his first suspension because he couldn't avoid contact when he was running full speed and a body got pushed in front of him. Makes no sense.

Lets see what kind of double standard the NFL sets this time.

No doubt...If someone wants to get a petition for this I would be happy to sign....

Talib... Tries to poke an eye out....Admits to tackling a guy by the fm on purpose is a lot worse than Burfict's hit on Brown...If Burfict's hit would have been truly intentional they would have been picking his head up off the field...Burfict could have plain out destroyed Brown's career if he truly wanted to....
Reply/Quote