Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop
(09-03-2015, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The law is even more clear that race is a protected class.  So you definitely can not refuse service based on race.
I thought as much.
(09-03-2015, 02:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As in, treated like victims when told they had to?

I'm sure they would.
Not to get on that discussion again, but the baker was stupid.
I don't understand why so many people have to grandstand their beliefs, unless they are being persecuted.
It peeves me when people force their beliefs down other peoples throats, trying to chest-thump.
This person at Arby's could have just insisted on running to the bathroom, but noooooo.... I'm a revolutionary !
I wonder if he broke out the Guy Fawkes mask for the occasion ?
Rolleyes
(09-03-2015, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: HIT!

[Image: 54f921e8d4e32_-_real-arbys-beef-n-cheddar.jpg]

That's some epic sloppy roasties, right there !
Shocked
This is what happens when you foster an anti police attitude throughout the nation.
(09-03-2015, 02:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is what happens when you foster an anti police attitude throughout the nation.

What if you foster a right to deny service attitude? 
(09-03-2015, 02:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is what happens when you foster an anti police attitude throughout the nation.

And just where have you been ?
They were on the verge of accusing you of being Blutarsky.
:snark:
(09-03-2015, 03:03 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: What if you foster a right to deny service attitude? 

If Arby's or any business wants to deny service then thags fine. I think all business should have the ability to deny service. I don't think its necessarly a wise move... But it should be their right.
(09-03-2015, 03:10 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: And just where have you been ?
They were on the verge of accusing you of being Blutarsky.
:snark:

Haha. That would make account number 7 that I am supposed to be ....
(09-03-2015, 11:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So there is literally a picture of everything.

Just think about rule 34.  If something exists....you know....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-03-2015, 01:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Do your job.

This. 

You were hired to serve people food.  Now do your goddamned job and stop bringing your dumbass views into it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(09-03-2015, 03:13 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Just think about rule 34.  If something exists....you know....

I had to explain this to my wife once.

That was...interesting. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
There's two ways of looking at this. One way is the right way, which says this was wrong. The wrong way says, "businesses have the right to refuse service for any reason according to their personal views".

You will notice that the second position is exactly what right wingers said when they were throwing a hissy fit over the "gay wedding cake" controversy.
(09-03-2015, 03:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If Arby's or any business wants to deny service then thags fine.    I think all business should have the ability to deny service.   I don't think its necessarly a wise move... But it should be their right.

(09-03-2015, 05:20 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: There's two ways of looking at this. One way is the right way, which says this was wrong. The wrong way says, "businesses have the right to refuse service for any reason according to their personal views".

You will notice that the second position is exactly what right wingers said when they were throwing a hissy fit over the "gay wedding cake" controversy.

Do you just not read any posts on a thread?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-03-2015, 05:20 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: There's two ways of looking at this. One way is the right way, which says this was wrong. The wrong way says, "businesses have the right to refuse service for any reason according to their personal views".

If a business limits their customer base then they will be out of business soon enough. Right or wrong a person should be allowed to run his business into the ground if he chooses.

If this kid was following the owners/Arby's policy then fine. But if he wasn't then he should be fired.
(09-03-2015, 05:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Do you just not read any posts on a thread?

Did you know there are other posts on this thread than Lucie's?
(09-03-2015, 05:49 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Did you know there are other posts on this thread than Lucie's?

How many did you need?  Just like on the other thread where you asked if all the law and order Republicans were going to support the decision despite every one that responded saying they supported the decision.

And you seem to consider that believing something is someone's right to condoning it.  We can say the kid is an idiot and still believe he has the right to do it.  In this particular instance, though, he does not own Arbys therefore he does what the boss says.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I'm in group number 3:

A private business should have the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, or no reason at all.  If some dumazz wants to lose money because of some idiotic bias, personal views, or political stance, let him.  The court of public opinion and social media will make sure that idiot is exposed and then people can make the choice whether to patron his/her establishment or not. 

Government doesn't need to be involved in that stuff. 

Government entities or places that receive public funds are a different matter.
(09-03-2015, 07:03 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I'm in group number 3:

A private business should have the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, or no reason at all.  If some dumazz wants to lose money because of some idiotic bias, personal views, or political stance, let him.  The court of public opinion and social media will make sure that idiot is exposed and then people can make the choice whether to patron his/her establishment or not. 

Government doesn't need to be involved in that stuff. 

Government entities or places that receive public funds are a different matter.

Ayn Rand comment on the way.

(09-03-2015, 09:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ayn Rand comment on the way.

Ayn Rand is a moron.  There you go.  ThumbsUp
(09-03-2015, 10:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ayn Rand is a moron.  There you go.  ThumbsUp

Beat me to it.
(09-03-2015, 09:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ayn Rand comment on the way.

It's almost like we know their nonsense before they post lol