Poll: Are Bengals a Superbowl Team This Year?
This poll is closed.
YES
74.24%
49 74.24%
NO
25.76%
17 25.76%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are Bengals a Superbowl Team?
I feel a different energy from this team. They seem ego free and selfless. I think they can go all the way. Let us hope!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How many times have we seen a team get hot at the end of the season go all the way. The Bengals fit that description. But they are still a young team so anything can happen. Next year though....do not be surprised to see them as a preseason pick to win it all

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
There's no way to really know, but unlike our past playoff teams this one feels like no matter the opponent they have a real chance (being able to score in one play from anywhere on the field kinda helps that)...
Reply/Quote
Man...after 2015 it's hard for me to shift from realist to homer......For now i'm just fingers crossed for a playoff win.

Edit: FWIW i did vote Yes
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
They have a shot, not favorites, but they proved they can play with anyone. Arguably the two best teams in NFL- they are 1-1, and the loss was in overtime.
Reply/Quote
The above 2 posts sum it up well.

This feels like as good a chance as any. We have a team with only one real weakness. We have an elite QB. Solid run game. Defense is pretty stout. AFC field is weaker than ever. Only one team (KC) that I'd consider elite, and we proved we can beat them.

Zac is aggressive and I don't think he'll turtle up in the playoffs like Marv did. This is our best shot since 1988, and I feel very confident saying that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We have the ability to beat anyone in the league but also have shown we can lose to anyone.
Reply/Quote
One thing is sure, no team heading into the playoffs wants the Bengals as an opponent.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:22 PM)TheFan Wrote: We have the ability to beat anyone in the league but also have shown we can lose to anyone.

X2

We have been so inconsistent that I usually would not see us having a real good shot, but the AFC is more wide open than I have seen in years.  Even though I see a few problems with our team I think we have a decent shot just because every AFC team has flaws.  There is no scary, dominant team.
Reply/Quote
They gotta get a play off win fellas. I said no until they can find a way to win a post season game.
Reply/Quote
I think this team could pull it off but wouldn't be surprised if they lost in the WC round.

I would be incredibly bummed if that happened but anything can happen.

Beating KC and taking GB into overtime shows this team can hang with anyone and those 2 teams have to be the odds on favorites to be in the SB.
Reply/Quote
Bengals remind me of a boxer with a big knock-out punch. He may not be the most skilled or consistent fighter but he’s the guy no one wants to get in the ring with because if he lands one it’s good night.
They have not been consistently good but they are explosive and that offense can put up points quick. Hopefully they are peaking at the right time (finally win 3 in a row)
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: There's no way to really know, but unlike our past playoff teams this one feels like no matter the opponent they have a real chance 

I am pretty sure most every prior Bengal playoff team felt they had a real chance.  Even though they were underdogs in most of those playoff games they had all won big games to make it to the postseason (except maybe 2011).

Looking back at the '09 team it is pretty clear they were nothing but smoke and mirrors for the entire second half of the season, but that was such an emotional and exciting season that most of us fans did not notice.
Reply/Quote
I don't know how to fully buy in. I have been a Bengals fan for 25 years, with a borderline obsession for the last 20, and over that time frame, I have become very jaded toward them in regards to being successful.

With that said, this IS a Super Bowl caliber team...they just have to play like they did for the last few weeks over the next few weeks.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:37 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Bengals remind me of a boxer with a big knock-out punch.  He may not be the most skilled or consistent fighter but he’s the guy no one wants to get in the ring with because if he lands one it’s good night.
They have not been consistently good but they are explosive and that offense can put up points quick.  Hopefully they are peaking at the right time (finally win 3 in a row)

Yes we are the George Foreman team...
I think we have a shot for the main fact that they are heading into playoffs as a hot team which seems to be a good indicator on some playoff success. 

No stats to back this up but Ill put it out there for the stat nerds to pile on.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:35 PM)motoarch Wrote: I think this team could pull it off but wouldn't be surprised if they lost in the WC round.

I would be incredibly bummed if that happened but anything can happen.

Beating KC and taking GB into overtime shows this team can hang with anyone and those 2 teams have to be the odds on favorites to be in the SB.

Honestly the Denver win gave me as much confidence as any. They traditionally suck out there, and that was a gut check win. The games you mentioned were more exciting for sure.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I fat thumbed it, meant to hit yes but hit no. I just want to see us atleast win a playoff game this year, after that we’ll see what happens. Playing in KC in the divisional round won’t be easy.
Reply/Quote
If they play like they have the past couple games, absolutely.
I'm so hesitant to say yes they are for sure a Super Bowl Team though because I'm waiting for that pendulum to swing back the other way like it has been all year.
As such, I'm going to not vote in the poll.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:06 PM)tBengal Wrote: I fat thumbed it, meant to hit yes but hit no. I just want to see us atleast win a playoff game this year, after that we’ll see what happens. Playing in KC in the divisional round won’t be easy.

Shame on the other 2 "no's"!!!

Shame!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I voted yes. The team made the playoffs, can put together a hot streak of winning, has an offensive unit that can put up big points even when behind in score, and the defense has had games carrying the team.
Reply/Quote