Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Are Democrats going to push masks and vaccines again?
(08-29-2023, 09:17 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Link?

[Image: 2be72f3c830ec7b54d33dbfa75a35a6950bf5413_hq.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 237139969_1716368195238780_1769632264036...e=64F5C163]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 08:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 237139969_1716368195238780_1769632264036...e=64F5C163]

Quickly mutating viruses, such as influenza, require yearly vaccinations against specific strains. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 08:56 PM)pally Wrote: Quickly mutating viruses, such as influenza, require yearly vaccinations against specific strains. 

Consequently, they are often times worthless.  There are years that the flu shot (i.e. influenza) doesn't come close to covering the dominant strain that year.  I said this long ago, and got a lot of shit for it, but the covid vaccine is not in the same category as the polio vaccine.  It's a flu shot, and it will work better sometimes than others. But this idea of shutting the country down and enforcing mandatory mandates on people, which the rich like Gavin Newsome will flat out ignore, is absurd and inane.

People gave the government the benefit of the doubt on this and were flat out lied to.  That time is over.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 08:56 PM)pally Wrote: Quickly mutating viruses, such as influenza, require yearly vaccinations against specific strains. 

What?? the vaccines don't stop you from getting the disease again? 

Limbaugh was right--Science is a LIE!   Say What
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 07:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: After the clarion call to mask up, “Just two weeks to flatten the curve!” has lasted well over two years I will NEVER trust another American public health official.

The public health officials enabled Big Pharma to profiteer mightily and I want every penny of profit Big Pharma made since 2020 to be retroactively confiscated and returned to We the People.

That seems a bit excessive.

It wasn't "public health officials" who let Big Pharma set the prices for Medicare drugs, was it? 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 09:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Consequently, they are often times worthless.  There are years that the flu shot (i.e. influenza) doesn't come close to covering the dominant strain that year.  I said this long ago, and got a lot of shit for it, but the covid vaccine is not in the same category as the polio vaccine.  It's a flu shot, and it will work better sometimes than others. But this idea of shutting the country down and enforcing mandatory mandates on people, which the rich like Gavin Newsome will flat out ignore, is absurd and inane.

People gave the government the benefit of the doubt on this and were flat out lied to.  That time is over.

I never actually liked the Covid shots being called a vaccine. Most people, and I can't blame them, thinks that vaccines offered immunity to whatever it was designed for which for the most part they do like our baby shots.

But the covid shots were not much more than 'immune booster shots designed for the main Covid strain' at the time. And the shots afterwards designed more to fight off the various variants.

Now I say this as someone that had 0.0 white blood count during the late summer of 2021 and an extreme low count for the following months. Somehow by a miracle I avoided Covid all together then as I couldn't even get a Covid shot, let alone any other vaccine as they were wiped out of me that summer. So I found out quite a bit about all of this with my oncology team back then, and what exactly do the Covid shots do in regards to me when I did eventually got it well over a year later in later 2022.

We also had some good talks about masks. My main Dr. agreed that the n95 masks were the best ones for my situation, and anyone in general, and very highly recommended when I was out and about. Then after those the next best ones are the regular medical masks, usually blue ones that hospitals and doctor offices had on hand. Handkerchiefs and a cloth over the face were the worst ones and were ineffective. So when it comes to any debate with masks, I will listen to my oncology team who were some of the best in the country if not the world over politicians, talk show hosts, podcasters, and some random statement taken out of context blown into a headline.

So to those out there that wore masks to help curb the spread of covid which they actually did if they are the proper ones, I personally thank you. (key word is curb, as they won't prevent the spread but greatly reduce the chances of it spreading. It's like anything, there is no guarantee to life but we can help making it to a ripe old age by playing the best odds for anything we do from safe driving to healthy eating to not standing on 3 chairs stacked up to get that top shelf in the garage)
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
“You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” -Joe Biden
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2023, 07:28 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: “You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” -Joe Biden

A LIE then!! More of that science crap Dems force down our throats.

There is only ONE politician you can trust out there, who always has YOUR back.

He has gold plated toilets and his name begins with a T!!

If he thinks we should be researching a bleach cure for COVID, 

then THAT'S where we should be devoting our resources. He knows more than the doctors.

CRAZY that people even have to think about a choice between him and Biden.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2023, 08:37 AM)Dill Wrote: A LIE then!! More of that science crap Dems force down our throats.

There is only ONE politician you can trust out there, who always has YOUR back.

He has gold plated toilets and his name begins with a T!!

If he thinks we should be researching a bleach cure for COVID, 

then THAT'S where we should be devoting our resources. He knows more than the doctors.

CRAZY that people even have to think about a choice between him and Biden.

Pull yourself together, man. It’s too early in the morning to be foaming at the mouth about Drumpf.
Reply/Quote
Actually, I got vaccinated ( Moderna ) and I never had COVID.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 07:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: After the clarion call to mask up, “Just two weeks to flatten the curve!” has lasted well over two years I will NEVER trust another American public health official.

The public health officials enabled Big Pharma to profiteer mightily and I want every penny of profit Big Pharma made since 2020 to be retroactively confiscated and returned to We the People.

Gee, how dare the public health folks not being able to predict how a newly known virus would react. Hindsight is 20/20. They were offering the best advice that they knew at the time.

Or how about, if EVERYONE, had actually followed masking rules 100% of the time, and properly worn one, maybe just maybe, that 2 weeks might have been more successful.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2023, 08:41 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Pull yourself together, man. It’s too early in the morning to be foaming at the mouth about Drumpf.

Sorry Stone.  I'll tamp it down from here on out.  Cool
Reply/Quote
Going forward...anyone making matter-of-fact claims on the subjects of COVID, masks and vaccines will need to provide a credible source of information to support those claims. If you are unable to provide that information, then avoid making the claim.
Reply/Quote
If I prayed I would be praying the next new pandemic doesn’t hit while we have a bunch of idiots who think doctors and scientists telling them it’s best to wear a mask and get a shot are evil boogeymen out to get them and control their lives.
Reply/Quote

So you think that public health officials just started enabling big Pharma at the onset of COVID?  

They've been doing that sort of thing basically forever.  This was just on a much larger scale. If the pandemic was the point where you started having those kinds of thoughts about the relationship between the government and corporations, then you must not pay a lot of attention.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 11:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.uscis.gov/tools/designated-civil-surgeons/vaccination-requirements

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html#:~:text=All%20immigrant%20applicants%2C%20including%20children,show%20proof%20of%20prior%20vaccination.

Apparently they do have an option with the Covid vaccine...just like the rest of us unless required by our workplace.

https://www.nilc.org/2021/04/12/immigrant-access-to-the-covid-19-vaccines/

Actually Illegals bypass the whole thing, those that come here under Asylum/Refugee status get a choice. 

the difference is the Illegals don't have to get any of the vaccinations period.
Asylum/Refugees have to get them only if they want to become a USC. If they are fine with LPR status then they can skip them as well. 

Immigrants that come here for LPR status from outside the country have to get their shots before they are allowed in. 

So My point is why are we letting people in that aren't vaccinated??
It's a simple 2 day's worth of shots that covers almost all of the vaccinations. So while they are waiting to get in, get the shots done and it's done. If they refuse the shots, then refuse to let them in.  I'm pretty sure almost all would accept the shots.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2023, 08:41 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Pull yourself together, man. It’s too early in the morning to be foaming at the mouth about Drumpf.

He can't help himself. it's like waving catnip in front of a cat. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2023, 12:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Actually Illegals bypass the whole thing, those that come here under Asylum/Refugee status get a choice. 

the difference is the Illegals don't have to get any of the vaccinations period.
Asylum/Refugees have to get them only if they want to become a USC. If they are fine with LPR status then they can skip them as well. 

Immigrants that come here for LPR status from outside the country have to get their shots before they are allowed in. 

So My point is why are we letting people in that aren't vaccinated??
It's a simple 2 day's worth of shots that covers almost all of the vaccinations. So while they are waiting to get in, get the shots done and it's done. If they refuse the shots, then refuse to let them in.  I'm pretty sure almost all would accept the shots.

Technically no one does.  Schools require them but you can home school.  Some business require it but you can change jobs.

But if we're talking about people who literally sneak in to the country no one "allowing them" to do anything.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
GD am I ever tired of this pitting Americans against each other.

If there's a way to keep from getting sick, or limiting the severity of any illness, why wouldn't you do it? Some get so bent about wearing a mask or getting a shot. Are we going back to the idiocy of ingesting disinfectant? How about shooting light into your veins?

No one grew a tail by getting a COVID shot....nobody grew a 3rd eye.

Quit making this a one political party against the other. It's hurtful, non-productive and serves no useful purpose.

Geesh!!!!!!
Reply/Quote