Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Hill AND Bernard both in danger?
(08-16-2017, 09:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No doubt, that's one way to look at it. But this is Carson's 2nd year. He should be all up to speed on the offense. 

Personally, i'm gonna just figure...it's football, dudes are gonna get injured and it will happen when it happens. Fo certain, you want someone behind them that has very little drop off. I won't be upset when they run all 3 this year instead of giving one guy the majority of the snaps. 

That said, in the case of the RBs, i wouldn't give it a second thought if they traded Hill and went with Mixon and Gio, with Carson mopping up or getting a few lugs if someone gets dinged. And if it were up to me personally, i wouldn't let the possibility of injury affect my decision. 

I COULD see us flipping a RB to boost the O-line but... that said any deal needs a partner.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 09:52 PM)redwood Wrote: I COULD see us flipping a RB to boost the O-line but... that said any deal needs a partner.

Yeah. And Mike ain't about that life anyway. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 09:52 PM)redwood Wrote: I COULD see us flipping a RB to boost the O-line but... that said any deal needs a partner.

Is an good running back worth a good offensive tackle? Probably not.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 10:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Is an good running back worth a good offensive tackle? Probably not.

In the right circumstances, yes.  Now, that OT might not be a present starter, but rather a prospect that has been stored on some team's bench, in waiting.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 10:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the right circumstances, yes.  Now, that OT might not be a present starter, but rather a prospect that has been stored on some team's bench, in waiting.

Maybe...You just rarely see teams deal away a good OT. Umm The Rams dealt out Greg Robinson for a 5th or 6th but only a few tackles gave Ced competition for worst OT in the league robinson was one. Now the Eagles have traded way not one but 2 very good running backs recently. Shady McCoy for Kiko Alonso and DeMarco Murray to flip picks in the 4th round and to drop his contract. Don't get me wrong the Bengals could get lucky and trade Hill for a backup tackle but it would be alot of luck.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If we trade Hill, we'd have the same depth we had last season, so I don't see the problem there. That said, why trade Hill for a late pick when we could keep him for bonus depth, then possibly collect a compensatory pick?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 10:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the right circumstances, yes.  Now, that OT might not be a present starter, but rather a prospect that has been stored on some team's bench, in waiting.

BTW Sunset, Tra Carson lost a lot of weight and is in much better shape than last year. He may surprise you this Preseason. Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 05:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BTW Sunset, Tra Carson lost a lot of weight and is in much better shape than last year. He may surprise you this Preseason. Cool

Ok, let's just hope that I can actually see the next preseason game.  I've got a lot of players that I want to lay eyes on, in real time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I can't really scroll through all the pages, but it's an easy one: No.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote