Poll: Are You Happy With The Bengals First Round Choice?
Yes
No
I was hoping for William Jackson I since this is the first round!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are You Happy With The Bengals 1st Round Pick?
Now that round one is over and everyone has had time to settle into last nights events, are you happy with last nights choice of William Jackson III?
Reply/Quote
I'm alright with it, I would've rather had us take a Jarran Reed but William Jackson III was certainly one of the top players available at the pick and the happiness that comes to me from taking a player from the Steelers is amazing.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Yes, he is a solid signing. I can remember a few years back when we were depleted at corner. We had to sign a scrub off the streets to play on Sunday. Sometimes injuries come in bunches at certain positions, and you always need a stable of good CBs just incase. It's a pass first league, and our defensive formula works. I love the pick tbh
Reply/Quote
Yes. Watching a Steelers board melt down when the Bengals took the guy they wanted gave me warm fizzles that lasted all night.
Reply/Quote
My feeling is questioning the recent signings of CB by the Bengals, for first round choices in the past I certainly wouldn't consider Dre Kirkpatrick or Darqueze Dennard success stories and at the time of signing they received the same grades from critics and enthusiasm as William Jackson III is.

I have a wait n see approach with the choice, not disappointed but also not excited about it either. Actually, more of a "did you guys get it right this time?" attitude.
Reply/Quote
Gotta admit, I wanted Andrew Billings after all of the WR's were taken off the board, but I'm okay with this pick. If we look at our corner situation you have Dre in a contract year, Dennard coming off injury, Adam Jones getting up there in age, and no more Leon Hall. The icing on the cake is that you know this pissed off the Steelers, so yeah I'm okay with this.
Reply/Quote
Very much so. I wanted a WR, but after they all were gone, they went BPA and screwed the Steelers. Loved it.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:53 AM)GodFather Wrote: My feeling is questioning the recent signings of CB by the Bengals, for first round choices in the past I certainly wouldn't consider  Dre Kirkpatrick or Darqueze Dennard success stories and at the time of signing they received the same grades from critics and enthusiasm as William Jackson III is.

I have a wait n see approach with the choice, not disappointed but also not excited about it either. Actually, more of a "did you guys get it right this time?" attitude.

If you listen to Geunther's presser its pretty clear the kid wont touch the field for a while. He said something to the extent of "That's how we like to do things around here, our guys have to come in, sit, and learn our system before they can get in there. They will contribute on special teams..." blah blah blah.

I still think Dennard will do well, just hit a spree of bad luck, but who knows. Vance Joseph isn't here anymore either, so who knows what that does to everything.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:54 AM)NKYRob Wrote: Gotta admit, I wanted Andrew Billings after all of the WR's were taken off the board, but I'm okay with this pick.  If we look at our corner situation you have Dre in a contract year, Dennard coming off injury, Adam Jones getting up there in age, and no more Leon Hall. The icing on the cake is that you know this pissed off the Steelers, so yeah I'm okay with this.

Wanted Billings too, but he has fallen recently and could very well make it to our next pick.

As far as WJ3 is concerned, I wanted to go WR or DL in one and two but after letting the pick settle for a few minutes, then watching the steelers reach, I'm definitely on board. He should be good as long as he actually gets a chance that is
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:49 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: Yes. Watching a Steelers board melt down when the Bengals took the guy they wanted gave me warm fizzles that lasted all night.

This is my favorite quote.

"Jealousy and envy of us has the Bengals doing any and everything to try and stop us. This is a good lesson for us to learn just how far they will go to spite us. It's not just Burfict; it's the entire organization in Cincinnati."

Child please.
Reply/Quote
We won't know for years. Doubt he sees the field until hear 3
Reply/Quote
Yep. I really like it. I actually like Jackson better than I liked Kirk or Dennard when the Bengals drafted them. A team can never have too many corners. He has some of the best ball skills of any corner in this draft.

If you want a guy who can get his hands on some balls this is your corner...

wait..that sounds weird. Never mind. You get it. haha
Reply/Quote
Am fine with it. Wanted the Center or WR. But after being beat to the punch on both fronts think it was a good fallback option.

Heard somewhere last night that the DT pool is so deep that there will be 15 to 20 non drafted players that would have gotten drafted any other year.

Could wait until last rounds and take multiple DT's at end (like last 3) and surely hit on one.

That just leaves LB and 2 WR as paramount picks left to select and believe all those players are still available for us.

Think it could work out well actually.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:08 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This is my favorite quote.

"Jealousy and envy of us has the Bengals doing any and everything to try and stop us. This is a good lesson for us to learn just how far they will go to spite us. It's not just Burfict; it's the entire organization in Cincinnati."

Child please.

Which sad shit said that?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I liked it, once again looking to the future. We are in a good position for this very reason. If it makes everyone who doesn't like looking to the future, pretend Cedric was taken this year and will start at RT......feel better? I don't see the dire need for a LB. I think they like Mauluga, Burffict, Dansby, Rey, Dawson, and Flowers with Roach and others as options while Burffict is out. Dawson was highly touted and should get a chance soon and Flowers they are high on in coverage. I think we could go DT, DE, WR, or maybe interior O line tonight. A lot will have to do with who falls to us. Could Ogbah fall to us? If so I'd think we'd rush to the podium. Lots of talent left and so far we are trying to accumulate as much talent as possible and work out who plays down the road.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:02 AM)Garrus Wrote: Very much so. I wanted a WR, but after they all were gone, they went BPA and screwed the Steelers. Loved it.

Exactly..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:15 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Which sad shit said that?

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/the-bengals-screwed-us.14475/

page 2 I think
Reply/Quote
I love it. Another 1st round corner in the stable means Dre and Quez have to step up their games.... this kid's a baller...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:24 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/the-bengals-screwed-us.14475/

page 2 I think

Good god the whining over there is ridiculous.

And they call Bengals fans paranoid for a few iffy penalties and no-calls during the playoffs.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:53 AM)GodFather Wrote: My feeling is questioning the recent signings of CB by the Bengals, for first round choices in the past I certainly wouldn't consider  Dre Kirkpatrick or Darqueze Dennard success stories and at the time of signing they received the same grades from critics and enthusiasm as William Jackson III is.

This how I'm approaching the pick.  Just not too excited about it, but at the same time, not upset with the pick either. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote