Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
(03-27-2018, 02:19 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) Our defense was ranked 11th in sacks with 41 last year how is that Garbage? 
2.) 1 that stud might be the best LB in the game and 2 why doesn't Lawson count again simply because it goes against your point? By the way I am on the bandwagon for drafting a LB in the first RD. RD. Preston Brown should be a solid addition to the core.
3.) What? 
4.) Yeah our safeties are solid not sure what you are watching. Would I like to see more play making sure but there not bad at all. 
5.) If my opinion on QBs is so bad then why have 2 out of the last 3 Superbowl winners been a broken down QB and a backup QB. If my opinion on QBs is so bad then can you answer me why does Eli Manning have the same amount of Titles as Peyton Manning? Why does Terry Bradshaw have the same amount of Titles as Joe Montana? Why does Jeff Hostileter have more titles than Dan Marino?  History has shown that teams with Average QBs win Superbowls all the time not sure how you missed that?

To be fair Jake.....Preston Brown wasn't here when you initially made that post.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 10:35 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: No they aren’t. I was watching nfl network earlier too and it was a hypothetical tweet sent out by an nfl network staff member about the browns trading for him using their 4th and 33rd picks. Jarvis Landry, for good reason,then  tweeted out interest in it happening. None of that in any way lends support to the browns being “about to land Odell Beckham jr.”

Except you failed to mention the secret lunch/meeting between the two GM's at the meetings this week that was suspicious.

And the fact that the Browns are the only ones left with enough ammunition and cap space.

But sure it's all speculation. Isn't everything until it's actually done. Why so serious?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 09:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: Except you failed to mention the secret lunch/meeting between the two GM's at the meetings this week that was suspicious.

And the fact that the Browns are the only ones left with enough ammunition and cap space.

But sure it's all speculation. Isn't everything until it's actually done. Why so serious?

Not overly serious, I just know people don’t need any help losing their minds around these parts. Just seemed like a “lighting a fire to watch it burn” post. Which looking back at it now, is kinda funny....

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns end up 3rd in the division.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 09:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: Except you failed to mention the secret lunch/meeting between the two GM's at the meetings this week that was suspicious.

Rams do as well.
Reply/Quote
Rams just dropped 14m on Suh, and have AD they need to re-sign. They are certainly shooting for a Championship and look to be headed there. I'd be shocked if they can swing a deal.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 09:48 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Missing the point.  Barkley is the best RB prospect in the last 15-20 years.  The gap between Darnold/ Rosen to Mayfield/Allen/Jackson is not that wide.  Also, Big Ben is a future HoF’er.  Obviously you take the HoF QB.  We don’t know if the rookie QB’s will be HoF’ers.

He can't be the best RB prospect in the last 15-20 years, AP was drafted in 2007, and SB is no where near the RB that AP is/was.
But every year, someone is always the best at their position in the last 10-15 years. Let's ask Montee Ball, Ron Dayne, Lawrence Phillips, Trent Richardson, Blair Thomas, Ronnie Brown William Green, Kevin Jones, Beanie Wells, David Wilson (I think you get the picture now). Almost all of those RB's were "can't misses" and "best RB's in years to hit the NFL".
So forgive me if I don't buy the Barkley "Hype" for now.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 01:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He can't be the best RB prospect in the last 15-20 years, AP was drafted in 2007, and SB is no where near the RB that AP is/was.
But every year, someone is always the best at their position in the last 10-15 years. Let's ask Montee Ball, Ron Dayne, Lawrence Phillips, Trent Richardson, Blair Thomas, Ronnie Brown William Green, Kevin Jones, Beanie Wells, David Wilson (I think you get the picture now). Almost all of those RB's were "can't misses" and "best RB's in years to hit the NFL".

Barkley is so special because he never has to come off the field.  He's a three down back.  Run, catch, pass pro.  He's got it all.   It ain't hype.  It's reality.  He's the best player in the draft and that is damn near unanimous. 

Just pray along with me he does not end up in Cleveland.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 02:06 PM)McC Wrote: Barkley is so special because he never has to come off the field.  He's a three down back.  Run, catch, pass pro.  He's got it all.   It ain't hype.  It's reality.  He's the best player in the draft and that is damn near unanimous. 

I think we are screwed either way. It's either him or Chubb.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 02:06 PM)McC Wrote: Barkley is so special because he never has to come off the field.  He's a three down back.  Run, catch, pass pro.  He's got it all.   It ain't hype.  It's reality.  He's the best player in the draft and that is damn near unanimous. 

The Browns are going QB at 1 and probably the best defensive player at 4, so it's pretty safe to say Barkley won't end up in Cleveland.  If Barkley is so amazing there will be multiple teams looking to deal into the top 5 or 6 picks to get him.  Actually, if we would have stayed at 12 we could have had a chance to trade up a reasonable amount to get him ourselves but we didn't.
Reply/Quote

Agreed!!!!

I still remember Bo Jackson sweeping right for 80+ yard TDs over and over against us. 

Barkley is similar to Jackson, although Bo was probably 0.15 seconds faster. But similar big, fast backs.

As you said, Barkley can catch, which makes him scary as heck. Any Team that gets him, will screen and flare the living daylights out of defenses - let alone the play action that his running will set up.

A 235lb back who runs 4.4 will decimate secondaries. Stingers and separated shoulders. We need more DBs....  
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Browns are going QB at 1 and probably the best defensive player at 4, so it's pretty safe to say Barkley won't end up in Cleveland.  If Barkley is so amazing there will be multiple teams looking to deal into the top 5 or 6 picks to get him.  Actually, if we would have stayed at 12 we could have had a chance to trade up a reasonable amount to get him ourselves but we didn't.

My fear is that the QB's are similar enough that Cleveland takes Barkley first and still gets one of the QB's, possibly even the one they really wanted all along.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 03:41 PM)McC Wrote: My fear is that the QB's are similar enough that Cleveland takes Barkley first and still gets one of the QB's, possibly even the one they really wanted all along.

I can't see the future, but I'd say there is about a 0% chance that the Browns don't take a QB at 1 AND that the top 4 QBs of a draft class are all interchangeable, but we shall see.  I'd wager Darnold goes first to either the Browns, or they trade down to 2 and the Giants take Darnold. Browns taking Darnold at 1 and Barkley at 4 is entirely possible, though.

In today's NFL teams act like they won't scramble for QBs but draft day sees them going overboard to get one.  I could see Barkley falling all the way to the Buccaneers at #7, actually.  We could have possibly traded up to get him if we hadn't traded down, but the wheels are in motion now.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 01:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He can't be the best RB prospect in the last 15-20 years, AP was drafted in 2007, and SB is no where near the RB that AP is/was.

I'm not saying I don't buy the Barkley hype, but they do say this a lot.

Trent Richardson, Todd Gurley, Zeke Elliott and Leonard Fournette were all supposedly "the best RB in 10 years".

That said, 3 of those 4 guys wound up being pretty damn good. And some of those guys you listed weren't really hyped like that (Beanie, Ronnie Brown, William Green, David Wilson, etc.)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 10:07 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns end up 3rd in the division.

I agree I see the Ravens continue to slide if it a very bad off-season unlike the Bengals 
Reply/Quote
I see us at 3rd place. The browns will take 2nd place and armPitts will take first. The chemistry will not be there for this team and even with the changes being there, the stagnation is too deep to get us the W's. As much as I like the changes the team has made, I know it always looks better than it is. Hopefully I'm wrong but...
Reply/Quote
I dunno.. I'll be really disappointed if Cleveland can shed its reputation as the place QBs go to die, but on the other hand I'd like there to be another team in the AFCN to be able to routinely knock off the Squeelers.. 
I'll die a happy man if the Squeelers end up at the bottom of the league forever more and if it's Cleveland that knocks them off their perch then so be it. I'd rather it be our Bengals that does it, but at this point I'd settle for any reason that shoves them to the absolute cellar of the league . I'm just not that picky anymore as long as someone can do it .  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Browns are 1-31 over two seasons, 0-16 last season. There's realistically only one direction they can go from winless dead last rock bottom.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 07:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not saying I don't buy the Barkley hype, but they do say this a lot.

Trent Richardson, Todd Gurley, Zeke Elliott and Leonard Fournette were all supposedly "the best RB in 10 years".

That said, 3 of those 4 guys wound up being pretty damn good. And some of those guys you listed weren't really hyped like that (Beanie, Ronnie Brown, William Green, David Wilson, etc.)

Not only are 3 of the 4 guys pretty damn good but they all made a very positive impact on their team.  A stellar RB in his prime can change the entire dynamics of an offense. I'm fearful Barkely will do the same for Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 09:35 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Not only are 3 of the 4 guys pretty damn good but they all made a very positive impact on their team.  A stellar RB in his prime can change the entire dynamics of an offense. I'm fearful Barkely will do the same for Cleveland.

Exactly, and me too. People are laughing off the Tyrod Taylor signing, and no I don't think he's a very good QB, but he can be their Blake Bortles. 

He can game manage. He's great at limiting turnovers. A QB like that is great for a team built around a stud RB like Barkley.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote