Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Eagles that good?
(09-25-2016, 07:59 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Oh, i'm sure the entire fanbase is calling for Tomlin's head right now.
Only the dopey Yinzers
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:02 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Only the dopey Yinzers

So you then?

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:44 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Ben throwing everything high too. But offense is out of sync because they're pressing so much. I don't think Philly has punted all game. Steelers defense has now quit and its visibly obvious. 1/2 assed effort.

Yeah, it's pretty bad when the Network switched away to the Chargers/Dolts game...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:02 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Only the dopey Yinzers

'The dopey yinzers': our version of Jungle Noise.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:05 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: 'The dopey yinzers': our version of Jungle Noise.

Our boys want to fire the coach. Theirs whine about penalties. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:45 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Never have I ever seen CBS leave a game for "a more competitive  game" like they just did. Hilarious!!! How embarrassing!!!

But I wanted to keep watching it!  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:09 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Our boys want to fire the coach. Theirs whine about penalties. 

Yeah nobody ever brings up Marvin, and even the whiniest fan won't complain about the refs when they lose by a triple sawbuck
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:09 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Our boys want to fire the coach. Theirs whine about penalties. 

Pshaw!  Many of us have been on the "replace Marvin" bandwagon for years.  He can evaluate and amass some talent, but as a game coach, he is not good.  He's proven time and again how he can't prepare a talent laden team for a big game.  (refs were in the Steelers pocket last week, Bengals should have given them this beatdown.. Ninja )

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah nobody ever brings up Marvin, and even the whiniest fan won't complain about the refs when they lose by a triple sawbuck

Marvin deserves to be scrutinized. Tomlin is a solid coach. 

Bengals lost by 15 and there was plenty of whining on the game day thread. Hell check out Ricky's "good game Broncos" thread in smack. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:17 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Marvin deserves to be scrutinized. Tomlin is a solid coach. 

Bengals lost by 15 and there was plenty of whining on the game day thread. Hell check out Ricky's "good game Broncos" thread in smack. 

Nah I think I'll just stay here and watch you dance some more.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:34 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Or are the Steelers just playing that bad right now?

Genuinely curious. No smack intended.

I think it is both. The big surprise is the Eagles defense. The Steelers run offense was shut down.

Steelers looked good until the dropped pass in the endzone. My sense was that the Eagles were pscyhed about this game
all week and the Steelers came in overconfident.

Brown still got 140 yards somehow.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:17 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Marvin deserves to be scrutinized. Tomlin is a solid coach. 

Marvin will be a head coach until either Mike Brown dies, he dies, he decides to retire, or Dalton/Green follow suit and demand to be traded.
Reply/Quote

Do you honestly think I can't go find a Steelers ganwday thread where they are complaining about the refs?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Do you honestly think I can't go find a Steelers ganwday thread where they are complaining about the refs?

Sure you could. But you won't see it a week later like you do here. You've got guys still talking about last week while complaining about this week. 
Reply/Quote
On the upside, the Steelers will now be motivated to live this down for the reset of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:22 PM)Dill Wrote: I think it is both. The big surprise is the Eagles defense. The Steelers run offense was shut down.

Steelers looked good until the dropped pass in the endzone.

Brown still got 140 yards somehow.

I don't know how many catches he had, but he had to have been targeted 20+ times in the first 3 qtrs

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:37 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Defense is playing like dogshit. I think they shot their load last week.

No surprise. 

It was the steelers Super Bowl.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:44 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Helps when the refs aren't letting them hold at will

True. steelers don't play as well when they're forced to follow silly rules. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:47 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: and not once have I whined about the calls. 

Probably because the steelers defenders aren't being tackled as they rush and probably because there's no questions about whether a knee was down or not. 

How ****ing hard is that to understand, but no, you make some dumbass comment about simply "whining about calls". 

GTFO widatshit.

Reply/Quote

Facepalm

Reply/Quote