Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Eagles that good?
Pretty shocked about this game. I couldn't watch it because the Colts were playing at the same time. However, from the few moments I saw, it was shocking.

Didn't expect the Eagles to whup on the Steelers that badly.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:34 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Or are the Steelers just playing that bad right now?

Genuinely curious. No smack intended.

I missed the first half (group of us had free tickets to Pirates game behind home plate...fun time even though they lost.  Again.) And listened to the rest on the way home.

Sounded like the Eagles are real (at least until Wentz has been around enough to get figured out) AND the Steelers were unprepared.  Given Tomlin's past I'm not surprised by that.  But when nothing is working (blocked FG, dropped TD, no running game, turnovers, etc) its hard to put the blame in one place.  

On to next week.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Browns were stupid for passing on Wentz.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:34 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Browns were stupid for passing on Wentz.

To be fair, if they had drafted him he'd probably be injured by now.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:34 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Browns were stupid for passing on Wentz.

People here said the same thing in RG3's rookie year too
Reply/Quote
Serious question... What the **** happened to Timmons' shin? I didn't see that part but saw blood flowing from it later when I tuned in.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not really. They are far from one player away. He wouldn't look this good on the Browns. I still feel he will come back to earth once they get some film on him. It does seem amazing right now though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 10:09 PM)jason Wrote: Serious question... What the **** happened to Timmons' shin? I didn't see that part but saw blood flowing from it later when I tuned in.

Was listening to one of the SiriusXM stations during halftime in the car and they said he was taken to a local hospital but didn't hear anything after that.
Reply/Quote
Did anyone else hear either Nance or Simms late in the fourth quarter say that they bet Arnold Palmer was still watching because he was a big Steelers fan? Well, this......

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2016/09/25/arnold-palmer-obituary/1881465/
Reply/Quote
It happens.

Similarly in 2014, the Pats took an ass whipping at the hands of the Chiefs 41-14 early in the season and ended up winning the Super Bowl.

The Steelers will do the same.

The bengals are officially done. Their 2 more wins against the Ravens wont be enough.
Reply/Quote
I was not surprised the Steelers lost in Philly, they always do.

The Steelers have not won a game in Philly throughout the entire Super Bowl era...the last time they won in Philly was 1965.
Back when the Brown shit stains were the reigning NFL champs. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 10:33 PM)Vlad Wrote: I was not surprised the Steelers lost in Philly, they always do.

The Steelers have not won a game in Philly throughout the entire Super Bowl era...the last time they won in Philly was 1965.
Back when the Brown shit stains were the reigning NFL champs. 

Steelers didnt lose...they got shit stomped by a rookie QB.  But keep downplaying it
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 10:38 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Steelers didnt lose...they got shit stomped by a rookie QB.  But keep downplaying it

I will. As if I need your permission.

Its only one game. No biggie.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 10:25 PM)Vlad Wrote: It happens.

Similarly in 2014, the Pats took an ass whipping at the hands of the Chiefs 41-14 early in the season and ended up winning the Super Bowl.

The Steelers will do the same.

The bengals are officially done. Their 2 more wins against the Ravens wont be enough.

Pats have tom brady and bill bellechick, you have tomlin and big ben.  Good luck with that.

Its official?  So Bengals have been mathematically eliminated then?  Guess there is no need to suit up again
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 10:23 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Did anyone else hear either Nance or Simms late in the fourth quarter say that they bet Arnold Palmer was still watching because he was a big Steelers fan? Well, this......

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2016/09/25/arnold-palmer-obituary/1881465/

If there is any way we can blame the awful announcing of Nantz and Simms for this perhaps we can get them off the air....
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 10:23 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Did anyone else hear either Nance or Simms late in the fourth quarter say that they bet Arnold Palmer was still watching because he was a big Steelers fan? Well, this......

Jesus the ultimate announcer jinx.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 10:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: If there is any way we can blame the awful announcing of Nantz and Simms for this perhaps we can get them off the air....

Heh. More than likely it was the putrid product that the Rooneys rolled out on the field that did him in. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 10:44 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Pats have tom brady and bill bellechick, you have tomlin and big ben.  Good luck with that.

Its official?  So Bengals have been mathematically eliminated then?  Guess there is no need to suit up again

Yes, you have marvin and that ginger so that makes the bengals mathematically eliminated.
Big Ben and Tomlin have been to the Super Bowl twice as many times as marvin and the ginger.

This professor is formulating the equation as we speak...

http://dailysnark.com/panthers-loss-browns-now-mathematically-eliminated-playoffs/
Reply/Quote

Did he literally just die this afternoon?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 11:21 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Did he literally just die this afternoon?

Yes
Reply/Quote