Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Eagles that good?
(09-25-2016, 10:59 PM)Vlad Wrote: Big Ben and Tomlin have been to the Super Bowl twice as many times as marvin and the ginger.

2x0=0, you might want to rethink that one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 10:23 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Did anyone else hear either Nance or Simms late in the fourth quarter say that they bet Arnold Palmer was still watching because he was a big Steelers fan? Well, this......

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2016/09/25/arnold-palmer-obituary/1881465/
Their commentary was the first thing I thought of when I heard the news.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know how many catches he had, but he had to have been targeted 20+ times in the first 3 qtrs

Yes, he is clutch. He not only breaks the big ones but does what the "possession receivers" do as well.

ON the other hand, poor Wheaton.

Right now the AFCN is not looking like one of the tougher divisions.

Steelers and Bengals seem mid-level teams now, hoping to break into the elite later in the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 02:10 PM)Dill Wrote: Yes, he is clutch. He not only breaks the big ones but does what the "possession receivers" do as well.

Steelers and Bengals seem mid-level teams now, hoping to break into the elite later in the season.

we started out 8-0 before didn't help us that much  this year we are trying to peak at the right time lol
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 02:10 PM)Dill Wrote: Yes, he is clutch. He not only breaks the big ones but does what the "possession receivers" do as well.

Wheaton had a horrible drop in the endzone, but then anytime after that he didn't make a catch, they called it a drop.  One time he caught the ball out in front, and the DB crashed his whole body into it, and the announcers called it another drop.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Wheaton had a horrible drop in the endzone, but then anytime after that he didn't make a catch, they called it a drop.  One time he caught the ball out in front, and the DB crashed his whole body into it, and the announcers called it another drop.

That drop spelled doom. I was feeling really good about the way they moved the ball right out of the gate, then right before the drop they put up a stat that said that the Steelers had scored on 34 consecutive trips to the red zone. Any time I see a stat like that, I think "Uh-oh." Then Wheaton drops a ball that hits him between the 1's and now I'm really thinking "Uh-oh." Then the blocked FG and I'm thinking "Ohhhh shit." Nothing was ever right after that. That play set the tone and sealed their fate. 
Reply/Quote

I'll leave this here.   Wink

***edit...Bengals fans, that is the Vince Lombardi Trophy given the the winner of the Super Bowl. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:17 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I'll leave this here.   Wink

***edit...Bengals fans, that is the Vince Lombardi Trophy given the the winner of the Super Bowl. 

I'm not sure if you are aware of who should be embarrassed by your posting that.

[Image: icon175x175.png]
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:28 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: That drop spelled doom. I was feeling really good about the way they moved the ball right out of the gate, then right before the drop they put up a stat that said that the Steelers had scored on 34 consecutive trips to the red zone. Any time I see a stat like that, I think "Uh-oh." Then Wheaton drops a ball that hits him between the 1's and now I'm really thinking "Uh-oh." Then the blocked FG and I'm thinking "Ohhhh shit." Nothing was ever right after that. That play set the tone and sealed their fate. 

I know that feeling intimately.

Reply/Quote
Eagles are on fire right now, and the Steelers just laid an egg. I wouldnt put much more stock into that other than Wentz is looking like the real deal so far.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:28 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: That drop spelled doom. I was feeling really good about the way they moved the ball right out of the gate, then right before the drop they put up a stat that said that the Steelers had scored on 34 consecutive trips to the red zone. Any time I see a stat like that, I think "Uh-oh." Then Wheaton drops a ball that hits him between the 1's and now I'm really thinking "Uh-oh." Then the blocked FG and I'm thinking "Ohhhh shit." Nothing was ever right after that. That play set the tone and sealed their fate. 

Talk about a mentally weak team.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 07:25 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Talk about a mentally weak team.

No, it's more of a demonstration of Murphy's Law. A mentally weak team steals defeat from the jaws of victory in the finals minutes of a game. A mentally weak team succumbs under pressure and commits multiple flagrant fouls giving the game away. A mentally weak team does what Cincinnati did in last year's Wild Card Game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 04:08 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No, it's more of a demonstration of Murphy's Law. A mentally weak team steals defeat from the jaws of victory in the finals minutes of a game. A mentally weak team succumbs under pressure and commits multiple flagrant fouls giving the game away. A mentally weak team does what Cincinnati did in last year's Wild Card Game. 
A physically weak team allows one mentally weak player to take out all of their star players.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 08:22 PM)jason Wrote: A physically weak team allows one mentally weak player to take out all of their star players.

And how did that work out for the mentally weak team the next week in Denver?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 08:43 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And how did that work out for the mentally weak team the next week in Denver?
It worked out splendidly.

If you can't beat 'em, maim 'em.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 09:45 PM)jason Wrote: It worked out splendidly.

Word.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bsalkeho9234
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 09:45 PM)jason Wrote: It worked out splendidly.

(09-27-2016, 10:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Word.

Moral victories. How nice. 
Reply/Quote