Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are there any optimists left?
(10-31-2019, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Green has played in 22 of his last 43 games. Ross has played in 20 of his last 40 games.

Great...if we somehow had them all healthy the team would possibly be 1-7 or 2-8.

Dare to hope!

I'm talking about this year when most of our losses were by 1 score or less..... you don't think AJ would have scored in any of those games?
Reply/Quote
I'm a hopeless optimist. For instance we now have a top 5-10 back up QB in the NFL
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm talking about this year when most of our losses were by 1 score or less..... you don't think AJ would have scored in any of those games?

It's not as simple as just saying AJ would have had 7 more points. Because, with Green...maybe Ross and Tate don't get 10+ throws and have their big games.

Really our defense can't stop passes or runs...so IF we score more points, the other team likely goes to a more aggressive gameplan...which likely works.

Against the Bills and Cardinals we did literally nothing in the 1st half. They scaled back their offense A LOT in the 2nd half and play conservative defenses to just get games over.

We're just a terrible team.
Reply/Quote
The 49ers are playing with their 4th and 5th tackles. Yeah no Staley and McGlinchey...and they're winning.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 09:23 AM)jason Wrote: Marvin's goofing off with his friends in Arizona collecting money from Mike Brown, AND Arizona St. Why the hell would he want another NFL job?

People can dog Marvin Lewis all they want, but the cold hard truth is... Marvin Lewis was the only thing holding this doo doo franchise together for 16 years and 7 playoff appearances.

Before Marvin... Trash. After Marvin.... trash.

That man worked miracles around here.

I can't wait to hear some people's takes on the new QB after the game next Sunday.

Did he work miracles the last games of last year?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Green has played in 22 of his last 43 games. Ross has played in 20 of his last 40 games.

Great...if we somehow had them all healthy the team would possibly be 1-7 or 2-8.

Dare to hope!

Uhm...as bad and under .500 as the Bengals have been since the beginning of '16, they're 15-18-1 with Green in the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 11:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did he work miracles the last games of last year?

Everything gets stale after 16 years... I think the roster needed a complete overhaul either way. I wanted him gone by then too, but it's plain to see that he's the only guy who's had any success under Mike Brown.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 05:30 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Quit living in the past and dogging our coach and players.

I don't know what this is all about.  I am not "dogging" Taylor

(10-31-2019, 03:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't want to come off like I am hating too hard on Taylor.  He is handicapped by a horrid O-line and a "10th choice" Defensive Coordinator.  He might actually be a decent head coach with a better team, 

Try reading what I write instead of getting lost in your own head.

(10-31-2019, 05:30 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I guess our roles will be reversed.  

I have never changed my position.  I support winning and oppose losing.

If you want to complain about a winning record and support an 0-8 record that is your choice.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 08:54 AM)jason Wrote: Everything gets stale after 16 years... I think the roster needed a complete overhaul either way. I wanted him gone by then too, but it's plain to see that he's the only guy who's had any success under Mike Brown.

The hatred for Marvin got toxic for some fans.

I said Marvin had to go after the '17 season, but when I dared to even question Zach's credentials I was attacked for "supporting Marvin".
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's not as simple as just saying AJ would have had 7 more points. Because, with Green...maybe Ross and Tate don't get 10+ throws and have their big games.

Really our defense can't stop passes or runs...so IF we score more points, the other team likely goes to a more aggressive gameplan...which likely works.

Against the Bills and Cardinals we did literally nothing in the 1st half. They scaled back their offense A LOT in the 2nd half and play conservative defenses to just get games over.

We're just a terrible team.

Maybe, but with Green being in the game and being doubled, or having the #1 CB on him, that opens Boyd to do more. There's no way around it, the offense is better with him in there, enough so that all those 1 score losses could just as easily been 1 score wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The hatred for Marvin got toxic for some fans.

I said Marvin had to go after the '17 season, but when I dared to even question Zach's credentials I was attacked for "supporting Marvin".

I really wanted Marvin to step down when Zimmer was here and let him take over. I thought that would have been best for everyone: Marvin leaves on a high note, Zimmer gets the HC job he wanted, fans get solid coaching, etc.

But, alas...

(I also thought they should have made the trade during the draft when the Saints offered us all of their dam picks.)

That said, I like to think that if someone comes to our board here as a Bengals fan, there must be at least a tiny bit of hope for the team somewhere within them. Personally, I'll always have that. Even if the reality looks as stark and hopeless as the team currently does.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I'm optimistic that another yet to be determined team may actually end up being worse than the Bungles and we shall prevail against them leading us to the number two overall pick instead of number one.. 
Sing along if you know the words..

"WE'RE NUMBER TWO!...WE'RE NUMBER TWO!...WE'RE NUMBER TWO!...WE'RE NUMBER TWO!..."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Uhm...as bad and under .500 as the Bengals have been since the beginning of '16, they're 15-18-1 with Green in the game. 

Yeah...so we pin our hopes and dreams of success on a guy that's healthy maybe half the time. And is going to be 32.

Doesn't seem too sound does it?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Seems the Seattle game and the 1 point loss was the peak of our season. Taylor had showed that he was going to be successful. The Taylor naysayers were put in their place. Better days were coming.

A couple losses later and the optimists disappeared it seems.

Now at 0-8, the most optimistic thing I can recall is that a couple HOF coaches started out this bad...but the more games we lose, the less we can even say that.

Are there any optimists left? If so, lets see your take on reason to be optimistic.

Do you still think Taylor is a good coach?

Give us hope for the future...
I’ve always considered myself an optimist so I haven’t had too much to say lately. All I can say is if Finley doesn’t do well either then maybe the Brown family will finally see the importance of a strong O line. Or if he does do well maybe we’ll win a few games. And that’s all I’ve got.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 11:08 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I’ve always considered myself an optimist so I haven’t had too much to say lately. All I can say is if Finley doesn’t do well either then maybe the Brown family will finally see the importance of a strong O line.  Or if he does do well maybe we’ll win a few games. And that’s all I’ve got.

They've been trying to fix the offensive line for 4-5 years...and it keeps getting WORSE.

That says A LOT.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 11:08 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I’ve always considered myself an optimist so I haven’t had too much to say lately. All I can say is if Finley doesn’t do well either then maybe the Brown family will finally see the importance of a strong O line.  Or if he does do well maybe we’ll win a few games. And that’s all I’ve got.
The Brown family seeing the importance of anything other than personal wealth is a fools errand..  No wait.. THEY CARE about us lowly fans more than anything and undoubtedly will soon hand over their wealth to all of us here on TheBengalsBoard.com to spend as we see fit. You know it's gonna happen any day now so you might as well just go ahead and start making plans on how you're going to spend your new found fortunes.  ThumbsUp

What? You folks think I'm just making things up now? When have I ever done such dastardly things?  Nervous

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They've been trying to fix the offensive line for 4-5 years...and it keeps getting WORSE.

That says A LOT.

We really need a new definition for the word 'trying'.. They're definitely trying, but not in a good way.

Reply/Quote
I feel confident we'll have a new sing-song by season's end for the Fins.. "We suck more than you dooooo.. " orrrr.. " WE'RE NUMBER ONE at sucking!" Take your pick..

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They've been trying to fix the offensive line for 4-5 years...and it keeps getting WORSE.

That says A LOT.

I would bring this point up when the argument of "We need to fix the o line before we move on from Dalton" was a big talking point up until Dalton went 0-8.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know what this is all about.  I am not "dogging" Taylor

Try reading what I write instead of getting lost in your own head.

I have never changed my position.  I support winning and oppose losing.

If you want to complain about a winning record and support an 0-8 record that is your choice.
Did Zac make this team or was it comprised by Marvelous Marvin? Did you realistically think we were going to be a winning team with the roster we had? Did the loss of Boling ,Williams, Glenn. and Green impact the ability of the team to succeed? Railing about a coach because he benched your chosen pick to be QB is nothing short of idiotic.
Reply/Quote