Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are there any optimists left?
(11-02-2019, 08:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Calling someone who just made a bet stupid is a personal attack and against the rules. Be careful rule guy

There's a difference between calling a person or an act, stupid. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 08:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: While no one thinks this is some great roster...it's also not a 0-8 roster. This team has vastly under-achieved.

Dalton needed benched. He actually had a clean pocket a decent bit, but either rushed throws or his mechanics broke down. He was seeing pressure that wasn't there. His pocket presence was bad too.

And Zac...likely needs to hire an OC IF he doesn't improve the rest of the year. He's just not a good playcaller. Hire an OC like Jay Gruden and focus on being a Head Coach.

On defense, it's honestly hard to evaluate what they need there. More speed at LB is the obvious answer. The scheme seems to have issues. The players have no fire. They get no pressure. They blow coverages. The miss tackles. Vigil and Brown both need replaced.

Marvin needed to go after the playoff meltdown against the Steelers so that a new HC would get a pretty good roster. But, the Bengals waited 3 years too long. Which illustrates a major issue...how many owners keep a HC that's 0-7 in the playoffs for 3 more years after that 7th loss?
Well he stood with your boy Andy at least two games longer than he should have. You think Marvin was the second coming of Lombardi but his team got progressively worse the last three years. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 09:56 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Well he stood with your boy Andy at least two games longer than he should have. You think Marvin was the second coming of Lombardi but his team got progressively worse the last three years. 

couldn't replace what we lost on the field or with the coaches....   we lost some good coaches after 2015 too
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 08:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:  Which illustrates a major issue...how many owners keep a HC that's 0-7 in the playoffs for 3 more years after that 7th loss?

Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:56 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: 1

How many owners would hire a HC that failed as offensive coordinator for 1 year at UC, and also made Miami's offense worse when the took over for Bill Lazor at OC and was an assistant WR Coach, then QB Coach for 1 year with the Rams...And then surround him with an inexperienced staff?
Reply/Quote
I think Tate is gonna be a star if he continues to play like he’s been playing.
The bengals know how to draft WR’s.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 09:54 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I think Tate is gonna be a star if he continues to play like he’s been playing.

I wouldn't say star. IF you throw any NFL-caliber WR the ball 13 times a game...they'll put up numbers.

His catch rate is really low for amount of targets. Some of that is on the QB. Some of that is on the receiver.

Still, he does have atleast some potential. I just doubt that he's ever a Top 15 WR.

We throw the ball like 50 times a game under Zac. Some guys will put up numbers in that scheme. It has to happen.
Reply/Quote
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Can't we all get along ?

lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So your saying that they shouldn't wait until the first round to draft O-linemen?

Nope..I'm saying they'll wait for another dey to do anything that makes sense.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 03:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Can't we all get along ?

lol

The problem is we're all just in need of a hug and I'm hug adversed. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 03:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Can't we all get along ?

lol

Ever seen the A-Team movie? I can't help it, but I absolutely LOVE that movie. Such a fun, action movie.

"Alpha Mike Foxtrot. Adios, Mother F***er!"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
In other news I have to go to the can so there's that.. I'm optimistic everything will come out alright. 

Reply/Quote
I'm optimistic Mike Brown passes in the next 5 years....
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 03:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: The problem is we're all just in need of a hug and I'm hug adversed. 

That is a new profession. People pay for someone to come and hug them.

Man, I am 40 years late, I could have made millions, I am great hugger.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 12:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm optimistic Mike Brown passes in the next 5 years....

Dark optimism at its finest.  Sad

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 09:54 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I think Tate is gonna be a star if he continues to play like he’s been playing.

I hope you are correct as appears AJ may be on his way out.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 11:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wouldn't say star. IF you throw any NFL-caliber WR the ball 13 times a game...they'll put up numbers.

His catch rate is really low for amount of targets. Some of that is on the QB. Some of that is on the receiver.

Still, he does have atleast some potential. I just doubt that he's ever a Top 15 WR.

We throw the ball like 50 times a game under Zac. Some guys will put up numbers in that scheme. It has to happen.

Ok...so i'm just sayin...this is the kind of post that makes you look like a negative person. Previous to this you asked the question about Marv, which was legit. Then you asked who would hire Zac, which is iffy because others would. Now you have a guy with talent and while it's true his catch% is low, you seem to be disregarding his potential and ability to make a negative point. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 01:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok...so i'm just sayin...this is the kind of post that makes you look like a negative person. Previous to this you asked the question about Marv, which was legit. Then you asked who would hire Zac, which is iffy because others would. Now you have a guy with talent and while it's true his catch% is low, you seem to be disregarding his potential and ability to make a negative point. 

Tate has shown a tremendous ability to win hail Mary type one on one matchups making some great catches. He has also shown he has trouble separating thus the need to throw him 50/50 balls.

You took an optimistic half full position, he took the opposite and went half empty.

Al views should be welcome, we all disagree on various points. He is allowed to take negative views, we all are. I ten to be more positive than negative so disagree with a lot of negative views, but does not mean members should be called out for voicing their views. Hopefully that was not your intent, I don't think it was, but I could see how he would think it was. I bring it as we have so much conflict in the forum, I am trying hard to look in the mirror as I am guilty of creating conflict myself, I admit it. So, my answer is for me to try and do better. Of course, some will read this and say this post creates conflict. Let me be clear, I respect you and your contributions to the forum so not not my intent to create conflict.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 01:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok...so i'm just sayin...this is the kind of post that makes you look like a negative person. Previous to this you asked the question about Marv, which was legit. Then you asked who would hire Zac, which is iffy because others would. Now you have a guy with talent and while it's true his catch% is low, you seem to be disregarding his potential and ability to make a negative point. 

I basically said I don't think he'll be a star (top 15 WR). I don't think that's negative.

I think Tate could be a really good #3 WR. And maybe he becomes a quality #2.

That's excellent for a late round pick.

I just don't see him becoming a star WR.

re: Who would hire Zac? I think you'd see teams hire him as a QB Coach. I doubt any team would hire him as an OC or HC.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 01:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tate has shown a tremendous ability to win hail Mary type one on one matchups making some great catches. He has also shown he has trouble separating thus the need to throw him 50/50 balls.

You took an optimistic half full position, he took the opposite and went half empty.

Al views should be welcome, we all disagree on various points. He is allowed to take negative views, we all are. I ten to be more positive than negative so disagree with a lot of negative views, but does not mean members should be called out for voicing their views. Hopefully that was not your intent, I don't think it was, but I could see how he would think it was. I bring it as we have so much conflict in the forum, I am trying hard to look in the mirror as I am guilty of creating conflict myself, I admit it. So, my answer is for me to try and do better. Of course, some will read this and say this post creates conflict. Let me be clear, I respect you and your contributions to the forum so not not my intent to create conflict.

No, it wasn't my intent. I think he and i have established enough of a rapport that he won't take it wrong. I agree that all opinions are welcome and i've been sure to voice my negative opinions plenty of times as well. I was just saying that back to back to back posts, where the "accuracy" of the opinions diminish, makes it 'look' like you're only interested in posting negative things. 

I'm not trying to call anyone out for negativity, because i'm the last one on here with skins to do that. I'm in the same boat as you, with the intent to create less conflict (the intent of my post). 

Reply/Quote