Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we rolling with Sample as the starting TE?
(03-15-2022, 10:52 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I wouldn’t sleep on Thaddeus Moss and Drew Sample splitting time. Moss played with Chase and Burrow. I think with the poor OL Uzomah had to block more. Moss would be a better threat than C J. I expect they draft someone like Kolar around 4th

Moss would not be a better threat than CJ. Moss is a practice squad caliber player, nothing more. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And did anything major happen since then?

Well Gronk hasn't said anything yet. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:24 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Bengals don't utilize a FB.

I think that is the point. 
Reply/Quote
I like Howard, Conklin, Everett, and Firsker. Conklin makes a lot of sense and his age does too. Howard would be exciting for the upside, but I'll be surprised if it happens. Firsker would probably come cheap and has shown flashes of untapped potential.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:14 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think that is the point. 

Oooo that one went over my head. It's a tough one to catch in the wild since the only thing Sample is good at is blocking. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:52 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I wouldn’t sleep on Thaddeus Moss and Drew Sample splitting time. Moss played with Chase and Burrow. I think with the poor OL Uzomah had to block more. Moss would be a better threat than C J. I expect they draft someone like Kolar around 4th

Uzomah had to block well, because that is what is asked of the TE in the Bengals offense.  Blocker first, receiver as an afterthought.

(03-15-2022, 11:12 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That was before Brady came back. Gronk isn't coming here. 

^This
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Here's my hot take on the Gronk situation.

Bengals and Gronk's agent have been in talks for a minute. When Brady decided to be a b*tch, Gronk did a 180 (as expected) and is having a hard time getting Tampa to pony up what he's worth since they're not exactly rolling in the dough. He may feel obligated to pursue Cincinnati after jerking us off for the last month too. Either way, Gronk lands with a great QB. I'm not going to rule out Gronk to the Jungle just yet. Not until the deal is done.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Now that we've lost CJ, what do you think is Zac's plan? Is Sample the starting TE or do we potentially sign a FA? The draft has options, but I don't think anyone stands out as "must have" talent.

Thoughts?

The Bengals still have Thad Moss...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:17 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: Here's my hot take on the Gronk situation.

Bengals and Gronk's agent have been in talks for a minute. When Brady decided to be a b*tch, Gronk did a 180 (as expected) and is having a hard time getting Tampa to pony up what he's worth since they're not exactly rolling in the dough. He may feel obligated to pursue Cincinnati after jerking us off for the last month too. Either way, Gronk lands with a great QB. I'm not going to rule out Gronk to the Jungle just yet. Not until the deal is done.

Here is a TB reporter's take on it..

"Bucs have real cap incentives to get a deal done with Gronk before the new league year Wednesday afternoon. I don't think they're competing with any other team, as much as whether he returns or retires. New deal, new void years, shouldn't be hard to work out."

"Best chance of coming back is probably Gronkowski. Once Brady was back, hard to see him playing with any other QB."
Reply/Quote
No way. Lots of guys out there to grab. I like OJ Howard, Gerald Everett, Robert Tonyan, and my favorite Tyler Conklin
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:22 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Here is a TB reporter's take on it..

"Bucs have real cap incentives to get a deal done with Gronk before the new league year Wednesday afternoon. I don't think they're competing with any other team, as much as whether he returns or retires. New deal, new void years, shouldn't be hard to work out."

"Best chance of coming back is probably Gronkowski. Once Brady was back, hard to see him playing with any other QB."

I do know that it is very unlikely, but you never know. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:50 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is a situation where there is ‘technically’ a chance, but not really. Gronk isn’t coming here with Brady back. I think we will see someone like OJ Howard or Everett.

TB is against the cap wall. 
IF they haven't signed Gronk by now, it's unlikely they will.
So he's still on the table if you ask me. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Now that we've lost CJ, what do you think is Zac's plan? Is Sample the starting TE or do we potentially sign a FA? The draft has options, but I don't think anyone stands out as "must have" talent.

Thoughts?

This will get labeled as BS hype machine, but Thad Moss was very tough for our LBs to cover, supposedly. The injuries have derailed his chances, but if Sample is the blocker, Moss could be the receiver?

I hate to say it but you can’t have $10-12 million dollars invested at every player in every position group.

I kind of like the idea of a healthy Moss out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:25 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: TB is against the cap wall. 
IF they haven't signed Gronk by now, it's unlikely they will.
So he's still on the table if you ask me. 

They can work it out with void years. They are fine. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:12 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Moss would not be a better threat than CJ. Moss is a practice squad caliber player, nothing more. 

Moss is kind of small for a TE too. Saw a picture of him standing by the other TE's and he's just shorter and smaller.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:15 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Oooo that one went over my head. It's a tough one to catch in the wild since the only thing Sample is good at is blocking. 

Sure but I mean running seam routes. Uzomah had to stay in and block.
Reply/Quote
is Dallas TE Dalton Schultz available?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:34 AM)kalibengal Wrote: is Dallas TE Dalton Schultz available?

I think he was franchised. As was Njoku.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:12 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Moss would not be a better threat than CJ. Moss is a practice squad caliber player, nothing more. 

He’s a better receiver threat. I don’t think with Moss and Sample splitting time makes us where we were with C J. I think they draft a tight end. But the savings will help out. Roster decisions are a puzzle. It was never going to be strengthening this team in the OL w/o sacrifices elsewhere. Bates salary increase probably took Uzomah’s money. I’m sure $24 million and 3 years was risky in the FO eyes.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This will get labeled as BS hype machine, but Thad Moss was very tough for our LBs to cover, supposedly.  The injuries have derailed his chances, but if Sample is the blocker, Moss could be the receiver?

I hate to say it but you can’t have $10-12 million dollars invested at every player in every position group. 

I kind of like the idea of a healthy Moss out there.

How about $8 million?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote