Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we rolling with Sample as the starting TE?
(03-16-2022, 08:34 PM)Synric Wrote: To be fair theres been some deals and at key positions like this OJ Howard signing or Moses going to a rival. 

That’s why I wonder if they just weren’t interested in those people specifically.
Reply/Quote
Just reported Conklin to the Jets and Bengals were in on him.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 08:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just reported Conklin to the Jets and Bengals were in on him.

With what the Bengals said they were looking for at TE, and latest reports that he should be ready for the start of the season, I could see Robert Tonyan being in their sights...although there would be some risk there.
Reply/Quote
OJ Howard to Bills. 1 year $3.5 million. Worth up to $5 million with incentives.
Reply/Quote
If front office didn't have a plan why in the hell did we let CJ walk? I'm trying to remain positive here and we are coming off a SB and all so they get a little leeway but all this TE news feels like continual gut punches.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: OJ Howard to Bills. 1 year $3.5 million. Worth up to $5 million with incentives.

Best price/potential combo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:37 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If front office didn't have a plan why in the hell did we let CJ walk? I'm trying to remain positive here and we are coming off a SB and all so they get a little leeway but all this TE news feels like continual gut punches.

this is why

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Moss was Burrow’s TE at LSU and never dropped a pass. He’s a solid blocker to boot but the question is can he stay healthy. If he can, the Bengals definitely have something.
Reply/Quote
Let's try and maintain perspective that our offense has Chase, Higgins, and Boyd catching passes. Yes, it's good to have a quality TE but we are not in doom & gloom territory by not signing average NFL TEs.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:37 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If front office didn't have a plan why in the hell did we let CJ walk? I'm trying to remain positive here and we are coming off a SB and all so they get a little leeway but all this TE news feels like continual gut punches.

Bills, Broncos, Ravens, Steelers, and Chargers all getting better on paper.
Reply/Quote
Could buy low on Robert Tonyan. He's expected to be ready for the start of the season after ACL surgery in October.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:59 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: Moss was Burrow’s TE at LSU and never dropped a pass. He’s a solid blocker to boot but the question is can he stay healthy. If he can, the Bengals definitely have something.

I don't think he has nfl size.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Let's try and maintain perspective that our offense has Chase, Higgins, and Boyd catching passes. Yes, it's good to have a quality TE but we are not in doom & gloom territory by not signing average NFL TEs.

The other afc contenders are upgrading...and most had less cap space than us. It's still early yet though.
Reply/Quote
Conklin got 21 million over 3 which again seemed high.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:59 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: Moss was Burrow’s TE at LSU and never dropped a pass. He’s a solid blocker to boot but the question is can he stay healthy. If he can, the Bengals definitely have something.

I am thinking Thaddeus is gonna get a shot and I welcome it regardless of who we pick up or draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The other afc contenders are upgrading...and most had less cap space than us. It's still early yet though.

We upgraded as well, right? 2 OL thus far.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Let's try and maintain perspective that our offense has Chase, Higgins, and Boyd catching passes. Yes, it's good to have a quality TE but we are not in doom & gloom territory by not signing average NFL TEs.

Agree and believe RT or Center is a much bigger concern. Would like to sign a TE and they probably will since they were swinging for Conklin. 

But not panicking on TE with our WR's as much as the O-line or even CB position. 

Yet I believe they will piece it all together when its all said and done, so still enjoying my popcorn.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Anyone holding out hope for Gronk, this should kill it. Recording of Gronk in a Tampa barber shop saying there is a "very good chance" he is back. He just wants to make Brady sweat a little bit.

https://twitter.com/ZacOnTheMic/status/1504225128057610241
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't think he has nfl size.

Delanie Walker was 6'2", 248 lbs.

Moss is 6'3", 249 lbs.

He has NFL size. Just not prototypical size (6'5")
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Anyone holding out hope for Gronk, this should kill it. Recording of Gronk in a Tampa barber shop saying there is a "very good chance" he is back. He just wants to make Brady sweat a little bit.

https://twitter.com/ZacOnTheMic/status/1504225128057610241

Would be exciting getting Gronk but really just think it would be a bandaid and would rather go different direction. 

Plus don't see him being real happy here sharing catches with Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon and could become a distraction even. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote