Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
As Exciting And Rewarding This Season Has Been so Far I'm shaking My Head..
At the thought of the Steelers handing us our first loss. Theres disliking another team, and theres pure hatred. I can't stand the Steelers more than words can express and if we can go in there Sunday and keep the maturity and hunger in place we will be leaving there with a win. I feel this Sunday is going to test our team emotionally more than any game this season, especially after the Steelers swept us last year and took the division from us.

That team always gets the better of us year in and out (with the exception of the 09 season). It would truly be a huge turning point to leave there with a win and going 7-0 for the first time in franchise history.

Having said that I leave you with what I hope the Bengals will be doing with the terrible towels after Sunday's game!

[Image: ff7e96c2-78f9-467b-84cb-ffb298c007e6_500.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: At the thought of the Steelers handing us our first loss. Theres disliking another team, and theres pure hatred. I can't stand the Steelers more than words can express and if we can go in there Sunday and keep the maturity and hunger in place we will be leaving there with a win. I feel this Sunday is going to test our team emotionally more than any game this season, especially after the Steelers swept us last year and took the division from us.

That team always gets the better of us year in and out (with the exception of the 09 season). It would truly be a huge turning point to leave there with a win and going 7-0 for the first time in franchise history.

Having said that I leave you with what I hope the Bengals will be doing with the terrible towels after Sunday's game!

[Image: ff7e96c2-78f9-467b-84cb-ffb298c007e6_500.jpg]

We are a much better team than last year and we still almost came away with a victory.  I like our chances of leaving Ketchup field with a win.  
Reply/Quote
I guess I just look at it like this: If one midseason loss to a really strong team puts the Bengals in the tank for the rest of the 9 games left.... Then they weren't really made of that special stuff to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 02:04 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: We are a much better team than last year and we still almost came away with a victory.  I like our chances of leaving Ketchup field with a win.  

This team is the only team that has the same 53 man roster that they had in week 1.

Steelers are known for getting pleasure out of hurting Bengals.

Having said that, this is the Bengal team that has the best chance to rewrite some franchise history for the next 3 Sundays.

Come out of Pittsburgh with a win, AND no major long term injuries AND, overcome the 'big stage game' stage fright, they've had since their birth in 1968, the 2 following Sundays.  They cannot be expected to win big stage playoff games if they cannot start winning the big stage (prime time) season games.

After that, I don't think ANYONE could NOT take them serious!
Reply/Quote
The only thing I am shaking my head at is the thought of having to watch 3 hours of a team in an AWFUL bumble bee looking uniform. Not sure if my eyes can take it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
to get to our best ever start we have to go thru pittsburgh it seems fitting... Time to take that win now and make history.

Its never easy but this will be our first crack at them without Lebeau
Reply/Quote
If this team loses their composure at 6-1, then we don't need to worry about the Super Bowl.

Losing to the Steelers sucks, but it won't be the end of the world for us. Keep in mind that Pittsburgh will be playing with their big 3 together while dressed like bumble bees. If we do lose, then we move onto Cleveland and Houston and hope for 8-1.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I say it's time to go in there smelling blood......Ben is wounded? Attack that sumbitch every play with everything you have. Win or lose, knock that punk to the turf every single down if you can. To hell with the penalties.....but that's just me and my bloodlust vengeance speaking.... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 04:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: I say it's time to go in there smelling blood......Ben is wounded? Attack that sumbitch every play with everything you have.  Win or lose, knock that punk to the turf every single down if you can.  To hell with the penalties.....but that's just me and my bloodlust vengeance speaking.... LMAO

I'm hoping this team is different when it comes to dealing with an injured Steelers team. It seemed like so many time we'd face them while they had a major injury or two and we didn't take advantage at all. Ben would be battered and bruised and yet we'd never touch him. One or two of his OL would be out for the game and replaced by garbage, yet Ben had a clean pocket and their RBs would run wherever they wanted.

I just want us to come out and actually take advantage of their injuries.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 04:45 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm hoping this team is different when it comes to dealing with an injured Steelers team. It seemed like so many time we'd face them while they had a major injury or two and we didn't take advantage at all. Ben would be battered and bruised and yet we'd never touch him. One or two of his OL would be out for the game and replaced by garbage, yet Ben had a clean pocket and their RBs would run wherever they wanted.

I just want us to come out and actually take advantage of their injuries.

Me too brother.....that, and smack them in the mouth for a change.  It's time for US to be the bullies if we're going to take over this division.  It HAS to happen sometime soon, or it never will.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I know we have to lose one eventually (during the regular season), I just hope the football gods are on our side for one more week (then I promise I'll handle our first loss with a little perspective). The thought that the Steelers will ruin our streak.........I just don't want to even think about it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 04:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Me too brother.....that, and smack them in the mouth for a change.  It's time for US to be the bullies if we're going to take over this division.  It HAS to happen sometime soon, or it never will.

Exactly!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 04:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: I say it's time to go in there smelling blood......Ben is wounded? Attack that sumbitch every play with everything you have.  Win or lose, knock that punk to the turf every single down if you can.  To hell with the penalties.....but that's just me and my bloodlust vengeance speaking.... LMAO

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa....  I've been waiting for that tool to get back for weeks now so my number 1 fantasy pick (Antonio Brown... system WR extraordinaire) will be relevant again.  Let's take it out on Bell one more time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 06:13 PM)jason Wrote: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa....  I've been waiting for that tool to get back for weeks now so my number 1 fantasy pick (Antonio Brown... system WR extraordinaire) will be relevant again.  Let's take it out on Bell one more time.

im benching Brown this week i just cant root for him on my fantasy team vs the bengals...
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: im benching Brown this week i just cant root for him on my fantasy team vs the bengals...

Now there's a true fan. Rep.
Reply/Quote
Yeah losing to the Steelers would be the worst way to end our unbeaten streak. I know both teams are going to be up for it...well other than Burfict from the sound of it. Too bad, but give him the time he needs to heal. Anyways, our lines can win this game for us (just like they've been a huge part of our other wins), here's hoping they have a great day.

Reply/Quote
Yes losing to the Steelers sucks bad but it could happen because they will be extremely hungry. A loss to us puts them pretty much out of the division race. Still, if we must lose to the Steelers i'd rather it be this game than the one at home or possibly the playoffs because of the old saying about beating the same team 3 times in the same season. Also a loss could re energize us for the remaining portion of the season w/ my point being if we are going to slump, do it now.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 07:58 PM)Beaker Wrote: Now there's a true fan. Rep.

Meh. If you're going to bench every player that plays your team, why play fantasy? I'm not benching LeVeon Bell this week because it'd be dumb to do so. Thing is, I'll always put my real team ahead of the fantasy one. I hope Bell has 0 yards, but I'm smart enough to realize that's not likely to happen.

That does not make me less of a fan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 06:13 PM)jason Wrote: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa....  I've been waiting for that tool to get back for weeks now so my number 1 fantasy pick (Antonio Brown... system WR extraordinaire) will be relevant again.  Let's take it out on Bell one more time.

You're going to hell
Reply/Quote
Motivation is everything. The steelers HAVE to win this game. It's at home, and if they lose, they will fall four full games back in the loss column (five, really, since head-to-head). It will be tough for the Bengals to match their desire. The Bengals don't NEED this win. It would be great, and they will come out firing, but it is going to be difficult for sure.

If putzburg wins, it doesn't end the Bengals season. They simply have to even them up when they come to PBS.

However....if the Bengals can win this game....they have a shot....at going 16-0. I'm not joking. The AZ game will be a very difficult travel on a short week, but they can (and just might) win them all if they get the win this weekend.

They could be 9-0 heading to AZ. If you get to 10-0, they are going to start thinking about it. Don't come back at me with "one game at a time". I'm not a player, I'm a fan....and I can look ahead without any ramifications to the team.

The Bengals are playing with house money. The steelers have everything to lose here. If the Bengals can avoid a big play to Bryant, Bell, or Brown then I think it is a slug fest and the Bengals simply have the better defense.

I am beyond excited for this game. Who-dey!!!
Reply/Quote