Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As Much As We Love Mixon...
Tiger

I love Mixon and have went to bat for him on the board quite a bit but its restructuring time. Does he have to No but should he...Yes

I'll say this until I'm blue in the face that the league is moving away from the high priced running backs and 6'6 defensive ends. Micha Parsons changed the game and everyone is open to 235-245 rushers. The runner that can be lightning in a bottle 3-7 in the draft. Its really just an interesting discussion. 

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 10:59 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I love Mixon and have went to bat for him on the board quite a bit but its restructuring time. Does he have to No but should he...Yes

I'll say this until I'm blue in the face that the league is moving away from the high priced running backs and 6'6 defensive ends. Micha Parsons changed the game and everyone is open to 235-245 rushers. The runner that can be lightning in a bottle 3-7 in the draft. Its really just an interesting discussion. 

Tall defensive ends will never go out of style.

But I’m all for cutting Mixon
Reply/Quote
It's hard to win a SB when you have an expensive RB.

It's even harder when that expensive RB is playing like a backup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If I'm not mistaken, Mixon pretty much suggested he'd restructure his contract to stay here.
I think he'll need to give up quite a bit though.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:18 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, Mixon pretty much suggested he'd restructure his contract to stay here.

I haven't seen that?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:18 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, Mixon pretty much suggested he'd restructure his contract to stay here.

Would do that for existing contract if he wanted to do so,  but don't feel its wise to re-sign Mixon.

Nothing against Joe and he is still a good runner but he has a lot of mileage and cant block his way out of a wet paper bag. 

Fresher legs on a rookie deal is the way to go with an elite yet soon to be very expensive QB weighing down the cap space. 

Hopefully one that can block  better

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 03:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I haven't seen that?

I don’t think he said that. He did say he wants to spend his career in Cincinnati and may have said he’ll do whatever it takes, so it’s probably an assumption regarding his contract.
Reply/Quote
JMHO and no intel but I will be shocked if they do anything with Joe Mixon. I won’t be surprised if they sign Samaje Perine to a modest 2-3 year deal.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 09:56 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: JMHO and no intel but I will be shocked if they do anything with Joe Mixon. I won’t be surprised if they sign Samaje Perine to a modest 2-3 year deal.

They cannot invest more money at HB if nothing is done with Mixon. We have already invested too much at this point. With Aaron Jones today restructuring his deal over getting cut I do think the door is open for Mixon to do the same thing.
Reply/Quote
I'm a Mixon homer too, but he does need to be restructured. He's reaching the point in which his effectiveness will begin to drop precipitously, and RB is easily the most fungible commodity in football. There's really no need to commit major buxxxx to a running back anymore.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Ole Joe will be a hot topic this off-season.

He’s a great locker room guy but he isn’t putting enough on the field to warrant his salary imo. I like him but I really feel like Perine-Pratt-rookie is a better way to go.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 10:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: They cannot invest more money at HB if nothing is done with Mixon. We have already invested too much at this point. With Aaron Jones today restructuring his deal over getting cut I do think the door is open for Mixon to do the same thing.

They could ask him to restructure but I doubt it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I'm drooling over Bijan Robinson. I like the idea of using the 1st round pick on him even if it is no longer passé to take a RB early.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm drooling over Bijan Robinson. I like the idea of using the 1st round pick on him even if it is no longer passé to take a RB early.

Please no. How many first round rb’s win a Super Bowl?

Round 1 needs to be the best of: OL, DL. That’s it. We’re not in a position to take “best available player”. We’re not building for the future, we’re building to win now.

And hot take: we need to draft a WR early. We need more speed. We need someone that can beat 1 on 1 for deep routes
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm drooling over Bijan Robinson. I like the idea of using the 1st round pick on him even if it is no longer passé to take a RB early.

You'd be better off getting his Texas running mate Roschon Johnson on Day 3
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:35 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Please no. How many first round rb’s win a Super Bowl?

Round 1 needs to be the best of: OL, DL. That’s it. We’re not in a position to take “best available player”. We’re not building for the future, we’re building to win now.

And hot take: we need to draft a WR early. We need more speed. We need someone that can beat 1 on 1 for deep routes

Eh, I think that's better examined about "how many first round RBs drafted in the top 10 win the Super Bowl?" The bad teams cannot afford to take a RB with a high pick, but I'm arguing that a team in contention can afford to add the skill player. A stud RB helps win now.

That said, the two positions you propose also help the squad win now.
Reply/Quote
I miss tall Defensive ends on the bengals

Dunlap/Michael Johnson batted down a lot of passes.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:35 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Please no. How many first round rb’s win a Super Bowl?

Most recently Clyde Edwards Helaire for KC
Reply/Quote
No real evidence, but I just get the feeling Mixon is gone. I've not heard MB, Zac, or even Callahan mention anything recently about Mixon being an important part of the team. They've said that about Burrow, Reader, Chido, Chase, Higgins, but not Mixon.

I wish him well, wherever he ends up. But, I don't think it's here.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:35 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Please no. How many first round rb’s win a Super Bowl?

Most recently, if it weren't for running out of Quarterbacks in the NCCCG, Christian McCaffrey and the 9ers would probably have won the Super Bowl this year. 
Reply/Quote