Poll: KC or Baltimore
Chiefs
Ravens
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
As a Bengals fan, who to root for ...
(01-22-2024, 09:49 PM)jason Wrote: **** em both... The Lions are my NFC squad.

I hate to root for the 49ers but Im afraid the Lions wont beat the Ravens or Chiefs, and I really dont want either being SB Champs.

Reply/Quote
You guys realize the Ravens absolutely curb stomped the Lions 38-6 right?

Detroit (if they make it like we all want) would probably have a much better chance against KC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Lions is the only choice.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:38 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Lions is the only choice.

They cant beat the Ravens, and likely not KC.   I like the Lions the best out of the 4 but the NFC has to win the SB this year.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: They cant beat the Ravens, and likely not KC.   I like the Lions the best out of the 4 but the NFC has to win the SB this year.

Idk if I trust Shanahan and Purdy in the big game though. As crazy as it sounds I could actually see the Lions winning it if it’s against KC.

Reply/Quote
I’ll take the Lions.

First of all, they began life as the Portsmouth Spartans way back in the Cretaceous Period. In fact, that team is so old they were originally named the Saber Tooth Tigers.

If Detroit goes to the Super Bowl, it will further marginalize Cleveland as one of the only teams who has not been there. Therefore I hope the Lions win this weekend.

With all that being said, I do not see anybody but Baltimore winning the whole thing. As long as they beat the Kansas City Taylor Swifts this weekend it won’t be a total loss.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk if I trust Shanahan and Purdy in the big game though. As crazy as it sounds I could actually see the Lions winning it.

Ravens crushed the Lions, and if not for 10 drops and hand off pick sixes KC beats them in the 1st game.  I love their team.

As long as the 49ers get a lead they can win the game.  If they are down by only 1 headed into the 4th Qtr I have zero confidence in SF.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Ravens crushed the Lions, and if not for 10 drops and hand off pick sixes KC beats them in the 1st game.  I love their team.

As long as the 49ers get a lead they can win the game.  If they are down by only 1 headed into the 4th Qtr I have zero confidence in SF.

Shanahan has blown 2 leads in the Super Bowl though…

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why in the world would he retire? He’s only 65 and he has the best QB in the world in his prime. He could win several more rings.

He will be 66 in March.

With his weight issues, he may have less than 20 years to live.

I said "more likely" to retire.  Maybe he wants to Coach on and on or maybe he considers Retirement to some degree.

Neither of us know what he is thinking but you could be right.

If the Chiefs win another Super Bowl then he more likely stays to try to keep a Streak going.

If the Chiefs lose to the Ravens, he faces losing Chris Jones to Free Agency next year, Kelce is aging, Mahomes is costly etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: He will be 66 in March.

I said "more likely" to retire.  Maybe he wants to Coach on and on or maybe he considers Retirement to some degree.

If the Chiefs win another Super Bowl then he more likely stays to try to keep a Streak going.

If the Chiefs lose to the Ravens, he faces losing Chris Jones to Free Agency next year, Kelce is aging, Mahomes is costly etc.

Reid is under contract for $12M per year through 2026.  Win or Lose, the guy is going nowhere.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: He will be 66 in March.

Explain it again, only this time with those nuggies...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Reid is under contract for $12M per year through 2026.  Win or Lose, the guy is going nowhere.

(01-23-2024, 02:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Explain it again, only this time with those nuggies...

The $12M per year through 2026 is a strong point.

As to Nuggies, NFL Head Coaching can be a Grind when losing. Easier if winning. Harder on ones Health if losing.

Then there could be Family issues or wanting to do other things with Time left to live.

*Having Mahomes, $12M per year etc likely would out weigh my Nuggies for Retiring.

Always that chance he Retires but maybe I listened to that guy on the Colin Cowherd Show too much on this one.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Explain it again, only this time with those nuggies...

Hilarious

As much as I dislike the Chiefs, Andy Reid makes me laugh. Cannot help but like the guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You guys realize the Ravens absolutely curb stomped the Lions 38-6 right?

Detroit  (if they make it like we all want) would probably have a much better chance against KC.

Forgot about that. Too late to change my vote though.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:36 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I hate to root for the 49ers but Im afraid the Lions wont beat the Ravens or Chiefs, and I really dont want either being SB Champs.

They already beat KC this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You guys realize the Ravens absolutely curb stomped the Lions 38-6 right?

Detroit (if they make it like we all want) would probably have a much better chance against KC.

They did... But that game was outdoors in the wind. That's Goff's kryptonite. I know he isn't Superman. Figure of speech... The Ravens ARE rolling at the moment for sure though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:47 PM)jason Wrote: They did... But that game was outdoors in the wind. That's Goff's kryptonite. I know he isn't Superman. Figure of speech... The Ravens ARE rolling at the moment for sure though.

Yeah, I think if they played again the Lions would give them a lot better game. But still, the Ravens are the favorites to win it all for sure no matter
who they play. I think they are going to beat down the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 02:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I couldn’t care less about the Taylor Swift stuff compared to rooting for a division rival.

Ravens fans were chanting “F Joe Burrow” the night he got hurt, and Roquan Smith doubled down with his “that happens when you play the Ravens” bullshit.

**** em.

Gimme Lions/Chiefs.

I am totally down with this.  I am not a Swiftie but got nothing against her or her boyfriend. She's cute, he's good.  Mahomes whines almost as much as his wife but he gives a ton of respect to Burrow and the Bengals.  My son went to the playoff game at KC last year and he said he was treated well.  Reid reminds me of everybody's grandfather.

On the other hand -- I despise all the Harbaughs.  The face of the franchise is a literal murderer.  Art Modell screwed over Paul Brown and the entire city of Cleveland (got no particular love for the city, but they didn't deserve that).  Ravens fans are classless douchebags.  

As an earlier poster said, it's not that difficult a choice.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:46 PM)jason Wrote: They already beat KC this year.

I watched it.  KC had multiple dropped passes, Lions had a faked punt, and the Chiefs gifted a pick 6.  I dont see the Lions being this lucky again.

Reply/Quote
For me, rooting interests:
1. Lions
2. 49ers
3. Ravens
4. Chiefs

Likelihood to win:
1. Ravens
2. Chiefs
3. 49ers
4. Lions
Reply/Quote