Poll: KC or Baltimore
Chiefs
Ravens
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
As a Bengals fan, who to root for ...
(01-23-2024, 03:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I watched it.  KC had multiple dropped passes, Lions had a faked punt, and the Chiefs gifted a pick 6.  I dont see the Lions being this lucky again.

To play devil's advocate... Jahmyr Gibbs wasn't a thing yet for Detroit back then... Also of the four remaining teams, the Lions are the only ones with any team of destiny cred. The lovable losers that may have finally arrived. The NFC Bengals if you will. In summation God and the universe want them to win.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 03:47 PM)jason Wrote: To play devil's advocate... Jahmyr Gibbs wasn't a thing yet for Detroit back then... Also of the four remaining teams, the Lions are the only ones with any team of destiny cred. The lovable losers that may have finally arrived. The NFC Bengals if you will. In summation God and the universe want them to win.

The Lions are by far my favorite team left, I just dont have that much confidence in them.  I'll be very happy to be proven wrong.

Reply/Quote
This is so perfect. :lol:

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 09:42 AM)Nepa Wrote: And I really don't want to hear Tony Romo ever again, after his slobbering all over Mahomes and Allen as the new Brady-Manning.

Mahomes I understand. He's been the best QB in the NFL the last six years, has two MVPs, won two Super Bowls, and has been to six straight AFC championship games.

But Allen?  Allen hasn't won any MVPs, hasn't been to the Super Bowl, and hardly wins any playoff games. Last night, he did everything with his legs. With his arms, he threw the ball 39 times, missed 13 times, and had only 186 yards. He missed seeing wide-open receivers. He fumbled the ball, although Buffalo recovered.  No way is Allen on the same level as Mahomes.

That irked me too. We just forgetting Joey Franchise because he was injured? 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 02:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Here's some really stupid stuff that no one here will agree with:

If the Ravens beat the Chiefs, then that will make Lamar have just as many wins against the Chiefs in the playoffs as the Bengals do.

And I don't like that.

I like that the Bengals are currently the only Non-Brady team to have ever denied the Chiefs from winning the Super Bowl with Patrick Mahomes as their QB.

So I want to keep that going.

This comes with the added benefit that the Ravens, our hated rivals who cheered and chanted when Joe Burrow as injured, don't make it to the Super Bowl.

Then, obviously, I want the Lions to beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

I dunno man, you make a very valid point.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 09:49 PM)jason Wrote: **** em both... The Lions are my NFC squad.

This is the correct answer.

Reply/Quote
I'm rooting for the Ravens, so that they can lose the Super Bowl to Detroit and have themselves a nice little Super Bowl losers hangover next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 02:56 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I'm rooting for the Ravens, so that they can lose the Super Bowl to Detroit and have themselves a nice little Super Bowl losers hangover next season.

Like we did in 2022?  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ravens fans and Harbaugh as well ("was it even necessary") and quite a few analysts (Bart Scott) blamed the Bengals and Logan Wilson for Mark Andrews' injury, and he misses exactly one (!) playoff game. He is back for the most important games, being this and the Super Bowl if the Ravens make it. No slight on Andrews, btw, who didn't blame Wilson or the hip-drop tackle. A few other Ravens players were also supportive of Wilson; especially Patrick Queen: ""But at the end of the day, we play football. We play a tackling sport. I don't think a hip drop tackle is that bad of a thing. How else do you want us to tackle? Just let the guy run past you?"

But Burrow had his season lost from a Raven's tackle and all we heard about for a week was the hip-drop tackle, and the "dirty play" of Logan Wilson, and Harbaugh's fanning the flames against Logan Wilson. And Bengals fans didn't take their anger out on the Ravens for Burrow's injury, but the Bengals OL.

Add to this the Ravens fans who cheered Burrow's injury, combined with the classless Harbaugh and Ravens fans leading criticism against Logan Wilson, and I really can't support the Ravens. Not so much the Ravens players, and I enjoy watching Lamar play, but I'll take the KC and Bills fans any day of the week over the Ravens fans.
Reply/Quote
I voted for the Chiefs,but in all likelihood,the Ravens are likely to win it all.Like them or not,this team is the epitome of a Super Bowl team.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 12:48 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I voted for the Chiefs,but in all likelihood,the Ravens are likely to win it all.Like them or not,this team is the epitome of a Super Bowl team.

Once the game starts, I will probably want the Ravens to beat the Chiefs.

Then root against the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

Best of both Worlds, maybe...
Reply/Quote
Please anybody BUT the Chiefs. They had their Super Bowls. Want to see the Lions in the Super Bowl all the way!
Ready for May Day and Spring Fever!
Reply/Quote
Sucky as we are making it, for all we talk about the Bengals excelling when they are the overlooked underdog the ravens or chiefs winning and becoming NFL darlings should help us more than the Lions becoming the feel good woebegone franchise revival we thought we were going to be.

We'd have all off-season to talk about how pissed off and disrespected we are and get high on our own revenge tour.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 05:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Sucky as we are making it, for all we talk about the Bengals excelling when they are the overlooked underdog the ravens or chiefs winning and becoming NFL darlings should help us more than the Lions becoming the feel good woebegone franchise revival we thought we were going to be.

We'd have all off-season to talk about how pissed off and disrespected we are and get high on our own revenge tour.

We gon do that anyway.....

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 11:55 AM)Destro Wrote: Both teams forfeit the game due to misconduct. All other AFC teams lost in the playoffs, hence, cannot be AFC champions. This leaves the next team in line to be the Cincinnati Bengals. The Bengals go on the the Super Bowl where they beat the San Francisco 49ers 35-10.
Joe Montana is seen visibly weeping in the stands.
Burrow, Browning and Boomer smoke cigars while hoisting the trophy.
Pac-Man jones is arrested in the victory parade.

Since my first option isn't going to work, apparently, I'll say Ravens, but I have selfish reasons ( nod to The Godfather ).

DC/Balt area for me. Will make traffic better without a bunch of angry Ravens fans on the road. Come the Super Bowl, they can lose to the Lions.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
My rankings of teams to root for other than the Bengals:

1. Lions
86. 49ers
195c%n!82c6098*nt109s68f12098. Chiefs
1f059r87~^1hg2560h89s7$e0;91'56/0@10. Ravens
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You know how bad it is when I voted for the Ravens, that is how much I dislike Kelce, the Chiefs and the swiftees lol

Of course I am rooting for the Lions to win the entire thing.

My exact thoughts. 
Reply/Quote
I'll take the Ravens and then hope they get embarrassed in the Super Bowl.

Don't care who wins in the NFC although I would lean Lions
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The Stoolers are the only team I would not root for over the Chiefs. Cant do it even though I’m so tired of the Chiefs getting to the SB.

I can live with Rats.

I have a feeling they will be a problem for us for years. They are SICK-stacked.

Out of the blue, Lamar also became a borderline elite passer too?

WTH … and with THAT D?

They may go on a serious dynasty run.

Hate to admit it.
Reply/Quote
The ravens MUST lose.
Reply/Quote