Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
As figured, no changes coming
Zac doesn't need to be calling his plays, he showed me nothing this first year in the play calling department
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Number 1 Zac has to relinquish play calling duties. Number 2 i think they have to try and get Bill Callahan here in some kind of role. Im not completely sold on Anarumo either so if i viable dc is open and willing to come here then we need to do it. Cant afford another year of 12 games to get going
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 03:00 AM)PDub80 Wrote: The guy literally just finished a season yesterday and you guys think he will come out and just announce to the entire league everything the Bengals are thinking of doing?

GTFOut of here with that dumb &$#× !

He said they were going to start evaluating, etc etc. WTF is he supposed to do? Stop with the knee jerk foot stomping cry baby stuff.

This! I don't know why fans expect the Bengals organization to announce every intention they have. "Hold that stuff close to the vest and do not let other teams know what you are going to do" is something the Bengals do well. 
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is losing sleep from the Burrow pick possibility. Probably Carson appears in his dreams lately. Hehe
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 10:31 AM)bengaloo Wrote: After getting AJ's major endorsement, Im not expecting any changes to staff at all unless someone leaves on their own will. Bernard, Kirkpatrick and Green have all at this point praised Zac for keeping them united even during all the losses, and think hes a great coach and will win here and turn it around. No doubt Mike Brown hears that loud and clear.

To be honest I assumed AJ was on the sidelines shaking his head all year and hoping to escape this mess and find a better team to play for. I didnt expect him to say much at all until they figure out his contract situation, so him basically saying he wants to stay here and play for Zac Taylor, who he thinks is a great coach was a little surprising when I saw it last night.

Add that with Mixon stating he wants to be a Bengal for life. There are a lot of mountains this team faced this year and next year will be better. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 12:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Add that with Mixon stating he wants to be a Bengal for life. There are a lot of mountains this team faced this year and next year will be better. 

Honestly...how can they not be better?

Winning against the Browns felt like over achieving in some ways.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bringing in Bill Callahan would be nice, but you know Zac’s boy Turner isn’t going anywhere. Maybe he’d be willing to take some kind of special offensive assistant position to work with his son?

Maybe Sherman comes in too.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 12:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...how can they not be better?

Winning against the Browns felt like over achieving in some ways.

Careful, the 1-15 Browns could only get better and then went 0-16.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 10:04 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Not all of those were on the D though. There's at least a couple of pick 6s in there, a muffed catch on special teams gifting points just before the interval etc. Anyone got the figures for just the D points conceded?

If you want to criticize them for only playing two teams with a winning record in the second half you also need to cut them some slack for playing such a tough first half schedule - overall they still had the toughest schedule in the NFL.

LOL @ at seguing from "people act like being on the job longer makes a coach better" to "this staff needs 
By experience...I mean they should have hired atleast 1 proven coach. My statements are congruent.
We have 3 inexperienced coaches who have a mess to figure out. Simply giving them more months may not help. Its trial and error.
Why not add a coach that's seen this and adapted.
For example, Pollack knew how to run the ball with a bad line last year. These guys too 8 games, and basically copied what Pollack did.
Reply/Quote
For those of you who wanted JDR.
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 12:51 PM)TheBengals Wrote: For those of you who wanted JDR.
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Son of a *****

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 10:38 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It is a very real fear. We've, over the last decade + watched two pretty good QB's go down the drain because MB won't do what it takes to build a winner.

My biggest fear is we're going to go thru another cookie cutter MB offseason. Retain 95% of the current roster. Get a B- free agent and a C+. Trade nobody for picks. Rely 100% on the 7 picks we have. Stay the course !

And we'll slowly watch QB #3 erode like the others.

Agreed my biggest fear is not maximizing the Joe Borrow window which starts the moment you draft him. Outside of Hopkins who just got signed there are no other must resign Bengals players. The Bengals always preach drafting and resigning there own but with multiple bad drafts there aren’t any must signs on the current roster this year. That coupled with the fact you can move on from guys like Dalton and Glenn in theory you have no reason not to sign a few good free agents.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 12:51 PM)TheBengals Wrote: For those of you who wanted JDR.

That bridge was burned the second they let him leave the building.  They were never going to bring him back to the table.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 01:11 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed my biggest fear is not maximizing the Joe Borrow window which starts the moment you draft him. Outside of Hopkins who just got signed there are no other must resign Bengals players. The Bengals always preach drafting and resigning there own but with multiple bad drafts there aren’t any must signs on the current roster this year. That coupled with the fact you can move on from guys like Dalton and Glenn in theory you have no reason not to sign a few good free agents.

You have to re-sign Billings or Tupou. Preferably both. And Eifert unless you want to roll with just Uzomah and Sample...

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 01:11 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed my biggest fear is not maximizing the Joe Borrow window which starts the moment you draft him. Outside of Hopkins who just got signed there are no other must resign Bengals players. The Bengals always preach drafting and resigning there own but with multiple bad drafts there aren’t any must signs on the current roster this year. That coupled with the fact you can move on from guys like Dalton and Glenn in theory you have no reason not to sign a few good free agents.

What about AJ Green's compensatory pick?

Also what rookie QBs have won a SB? I don't see the Burrow window opening until at least 2021.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 09:31 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: 43.75% scoring TD's in the Red Zone, good for 30th in the NFL.

Clean that up and well..

We could probably get Kitchens or Hue to come here and be our OC.

It's worth pointing out that the Bengals have grown in the area of Red Zone scoring.

While you are right in their 43.75%, they are 12th in the league over the past 3 games at 70%.
It's possible that the FO sees this improvement as a reason to keep the staff together.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 01:17 PM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: What about AJ Green's compensatory pick?

Also what rookie QBs have won a SB? I don't see the Burrow window opening until at least 2021.

Never said anything about winning a super bowl lol. You start putting young talent around him in 2020 so a young core can grow and develop together and hopefully within a few years you have a competitor. This roster is awful and will take a few years to build up can’t do it in a single season.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 01:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You have to re-sign Billings or Tupou. Preferably both. And Eifert unless you want to roll with just Uzomah and Sample...

An average 4-3 DT shouldn’t be that expensive. Eifert is older and this is the only season he played 16 games by the time this team is good Eifert will be past his prime. Plus we just drafted Sample is round 2 , if you draft a TE in round 2 he should be a starter or else it’s a bad pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 01:31 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Never said anything about winning a super bowl lol. You start putting young talent around him in 2020 so a young core can grow and develop together and hopefully within a few years you have a competitor. This roster is awful and will take a few years to build up can’t do it in a single season.

Not true year in today's NFL. Falcons went from worst to 1st in 1 year, did they not?
Reply/Quote
Oh there will be changes for sure. The qb assisant coach might be replaced. There apparently will be a job opening for ticket sales, which seems odd since no one will be buying any. Um the assistant linebacker coach might be replaced too. Lets see what else. Oh the front office will see a massive change as instead of having frozen cooked thawed out shrimp during home games, they will upgrade to freshly cooked shrimp with rumors some may be bacon wrapped.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote