Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
At the pep rally
(02-07-2022, 11:35 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Wait, are there actually people on this board who still don't know that Trademark is a closet Steelers troll?

Ban
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Couple of thoughts....
Uzo throwing out the "Nasty 'Nati".... I love it, and he seemed quite convinced LA is not ready for them.

Why can't our cheerleaders look like LA's cheerleaders?

If the NFL is going to continue to broadcast things on the NFL Network exclusively (I know this was also on ESPN, but certain shows and games are only on NFLN) then they need to ensure that product is available for all fans and fix their stupid arguments with certain cable broadcasters, so they all carry it. I pay a great deal of money for Direct TV Streaming (due to the internet so my wife and I can both work from home on separate VPN's) and it's not even a possibility for me to get the channel.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Couple of thoughts....
Uzo throwing out the "Nasty 'Nati".... I love it, and he seemed quite convinced LA is not ready for them.

All we need is sunshine, beaches, and a huge industry where being attractive is the primary criteria for employment.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 08:23 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I heard him say on WLW yesterday that he was going to play and he would not miss the most important game of his life (or something like that).

Huge boost if he can go, obviously.

He had 13 catches for 135 yards and a TD in the first couple playoff games.

Huge help if we need to offset the rush, or if the WRs are being covered well. He's our x-factor and frankly I think his impact is a bit underrated.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Huge boost if he can go, obviously.

Huge help if we need to offset the rush, or if the WRs are being covered well. He's our x-factor and frankly I think his impact is a bit underrated.

Good point and speaking about X-factor, I'm hopeful Mixon can take on this role. He's a stud and had one hell of a year, but the run game hasn't been dominate of late. I'd be content if renewal was a Super Bowl theme for Mixon and the run game. Give me a stat line of 150 yards a few TDs out of Mixon in a Bengals run dominant win!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:32 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Good point and speaking about X-factor, I'm hopeful Mixon can take on this role. He's a stud and had one hell of a year, but the run game hasn't been dominate of late. I'd be content if renewal was a Super Bowl theme for Mixon and the run game. Give me a stat line of 150 yards a few TDs out of Mixon in a Bengals run dominant win!

It'd be one heck of a time for Mixon to have a blow up game.

That said, the Rams are the #1 run defense iirc. We just need him to run effectively to take pressure off of Joey B.

Give us 3-4 ypc on 15-20 carries and we're golden. If Mixon gets stuffed? Gonna be a long day.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It'd be one heck of a time for Mixon to have a blow up game.

That said, the Rams are the #1 run defense iirc. We just need him to run effectively to take pressure off of Joey B.

Give us 3-4 ypc on 15-20 carries and we're golden. If Mixon gets stuffed? Gonna be a long day.

This is our first offensive play of the game, right? Mixon run up the middle for no gain.

Overall, I'm interested in seeing how Taylor, Callahan, Burrow, and the offense try to attack the Rams.
Reply/Quote

If the NFL is going to continue to broadcast things on the NFL Network exclusively (I know this was also on ESPN, but certain shows and games are only on NFLN) then they need to ensure that product is available for all fans and fix their stupid arguments with certain cable broadcasters, so they all carry it. I pay a great deal of money for Direct TV Streaming (due to the internet so my wife and I can both work from home on separate VPN's) and it's not even a possibility for me to get the channel.

Our cheerleaders are actual people not plastic creations and fake like everything in LA is. I‘ll pick ours in a New York minute.
Reply/Quote

That's odd....NFLN is standard programming for plain ol Direct TV

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Huge boost if he can go, obviously.

I have a sneaky suspicion that we will play but not be 100%.. Not even 80%, hope I am wrong.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 04:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's odd....NFLN is standard programming for plain ol Direct TV

I know, right? It makes no sense, but Direct TV streaming won't carry it because they won't pay what the NFL wants to charge streaming services.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is our first offensive play of the game, right? Mixon run up the middle for no gain.

Overall, I'm interested in seeing how Taylor, Callahan, Burrow, and the offense try to attack the Rams.

We've had a lot of "no gain" runs in the playoffs, haven't we?

We haven't been toooo terrible overall though. Mixon is averaging 3.7 ypc in the playoffs.

For comparison, the Rams duo of Akers (2.8 ypc) and Michel (3.3 ypc) has been pretty rough.

Both the Bengals and Rams have stuck with the run, despite the lack of success. It's something I'll definitely be looking for on Sunday. Will either team be able to run the ball well?

(02-08-2022, 04:26 PM)M.W. Wrote: I have a sneaky suspicion that we will play but not be 100%.. Not even 80%, hope I am wrong.

Even at 60%, the Rams would have to account for him. When Sample is in, the defense can almost forget he exists.

Not to mention the morale boost. These guys love Ceej.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 04:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I know, right? It makes no sense, but Direct TV streaming won't carry it because they won't pay what the NFL wants to charge streaming services.

That's nuts!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 05:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We've had a lot of "no gain" runs in the playoffs, haven't we?

We haven't been toooo terrible overall though. Mixon is averaging 3.7 ypc in the playoffs.

For comparison, the Rams duo of Akers (2.8 ypc) and Michel (3.3 ypc) has been pretty rough.

Both the Bengals and Rams have stuck with the run, despite the lack of success. It's something I'll definitely be looking for on Sunday. Will either team be able to run the ball well?

Even at 60%, the Rams would have to account for him. When Sample is in, the defense can almost forget he exists.

Akers is demonstrating he's prone to fumbling. I hope our guys make the effort to knock the ball lose when going in for the tackle.
Reply/Quote
Didn’t see anyone else mention it, but Chris Henry’s mom was there.

Reply/Quote
After the 30K sold so fast surprised more were not added until capacity was reached.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 05:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We've had a lot of "no gain" runs in the playoffs, haven't we?

The Rams run defense is really tough, and as frustrating as it may be to watch sometimes, the Bengals still need to test the LBs and slow them down just a bit with the realistic threat of a run.  Donald and company do a good job occupying the blockers so the LBs can flow to the ball, but for play-action and screens to work, there needs to be at least the threat of a traditional hand off. 

One thing I think about with respect to the offensive line and run blocking: The last time the Bengals had two weeks between games  was when they faced the Raiders during the regular season.  The line had been struggling, but coming off that bye, they really pushed around the Raiders line and Mixon had a big game.  

I know in this case the Rams had a bye as well, but I still think it can only help them.  I do hope we see more Carman than Adeniji.  He was on the field that final drive at KC.  I think his superior strength is needed here.  
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 09:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Rams run defense is really tough, and as frustrating as it may be to watch sometimes, the Bengals still need to test the LBs and slow them down just a bit with the realistic threat of a run.  Donald and company do a good job occupying the blockers so the LBs can flow to the ball, but for play-action and screens to work, there needs to be at least the threat of a traditional hand off. 

One thing I think about with respect to the offensive line and run blocking: The last time the Bengals had two weeks between games  was when they faced the Raiders during the regular season.  The line had been struggling, but coming off that bye, they really pushed around the Raiders line and Mixon had a big game.  

I know in this case the Rams had a bye as well, but I still think it can only help them.  I do hope we see more Carman than Adeniji.  He was on the field that final drive at KC.  I think his superior strength is needed here.  

Good point about have the two weeks to prepare the OL for the oncoming attack of the Rams DL. The Rams don't really have to do extra prep to unleash Donald, Miller, and Floyd; however, extra prep can hopefully help the OL better prepare for giving Burrow time to pass.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 09:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Rams run defense is really tough, and as frustrating as it may be to watch sometimes, the Bengals still need to test the LBs and slow them down just a bit with the realistic threat of a run.  Donald and company do a good job occupying the blockers so the LBs can flow to the ball, but for play-action and screens to work, there needs to be at least the threat of a traditional hand off. 

Totally agree. We need to keep them honest. Also agree about Carman.
Reply/Quote