Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atkins and Dunlap Frustrated with Being Phased Out
(10-20-2020, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap has more tackles. TFL, and PDs than any D-lineman on the active roster.

Lawson is the only D-lineman with more sacks or QB hits than Dunlap.

Carlos is usually good for stat padding 2 or 3 games a year. The rest he is a non-factor...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Carlos is usually good for stat padding 2 or 3 games a year. The rest he is a non-factor...

Beyond-false.

So I guess since he leads the DL in these stats, he's already padded his stats for the year?

Come on now...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Carlos is usually good for stat padding 2 or 3 games a year. The rest he is a non-factor...

I agree, Dude is so un-motivated it isnt funny. I'm glad their is finally accountability. He would do good against Cleveland and Indy and the rest of the time non existant except for a few bad teams.. People scream for accountability and there finally is some and now they don't want that lol... I am all for criticizing Zack, but this is not 1 of the area's hes been bad at.. It's really telling how things have been here for so long. If you were a vet, you had nothing to worry about.m Not anymore. The culture is changing.. We just have to give it time...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Beyond-false.

So I guess since he leads the DL in these stats, he's already padded his stats for the year?

Come on now...

In fairness, he's really only showed up in the Eagles game: 9 tkls, 1 pd, 1 qb hit, 1 tfl
In the other 5 games combined: 9 tkls, 1 pd, 2 qb hits, 1 tfl

I have always been a fan of Big Los, but outside of that 1 game, he's been nonexistent this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, no. I also don't believe Bledsoe is better than Dunlap. But the simple fact is, neither of these guys are playing up to their potential, Geno probably due to his shoulder and Carlos due to effort. So the question is, should the coach just let them hold the starting positions because they are veterans, ala Marvin, or should he cut their snaps until they start producing again. Can't have it both ways. I'm really starting to think all the complaints about Marvin always playing the vets no matter what were a bunch of BS.... seems to me that's exactly what people now want Taylor to do.

100% agree. Dunlap is a crybaby and his motivation and effort have always been a problem.. It's time to move on from all these old disgruntled vets... They are just upset that there is accountability around here now..It's gonna save us a ton of money for the over-haul we need on both lines...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Beyond-false.

Come on now...

Ranked 47th out of 58 qualifying Defensive ends.... yeah, he's motivated.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They didn't blitz a lot, but when they did, Rivers was still 7/10 for 88 yards. They dropped 7/8 into coverage quite a few times, that didn't work either. Between the lack of pressure when they did blitz and Rivers picking them apart in coverage, it was just a sad effort all the way around. They made the old man look like he was in his prime.

Blitzing doesn't work against a QB like Rivers he wants to get the ball out quickly and to the open man. 
Also when have three man rushes ever worked in the NFL? It seemed like we were either all out blitzing or 3 man rushes. It seemed like they went from one extreme to the other.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just stop, Carlos and effort shouldn't be in the same sentence together.....

Lol he has been one of the best all around players in the NFL for the past 10 years. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 04:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Blitzing doesn't work against a QB like Rivers he wants to get the ball out quickly and to the open man. 
Also when have three man rushes ever worked in the NFL? It seemed like we were either all out blitzing or 3 man rushes. It seemed like they went from one extreme to the other.
Blitzing is exactly how you stop a QB like Rivers.  HE is 1 of the most immobile QBs in the game today. Hes proven to not handle it that well either, as he has known to get in trouble and throw picks against it.. Problem was we didn't get to him and it exposed our young DBs...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 04:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Lol he has been one of the best all around players in the NFL for the past 10 years. 

This is sarcasm right? Has he ever even had a double digit sack season?
Reply/Quote
The more you think about it, This team has to be tanking for someone in the Draft. Maybe that Tackle from Oregon? Maybe they see the season as lost with how good the division is.. I mean Cleveland handled us and Baltimore destroyed us and Cleveland got destroyed by Pittsburgh and Baltimore. It's not that far fetched..
Reply/Quote
When the Bengals took Offensive Tackles in the 1st and 2nd Rounds in the 2015 draft, Whitworth saw that his claim on the position in Cincinnati was coming to an end. What did he do, he told the organization something to the effect of "You can draft tackles if you want to, but they are not going to outplay me" He went out and played a a high level for the next 5 years. No childish outbursts on social media, no whining to the press. He made them regret the decision by putting a quality product on the field. Fast forward to 2020, Dunlap sees his starting role diminished. How does he react...... that is the difference a man and being The Man.....
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:45 PM)Tony Wrote: They are just upset that there is accountability around here now.

So when they played for a top 10 scoring defense and went to the playoffs six times in 8 years there was no accountability, but now that we have won only 3 times in the last 22 games there is accountability?

Hilarious

If that is true then they would probably tell you that you can keep all your precious "accountability".
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 05:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No childish outbursts on social media, no whining to the press.

You keep saying things similar to this.

I've yet to see any evidence whatsoever that Geno Atkins had a childish outburst, or whined to the press.

All I've seen is a report (rumor) that he's frustrated, and some hack twitter account say he removed Bengals from his Instagram page.  Neither of these things fit the description.

Let's say he's confirmed frustrated.  That can mean many things.  Frustrated like throwing equipment around and moping, or frustrated like "I just really want to play more, I'm healthy, and I think I can help, coach.".

I can understand calling out Dunlap, as his behavior has been similar to what you describe.  But I just don't know Geno is getting thrown into the conversation.  I haven't even seen a quote from him.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So when they played for a top 10 scoring defense and went to the playoffs six times in 8 years there was no accountability, but now that we have won only 3 times in the last 22 games there is accountability?

Hilarious

If that is true then they would probably tell you that you can keep all your precious "accountability".

Fred, everyone knows they were top players.... then.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 05:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fred, everyone knows they were top players.... then.

You completely missed the point I was making.

It was about how there is "accountability" now that was not here back then.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In fairness, he's really only showed up in the Eagles game: 9 tkls, 1 pd, 1 qb hit, 1 tfl
In the other 5 games combined: 9 tkls, 1 pd, 2 qb hits, 1 tfl

I have always been a fan of Big Los, but outside of that 1 game, he's been nonexistent this year.

Definitely not arguing that, but to say that he, "pads his stats," and will do even less for the rest of the year? It's BS.

He had sacks in 6 different games last year, after being, "unmotivated," for the first part of the year (even though he had been injured).

Someone who pads his stats twice a year, doesn't have consistent games like that.

Anyways, he'll most-likely be cut next year and his contract is borderline unmovable at this point; just ride the year out, get him the team sack record and we're good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 05:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You completely missed the point I was making.

It was about how there is "accountability" now that was not here back then.

And maybe if there was accountability back then, we don't melt down in the playoff game against the steelers.
Reply/Quote