Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Available Right Tackles
(08-19-2018, 09:48 PM)McC Wrote: This might be the best all around lineup we could put out there.

I agree.  Surely Pollack has kicked this idea around.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: LT- Boling
LG- Redmon
C- Price
RG- Hopkins
RT- Glenn

(08-19-2018, 10:14 PM)samhain Wrote:  I'd probably give Westerman a shot at LG.

(08-19-2018, 10:16 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Would rather start westerman at lg and redmond at rg.  

(08-19-2018, 11:35 PM)corpjet Wrote: Yes except Westerman over Hopkins

(08-20-2018, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm with this, except I would put Redmond at RG and Westerman at LG. 

Well the answer is obvious.  Don't know why the coaches can't see it. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 10:31 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I agree.  Surely Pollack has kicked this idea around.

I am sure Pollack will look at all the possibilities.  While in Dallas he moved La'el Collins from LG to RT and Jonathan Cooper from RG to LG.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm with this, except I would put Redmond at RG and Westerman at LG.  Boling and Glenn are our best tackles and those are the most important positions (and most glaring weakness) on the line.
The only problem I have with this is, you might weaken the middle of the line for the time being. If we are in win now mode, defenses will load up the middle and give our inexperienced guys in the middle fits for awhile. I don't have an answer for the right side but I think Boling should stay at LG.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm with this, except I would put Redmond at RG and Westerman at LG.  Boling and Glenn are our best tackles and those are the most important positions (and most glaring weakness) on the line.

Thats my lineup if we cannot get a decent RT and Hart does not improve, either that or put Boling at RT.

Boling is extremely versatile, i don't know if him or Glenn have ever played RT but they would definately be better
there than what we have seen from these other guys. Glenn just seems like that monster run blocker you would
want on the right side. Either this....

LT - Boling
LG - Westerman
C - Price
RG - Redmond
RT - Glenn

or this...

LT - Glenn
LG - Westerman
C - Price
RG - Redmond
RT - Boling

These seem like the best fall back lines to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 11:37 AM)sandwedge Wrote: The only problem I have with this is, you might weaken the middle of the line for the time being. If we are in win now mode, defenses will load up the middle and give our inexperienced guys in the middle fits for awhile. I don't have an answer for the right side but I think Boling should stay at LG.

That is a great point.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 11:38 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats my lineup if we cannot get a decent RT and Hart does not improve, either that or put Boling at RT.

Boling is extremely versatile, i don't know if him or Glenn have ever played RT but they would definately be better
there than what we have seen from these other guys. Glenn just seems like that monster run blocker you would

LT - Boling
LG - Westerman
C - Price
RG - Redmond
RT - Glenn

or this...

LT - Glenn
LG - Westerman
C - Price
RG - Redmond
RT - Boling

This is the only way I think it works. As stated before do not think Glenn will willingly make move and not sure his heart will be in it. Think he would see it as a demotion. 

But mostly why I think the coaches are not so quick to make this move is that they want Boling close to Price to help the rookie transition easily into NFL. But could see some shuffling about 5 or 6 games in when Price seems to be comfortable and proven. 

Just praying for a cap space release, that I believe will happen. We did not see Illoka being cut until it happened. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 11:37 AM)sandwedge Wrote: The only problem I have with this is, you might weaken the middle of the line for the time being. If we are in win now mode, defenses will load up the middle and give our inexperienced guys in the middle fits for awhile. I don't have an answer for the right side but I think Boling should stay at LG.

Well you know teams are definitely going to test Price over and over until he proves he can handle the heat.. I suspect he will, but putting other unproven players on either side of him will only get him more tested.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 11:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well you know teams are definitely going to test Price over and over until he proves he can handle the heat.. I suspect he will, but putting other unproven players on either side of him will only get him more tested.. 

Exactly! They will be licking their chops 
Reply/Quote
Next year's draft looks like a good one for tackles. I suspect that is where the answer will come from.
Reply/Quote
Not a OT but would kick tires on former Buckeye Alex Boone if he is in shape.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 11:38 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats my lineup if we cannot get a decent RT and Hart does not improve, either that or put Boling at RT.

LT - Boling
LG - Westerman
C - Price
RG - Redmond
RT - Glenn

or this...

LT - Glenn
LG - Westerman
C - Price
RG - Redmond
RT - Boling

Bolling finished out a game at RT a few years back due to injuries.  He also started at both T spots while at Georgia.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 12:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a OT but would kick tires on former Buckeye Alex Boone if he is in shape.

They could also keep an eye on Jon Toth, who is currently the 3rd string center for the Eagles, and may be available. Toth's biggest asset is he plays all 5 line positions, and he could very well help the right side of this line.... or not, but he's worth a look.
Reply/Quote
The knock on Redmond and Laph spoke about it during the game is that he's extremely consistent with getting false start and off sides penalties . If he could ever fix this one issue he'd be a starter, but he keeps doing it over and over and over..You just can't start every drive with 1st and 15 or 1st and 20.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Not to play Captain Obvious, but I have a hunch we're really going to miss Rod Taylor. Something tells me he would have been the missing link.. Oh well . Now he's really missing .

Reply/Quote
Menelik Watson is going to be cut when healthy per multiple reports today. He has played RT, not great, but it’s another option.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 11:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well the answer is obvious.  Don't know why the coaches can't see it. Rolleyes

The same coaches that kept rolling out the turd storm last year until injuries forced their hands and Westerman and Redmond got to play?

Yeah, the only two games where we had a 100 yard rusher (except one of the Browns games) and they did it against teams that needed to win to get in the playoffs.

So I see your  Rolleyes and raise you  Ninja Hilarious Smirk Attitude Smack
Reply/Quote
All I know is, I am 100% positive Ced is not NFL material!! I almost question the guys intelligence but won't having never met him. He is going to get Dalton or whoever is back there killed. Not sure why they try to make him do something he's never going to be able to figure out.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 01:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: All I know is, I am 100% positive Ced is not NFL material!! I almost question the guys intelligence but won't having never met him. He is going to get Dalton or whoever is back there killed. Not sure why they try to make him do something he's never going to be able to figure out.

They are much like Arthur Fonzarelli and can not say they were wrong when wasting a draft pick on him. 

Am sure OG has already knocked a few years off Daltons career.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 11:59 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Next year's draft looks like a good one for tackles.  I suspect that is where the answer will come from.

Thats great news but wont help us this year, we can not have another repeat of 2017
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote