Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Available Right Tackles
(08-20-2018, 10:57 PM)samhain Wrote: Is he any better than Hart or Fisher?

Hart , OG, Watson and Fisher are all the same D- , F+ type player. Like someone said earlier there are about 5 guys who look like studs in the 2019 draft. We might just have to wait until next year.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 08:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: You can scheme around one weak position on one side, but not on both sides as we saw last year. You can do things like bootlegs away, you can attach a TE inline and chip, you can keep a HB in to check and release. I am not as worried because knowing where the rush will come from most of the time can be worked around. I expect a lot of screens to the right to try and slow down the rush a bit.

A team is able to do those things. Realistically this team is not that.  Andy running bootlegs and Eifert providing meaningful blocks.... that is not what they do. And we have an entire weak side... side-by-side positions.  Hart still might come around but Og and Fish... the coaches had to have seen this in 2015. I mean no one saw they weren't developing at all like they should?  And it isn't about "helping" RT.  No one is even slowing these guys down on a few plays.

And the scheme play for a DE is an option.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 11:29 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Hart , OG, Watson and Fisher are all the same D- , F+ type player.   Like someone said earlier there are about 5 guys who look like studs in the 2019 draft.  We might just have to wait until next year.

Yeah, but with so many teams needing line help, will any of them be available by the time we draft....
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 08:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, but with so many teams needing line help, will any of them be available by the time we draft....

Yes................because as you know how desperate teams are for QBS in this day and age your guaranteed to see 4 QBs gone in the first 12 picks.......there will be a T left when we draft unless we make it to the Super Bowl
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 06:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just think we need to be a little more patient with the backups besides Og, he needs to just go.

Pollack i think can get them serviceable but we have to give him some time.

For instance, Fisher had a good game against the Cowboys playing LT, where he should be the backup behind Glenn.

Fisher is a LT, i think Pollack just figured that one out. PA was trying to fit square pegs into round holes all the time.

Takes a bit to sort these guys out. PA never knew how to it seems.

The time is drawing near though, that one of these guys have to step up.I preach patience all the time, but we can't go into week with , who's on 1st and who's on 2nd. Whoever it's going to be has to be on the same page with everyone else. Goes for RG also!
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 06:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just think we need to be a little more patient with the backups besides Og, he needs to just go.

Pollack i think can get them serviceable but we have to give him some time.

For instance, Fisher had a good game against the Cowboys playing LT, where he should be the backup behind Glenn.

Fisher is a LT, i think Pollack just figured that one out. PA was trying to fit square pegs into round holes all the time.

Takes a bit to sort these guys out. PA never knew how to it seems.

Fisher was selected 53rd overall. For a second round draft pick to barely become a back-up in his 4th year is a failure. How long in terms of patience does one need? Because he isn't getting it done in year 4 either.

Our line is a disaster.  And Pollack sure didn't do the Cowboys any favors past their 1st string. But... for  some unproven reason everyone thinks Pollack is going to magically fix everything blamed on PA.  Anyone ever stop and think PA said that these guys will never start/play at the NFL level... and nobody listened?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 04:27 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Fisher was selected 53rd overall. For a second round draft pick to barely become a back-up in his 4th year is a failure. How long in terms of patience does one need? Because he isn't getting it done in year 4 either.

Our line is a disaster.  And Pollack sure didn't do the Cowboys any favors past their 1st string. But... for  some unproven reason everyone thinks Pollack is going to magically fix everything blamed on PA.  Anyone ever stop and think PA said that these guys will never start/play at the NFL level... and nobody listened?

I find that idea to be laughable.  It's been widely known how much influence that Paul Alexander had over the selection of OL personnel, as well as a virtually unknown (to the fan base) title of "Run Game Coordinator".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 12:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The time is drawing near though, that one of these guys have to step up.I preach patience all the time, but we can't go into week with , who's on 1st and who's on 2nd. Whoever it's going to be has to be on the same page with everyone else. Goes for RG also!

Completely agree with you Wedge, need to find that starting RT and starting RG pronto.

Hopefully we know for sure after the Bills game.

I am just talking about being patient with the backups not named Og who should be cut.

(08-21-2018, 04:27 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Fisher was selected 53rd overall. For a second round draft pick to barely become a back-up in his 4th year is a failure. How long in terms of patience does one need? Because he isn't getting it done in year 4 either.

Fisher also had A-fib, you know a bad heart problem last year, i give him a pass for last year.

He is a LT, that is where he should of always been. It is PA's failure.

Pollack coached Doug Free from a bad player into a very good one. When has PA ever did this?

Yeah, PA said that the guys he hand picked and couldn't coach up will never start/play at the NFL level...

Hilarious

(08-21-2018, 04:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I find that idea to be laughable.  It's been widely known how much influence that Paul Alexander had over the selection of OL personnel, as well as a virtually unknown (to the fan base) title of "Run Game Coordinator".

No doubt brother extremely laughable! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
If a team does have 3 decent tackles (two starters and a swing backup), and there aren't many because Offensive Tackle is probably the worst position group in the league overall...They aren't giving one up without a ton of compensation.

As for moving people around that sounds like a bad idea.

Left Tackle is the most important position on the line you want your best tackle there (Glenn). I believe what Jim O on the Bengal beat podcast said about Clint moving to LT last year was just him being a pro because of injuries. Price needs to stick to one position and he was drafted to play center. As for the Right side they just have to keep working guys there...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Somebody in another thread (I think), brought up the idea of Alex Boone. I realize that he's played most of his time at Guard in the NFL, but he came out of college as a RT, and a pretty good one at that. At 6'8" 310#, he's got that size and range that is desired in a Tackle, and he's only 31.

If the Bengals were going the route of "leaving no stone unturned" in an effort to improve the roster stock, he might be worth brining in for a workout.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 10:57 PM)samhain Wrote: Is he any better than Hart or Fisher?

(08-20-2018, 11:07 PM)Whatever Wrote: No.  Watson is garbage.

(08-20-2018, 11:29 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Hart , OG, Watson and Fisher are all the same D- , F+ type player.   Like someone said earlier there are about 5 guys who look like studs in the 2019 draft.  We might just have to wait until next year.

Watson is better than what you guys are giving him credit for.

Will he be a Pro Bowler?  Hell no.

But he is far better than Hart and Ced, so make the move and raise the floor of the line while there is still an opportunity to do so and give a guy time to learn the system.
Reply/Quote
Especially after the Dallas game I think back how easily it could’ve been to have La’el Collins in the 7th round.

Mario Alford or Collins which would you prefer? ?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 02:33 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Washington Redskin's Ty Nsekhe has a 2nd Round Tender on him, and he will be 33.

I don't like it, but its an option.

Let's park it there and negotiate.

CIncy may not believe in making a trade out of desperation it is reality.  They may be junking a season again if the right side is bad.  I don't think a team offers a 2nd, but I'd offer a 3rd and maybe the get Hogan if they sour on Driskel.  

The Skins have Geron Chistian at swing tackle and Laovao can start at G.  Rather than lose him for nothing, they get a 3rd they can use to move up or draft a young QB with.  
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 08:27 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Watson is better than what you guys are giving him credit for.

But he is far better than Hart and Ced, so make the move and raise the floor of the line while there is still an opportunity to do so and give a guy time to learn the system.

Watson might be worse. Ask any Raider fan about him. He’s similar to OGBUEHI in size n skill.
Reply/Quote
Just fire OG already and give the other guys his reps..... he is never going to be good.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Somebody in another thread (I think), brought up the idea of Alex Boone.  I realize that he's played most of his time at Guard in the NFL, but he came out of college as a RT, and a pretty good one at that.  At 6'8" 310#, he's got that size and range that is desired in a Tackle, and he's only 31.  

If the Bengals were going the route of "leaving no stone unturned" in an effort to improve the roster stock, he might be worth brining in for a workout.

All for Alex Boone, forgot that he played RT in college.

(08-21-2018, 08:35 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: Especially after the Dallas game I think back how easily it could’ve been to have La’el Collins in the 7th round.  

Mario Alford or Collins which would you prefer? ?

Pretty easy answer there.

(08-22-2018, 08:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Just fire OG already and give the other guys his reps..... he is never going to be good.

Agreed, all he is doing is taking up snaps from the other guys who need them.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 08:27 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Watson is better than what you guys are giving him credit for.

Take it with a grain of salt, but last year Watson had a PFF grade of 47.4.  Og's was 56.6.  Watson is straight garbage.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 12:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All for Alex Boone, forgot that he played RT in college.
He's played some Left Tackle in the NFL, as well.  Would be a good "swing man", to have around, much better than having to rely on Ogbuehi in the event of an injury..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 01:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's played some Left Tackle in the NFL, as well.  Would be a good "swing man", to have around, much better than having to rely on Ogbuehi in the event of an injury..

Get Alex Boone on the phone pronto and cut Ogbuehi.

Instantly improved roster.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 08:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Just fire OG already and give the other guys his reps..... he is never going to be good.

2nd this motion

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote