Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Available Right Tackles
(08-20-2018, 01:59 PM)corpjet Wrote: Thats great news but wont help us this year, we can not have another repeat of 2017

Agree 100%
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Washington Redskin's Ty Nsekhe has a 2nd Round Tender on him, and he will be 33.

I don't like it, but its an option.
Reply/Quote
Where Boling struggles is in run blocking. Can't see that being helpful on the Right side. He did finish 2017 at LT and performed well.

Of course it won't happen and hopefully there's no need (someone putting it together at RT. I still have hopes that Pollack will get Hart up to speed. He has the build for RT

We could throw every dime we have left at Joe Thomas
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Psh. I'm available. I'll give hell of an effort over some of these guys. Jeez.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 11:48 AM)Go Cards Wrote: This is the only way I think it works. As stated before do not think Glenn will willingly make move and not sure his heart will be in it. Think he would see it as a demotion. 

But mostly why I think the coaches are not so quick to make this move is that they want Boling close to Price to help the rookie transition easily into NFL. But could see some shuffling about 5 or 6 games in when Price seems to be comfortable and proven. 

Just praying for a cap space release, that I believe will happen. We did not see Illoka being cut until it happened. 

All good points as usual Go Cards. I am just saying it would shore up that right side and would get Westerman and
Redmond on the field. I understand they want Boling next to Price to teach him up but he seems to of gotten the
snaps down and he is already a much better blocker than Bodine ever was.

As Whatever here says, Boling does have some experience playing RT as well.

(08-20-2018, 12:07 PM)Whatever Wrote: Bolling finished out a game at RT a few years back due to injuries.  He also started at both T spots while at Georgia.

Thanks for the info brother.

(08-20-2018, 01:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Menelik Watson is going to be cut when healthy per multiple reports today. He has played RT, not great, but it’s another option.

I guess not terrible and probably better than what we have at RT at this moment.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where Boling struggles is in run blocking. Can't see that being helpful on the Right side. He did finish 2017 at LT and performed well.

Of course it won't happen and hopefully there's no need (someone putting it together at RT. I still have hopes that Pollack will get Hart up to speed. He has the build for RT

We could throw every dime we have left at Joe Thomas

Eh, Boling is a good run blocker too Bfine...

I think having Bodine next to him all these years makes people think different but Boling was a better run blocker
than Zeitler ever was here. Also think having a big mauler like Redmond next to him would help. Don't care for
Hopkins anymore as a starter at RG, just don't. Westerman is pretty much just a LG or a backup Center.

Maybe Joe Thomas would come out of retirement for enough dough and a chance at winning a lot of games.

Guy had it real tough over there in Cleveland and just played great.
Reply/Quote
I seriously doubt we are giving anyone a consideration though.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 05:34 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I seriously doubt we are giving anyone a consideration though.

Why CC? RT is clearly our biggest weakness at this moment and just about anyone would be better than Og.

Hart might of just had a bad game against Lawrence which is understandable, hope this is the case if you are correct.
Reply/Quote
What about bringing in Ja'Wuan James, OT from Miami? He was a former first round draft pick I believe. And another guy i always liked was Luke Joeckel at Guard. Always liked him. I think Westerman and Redmond are fine but Joeckel is a FA and has talent.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 05:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why CC? RT is clearly our biggest weakness at this moment and just about anyone would be better than Og.

Hart might of just had a bad game against Lawrence which is understandable, hope this is the case if you are correct.

Just going off the team. I just don't see us doing it. We all thought they should have made upgrades last year when it was BLATANTLY obvious what the issue was. We ignored it. I see same happening here.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 09:20 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You could just watch how awful he was with the Giants last year. Hart is going to get Andy killed back there.

And yes, he had a 'decent' game against the Bears. That's an outlier, not the norm. What you saw against the Cowboys is who Hart is.

Go back a year before last and hart had a decent year for the giants I believe.

but I would like to see Fisher or Someone else get some 1st string reps
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 05:57 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Just going off the team. I just don't see us doing it. We all thought they should have made upgrades last year when it was BLATANTLY obvious what the issue was. We ignored it. I see same happening here.

Has been different this year, all the blatant issues have been taken into account besides RT.

Hope they keep it up and fill the last hole on the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 06:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Has been different this year, all the blatant issues have been taken into account besides RT.

Hope they keep it up and fill the last hole on the team.

I hope so man. If so, they know where to call me. 

[Image: source.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 05:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why CC? RT is clearly our biggest weakness at this moment and just about anyone would be better than Og.

RT is a big weakness, but the biggest just might be the lack of any desirable back up for the entire line. Might be my opinion only, but even if they manage to cobble out a RG and RT out of the mess they have from which to choose, what's left leaves me praying I never have to see them take a snap. 3 years of this team trying to force proverbial square pegs into round holes is wearing thin at best.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 06:23 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: RT is a big weakness, but the biggest just might be the lack of any desirable back up for the entire line. Might be my opinion only, but even if they manage to cobble out a RG and RT out of the mess they have from which to choose, what's left leaves me praying I never have to see them take a snap. 3 years of this team trying to force proverbial square pegs into round holes is wearing thin at best.

I just think we need to be a little more patient with the backups besides Og, he needs to just go.

Pollack i think can get them serviceable but we have to give him some time.

For instance, Fisher had a good game against the Cowboys playing LT, where he should be the backup behind Glenn.

Fisher is a LT, i think Pollack just figured that one out. PA was trying to fit square pegs into round holes all the time.

Takes a bit to sort these guys out. PA never knew how to it seems.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 06:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just think we need to be a little more patient with the backups besides Og, he needs to just go.

Pollack i think can get them serviceable but we have to give him some time.

For instance, Fisher had a good game against the Cowboys playing LT, where he should be the backup behind Glenn.

Fisher is a LT, i think Pollack just figured that one out. PA was trying to fit square pegs into round holes all the time.

Takes a bit to sort these guys out. PA never knew how to it seems.

Well, you know me well enough to realize I've been one to preach patience with regard to a new line needs time and reps to develop the necessary chemistry to perform as a unit. And success depends on having good enough talent to execute the good coaching we all are assuming we now have. Unfortunately we seem to only have 3 starter quality players, of which one is a rookie. The rest can't seem to fall out of a bag with any pizzazz. Kinda feels like it's turd-polishing at best for another damned year before we even get an opportunity to find better players. Oh sure, it's possible we'll pick up someone from camp cuts, but we need 2 starters and better backups. For this year, that's an unlikely miracle that we need to happen.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 07:17 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Well, you know me well enough to realize I've been one to preach patience with regard to a new line needs time and reps to develop the necessary chemistry to perform as a unit. And success depends on having good enough talent to execute the good coaching we all are assuming we now have. Unfortunately we seem to only have 3 starter quality players, of which one is a rookie. The rest can't seem to fall out of a bag with any pizzazz. Kinda feels like it's turd-polishing at best for another damned year before we even get an opportunity to find better players. Oh sure, it's possible we'll pick up someone from camp cuts, but we need 2 starters and better backups. For this year, that's an unlikely miracle that we need to happen.

I believe both Westerman and Redmond are both very talented but that is just me, the problem for Westerman is
he plays behind our veteran LG in Boling and is not as much of a road grader to be a RG. But he could be for all we
know, he just had that illness and it is taking him a bit to get back from it.

Redmond has rare strength and a nasty streak in the run game, if he can get his pass protection down he could be
a stud. I even think Fisher is very talented as a backup LT for us once he gets back into the game. That A-fib stuff
isn't anything to just shrug off. Just glad he had a good showing after that pathetic first game at RT.

RT is where we are trying to polish turds it seems and if we just get someone serviceable we should be alright or
God forbid Hart shows up. That WAS Demarcus Lawrence he was going against, dude is a freak.

We will see, i think we could add a decent RT come cut day, or we could do what i have been thinking and move
Boling over to RT and Westerman to LG. Boling has played RT before and he wasn't no turd.
Reply/Quote
Denver is releasing Manelik Watson.

I say grab him and dump Ced and Hart.

Let Fisher back him up as a swing tackle.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 08:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Denver is releasing Manelik Watson.

I say grab him and dump Ced and Hart.

Let Fisher back him up as a swing tackle.

Is he any better than Hart or Fisher?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 10:57 PM)samhain Wrote: Is he any better than Hart or Fisher?

No.  Watson is garbage.
Reply/Quote