Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awuzie likely out for year
(11-01-2022, 01:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geez, he had a bad game but I won't go that far. The playbook and how they are calling plays and using the personnel is the
problem in my eyes. You are usually a great poster Gdale, but this is a bit of a knee jerk reaction.

We just do not match up well with Cleveland the way both rosters are built. We got embarrassed by them twice last year too, still made it to the super bowl.

That said, Awuzie was one of the last players we could afford to lose. You could argue losing him is a bigger loss than Chase. We went from ok at Cb to absolutely terrible with one injury. We need to make a trade for a legit top 2 CB today if we want to seriously compete this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:14 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We just do not match up well with Cleveland the way both rosters are built. We got embarrassed by them twice last year too, still made it to the super bowl.

That said, Awuzie was one of the last players we could afford to lose. You could argue losing him is a bigger loss than Chase. We went from ok at Cb to absolutely terrible with one injury. We need to make a trade for a legit top 2 CB today if we want to seriously compete this year.

Yeah, we match up well with the other 2 teams in the Division but clearly not the Browns with Garrett and Chubb 
and those trenches. We didn't get embarrassed against them in our 2nd game we played them last season with our
backups though and everything went bad for us in the games where we have been embarrassed.

True, have to make a trade for a Corner. If I was running things, I would make multiple trades right now to raise team
and fan morale after that loss. We still have a good team and we are at .500 and have a chance to be above .500 
going into our bye week so we can heal up and get back Reader and Chase for the long haul.

It isn't all doom and gloom even though that loss stung like a sumbitch. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geez, he had a bad game but I won't go that far. The playbook and how they are calling plays and using the personnel is the
problem in my eyes. You are usually a great poster Gdale, but this is a bit of a knee jerk reaction.

Because this team doesn’t have enough horses to sustain the loss of there best playmaker. They had 4 last year with an awful O line. They have just 3 at one position now. Losing Chase makes it 2.

Now the defense is going to drop off all together. Awuzie was our best DB by far and have lost there best run stuffer. There pass rushers ain’t what it was last year and Ossai hasn’t done anything. Now they have to rely on rookies who haven’t played because of injury or held back.

Special teams has been miserable. They made the wrong move in keeping Huber and McPherson hasn’t been as good as I’d hoped. It’s like they made every wrong move they could of made and every injury you hoped never happened has happened save for losing burrow.

You’re right though, I’m usually more upbeat than this because there’s usually positives on this team. This year there aren’t very many. It’s getting a lot harder to stomach these years as I get older.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals are great team when healthy but have little depth at most positions. CB is suddenly thin and Apple is not the answer long term. Looks like round 1 CB this draft.

Have to disagree, we have been getting stomped by teams with some serious injury issues including their QB’s out. We miss one freakin guy on offense, I don’t care that it’s Chase, this team should still be able to move the ball with the starters we have. All the same starters since day one except Chase. Shouldn’t impact the offense as much as it has. Even when just Higgins was out we seen the same shit. This team has some serious issues with playcalling, scheming and the Line play on both sides of the ball. Last night was about as bad as it gets. No excuse to look that damn flat against a div rival. Heads seriously need to roll after that game. We are not built to complete in the AFCN. Something has to change starting with the Oline & coach.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Crushing. Hope he recovers without issue. Good news is he'll have some time to work on that Chess.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, we match up well with the other 2 teams in the Division but clearly not the Browns with Garrett and Chubb 
and those trenches. We didn't get embarrassed against them in our 2nd game we played them last season with our
backups though and everything went bad for us in the games where we have been embarrassed.

True, have to make a trade for a Corner. If I was running things, I would make multiple trades right now to raise team
and fan morale after that loss. We still have a good team and we are at .500 and have a chance to be above .500 
going into our bye week so we can heal up and get back Reader and Chase for the long haul.

It isn't all doom and gloom even though that loss stung like a sumbitch. Mellow

I'd say that with Watt and Fitzpatrick we don't match up well against the Steelers defense.

The Ravens just added Roquan Smith who is a great pass rusher too.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say that with Watt and Fitzpatrick we don't match up well against the Steelers defense.

He had a pick 6 in Burrow last year too
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:32 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Because this team doesn’t have enough horses to sustain the loss of there best playmaker. They had 4 last year with an awful O line. They have just 3 at one position now. Losing Chase makes it 2.

Now the defense is going to drop off all together. Awuzie was our best DB by far and have lost there best run stuffer. There pass rushers ain’t what it was last year and Ossai hasn’t done anything. Now they have to rely on rookies who haven’t played because of injury or held back.

Special teams has been miserable. They made the wrong move in keeping Huber and McPherson hasn’t been as good as I’d hoped. It’s like they made every wrong move they could of made and every injury you hoped never happened has happened save for losing burrow.

You’re right though, I’m usually more upbeat than this because there’s usually positives on this team. This year there aren’t very many. It’s getting a lot harder to stomach these years as I get older.

I understand Gdale, but hold on brother, we are at .500 and there is a lot of the season left to play. Reader and Chase will be
back, we can still add a Corner and our rookie Corners WILL get better with more snaps and experience. Might be a little too 
late to make the Playoffs, especially with this tough schedule but I have seen crazier things happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say that with Watt and Fitzpatrick we don't match up well against the Steelers defense.

True, hated seeing the Ravens adding Roquan, was a steal for what they gave up as well IMO.
Reply/Quote
Steelers trade Claypool for a 2nd Round pick and are acquiring William Jackson.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals are great team when healthy but have little depth at most positions.  CB is suddenly thin and Apple is not the answer long term.  Looks like round 1 CB this draft.

We just drafted Heavy at DB.... Time to see what we got.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We just drafted Heavy at DB.... Time to see what we got.

People think draft picks pay off Year 1...and sometimes they do. But it usually takes 2-3 years IF they pan out.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People think draft picks pay off Year 1...and sometimes they do. But it usually takes 2-3 years IF they pan out.

Some positions seem to take longer than others....  WRs used to take about 3 years but are coming out of the box a little more ready these days.

But it might be easier to get someone playing sooner thats already been in the system the whole season.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:47 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They aren’t going to make any moves before the deadline. I don’t think they had real interest in winning against the schedule this year. Top 10 draft pick next year and right now I don’t think Burrow deserves a monster contract. His play is not good enough for one.

To say you are an idiot is an understatement
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:49 PM)WhoDey Wrote: To say you are an idiot is an understatement

And that’s with games where he was sacked 7x, 6x, and 5x.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
And that’s with games where he was sacked 7x, 6x, and 5x.

This board is brutal after a loss. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 05:04 PM)WhoDey Wrote: This board is brutal after a loss. 

It’s like a week long game day thread.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 05:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s like a week long game day thread.

We were 4-4 last year after a bad loss to the Jets.
Reply/Quote