Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awuzie likely out for year
(11-04-2022, 12:39 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. And I think it does. They looked much better after the bye.

That said, the next 2 games are must wins. Lose 1 and our playoff hopes are on life support...as we won't beat the Bills and Chiefs.

Not saying we're going to win, but I beg to differ.

We match up super-well with them and we should be at full strength, sans Chido, at that point (if everyone stays healthy, of course).

Hell, we may do well against the Bills too, who knows? We haven't played them in 3 years and both teams are vastly different than that last game (and we still could've won).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 01:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not saying we're going to win, but I beg to differ.

We match up super-well with them and we should be at full strength, sans Chido, at that point (if everyone stays healthy, of course).

Hell, we may do well against the Bills too, who knows? We haven't played them in 3 years and both teams are vastly different than that last game (and we still could've won).

Completely agree Truck, we play to our competition anyways. We can beat the Chiefs, we already shown that, twice.

We can beat the Bills, if our Offense plays the way we have seen it flash and our OL and skill players gain that chemistry together.

We DO need our rookie's in Dax, CTB, Zach Carter and Cordell Volson to play well. We will see.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals should have no problem beating the Browns, TBH.
The Browns have a good OL, running game, and edge rushers, but they shouldn't have issues covering someone like Donovan Peoples-Jones.
Njoku was out.
Ward was out.
Their LBs and the rest of that secondary aren't really that good either.

Bengals should have been able to pass on them without difficulties, and they should have enough quality coverage guys to double Cooper and single-cover the rest.

Were you still saying that when the Browns were up 25-0?
The Browns pulled their foot of the pedal otherwise the score would have been more lopsided.

But your response to my post. Read it carefully Ocho, I did say that we don't match up well with the Browns and that has been going on for years. I am saying today that even if we had a 100% healthy squad we may not have beaten them at their place or ours. The gist of what I wrote was about last years week 17 of many "fools" rooting for the elimination of the Steelers on Monday night compared to the rooting of the elimination of the Browns.

Now for the "fools" to think hard. A week 18 blood blast war with the Browns who at the time we were being beat regularly by them and it was their chance to make the playoffs or have the Steelers who we were beating them regularly make the playoffs. I preferred the Steelers eliminating the Browns, we get our scrubs to play week 18. 

The NFL is trying for parity in the league, but some teams still don't match up with others, for example the Jets have lost 13 in a row to the Pats. And we don't match up well to the Browns.

We might go 8 - 1 our remaining 9 games, but if we did I guarantee that one game lost won't be against the Titans, Chiefs or Bills, but to the team in Northern Ohio.    

Clev Sux
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 03:03 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Were you still saying that when the Browns were up 25-0?
The Browns pulled their foot of the pedal otherwise the score would have been more lopsided.

But your response to my post. Read it carefully Ocho, I did say that we don't match up well with the Browns and that has been going on for years. I am saying today that even if we had a 100% healthy squad we may not have beaten them at their place or ours. The gist of what I wrote was about last years week 17 of many "fools" rooting for the elimination of the Steelers on Monday night compared to the rooting of the elimination of the Browns.

Yes, I was still saying that when the Browns were up.
This team had just two wins coming into the game.
Most teams found a way to beat them.
Bengals were considered one of the contenders this season, and they have a pretty good QB and receivers along with a stout defense, so they should have had their way against this mediocre-at-best team.

I know what you said, but a quality set of coaches will always adapt playcalling (offensive and defensive) to the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 03:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, I was still saying that when the Browns were up.
This team had just two wins coming into the game.
Most teams found a way to beat them.
Bengals were considered one of the contenders this season, and they have a pretty good QB and receivers along with a stout defense, so they should have had their way against this mediocre-at-best team.

I know what you said, but a quality set of coaches will always adapt playcalling (offensive and defensive) to the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition.

Ok, you thought the Bengals were going to overcome the 25 - 0 score going into the 4th quarter. Smirk 

The gist of my original post was not about last Monday night's game, but the fact that we don't match up with them for years. Which is why I had another thread titled "Browns easy beating of Steelers scare me."    http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Browns-easy-beating-of-Steelers-scare-me
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 04:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Ok, you thought the Bengals were going to overcome the 25 - 0 score going into the 4th quarter. Smirk 

The gist of my original post was not about last Monday night's game, but the fact that we don't match up with them for years. Which is why I had another thread titled "Browns easy beating of Steelers scare me."    http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Browns-easy-beating-of-Steelers-scare-me

No, I didn't think the Bengals were going to overcome 25-0.

What I'm saying is I wouldn't expect the Bengals to even get into a deficit like that.
They are too good of a team and the Browns aren't that good of a team where that should have happened.

You talk about the Steelers, but they are not good either.
Both were just 2-win teams going into last week's games, so yea they are not good.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 04:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No, I didn't think the Bengals were going to overcome 25-0.

What I'm saying is I wouldn't expect the Bengals to even get into a deficit like that.
They are too good of a team and the Browns aren't that good of a team where that should have happened.

You talk about the Steelers, but they are not good either.
Both were just 2-win teams going into last week's games, so yea they are not good.

I asked you ...
"Were you still saying that when the Browns were up 25-0?"

You replied ...
"Yes, I was still saying that when the Browns were up."

I replied ...
"Ok, you thought the Bengals were going to overcome the 25 - 0 score going into the 4th quarter."  Whatever  

Now you retort...
"No, I didn't think the Bengals were going to overcome 25-0."

[Image: 5188651.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 04:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What I'm saying is I wouldn't expect the Bengals to even get into a deficit like that.

Happens.

In the two Superbowl Championship wins by the Bucs they lost to the Saints twice each year.
Again, some teams match up well against another team regardless of record.  
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 04:56 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I asked you ...
"Were you still saying that when the Browns were up 25-0?"

You replied ...
"Yes, I was still saying that when the Browns were up."

I replied ...
"Ok, you thought the Bengals were going to overcome the 25 - 0 score going into the 4th quarter."  Whatever  

Now you retort...
"No, I didn't think the Bengals were going to overcome 25-0."

[Image: 5188651.jpg]

Maybe it was my misunderstanding of your wording then.

No, I didn't think the Bengals were going to overcome being down 25-0.
However, I was going into the game feeling (and still feel) the Bengals should have had no problems beating the lowly Browns.

I still stand by that the Browns are not a good team and the Bengals SHOULD have been able to beat them had they executed well and had a better game plan.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 05:12 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Happens.

In the two Superbowl Championship wins by the Bucs they lost to the Saints twice each year.
Again, some teams match up well against another team regardless of record.  

I would say this mismatch is more on the coaching, not the players/personnel.
Bengals have the talent on their roster to outplay the Browns if the coaching and playcalling were better.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 05:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote:
Maybe it was my misunderstanding of your wording then.

No, I didn't think the Bengals were going to overcome being down 25-0.
However, I was going into the game feeling (and still feel) the Bengals should have had no problems beating the lowly Browns.

I still stand by that the Browns are not a good team and the Bengals SHOULD have been able to beat them had they executed well and had a better game plan.

I speak the King's English, punk. Rant
Reply/Quote
Can’t believe the Bengals think they can make a decent playoff run w/o an adequate replacement.

Doesn’t appear we are even looking. So aggravating.

We are going to feel this loss over the remainder of the season against these better teams.

No way Apple and CTB come close to being able to fill in.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 03:56 PM)Whacked Wrote: Can’t believe the Bengals think they can make a decent playoff run w/o an adequate replacement.

We are going to feel this loss over the remainder of the season against these better teams.

Who is out there that is better?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 04:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Who is out there that is better?

This.

Also, what a bummer of a thread bump on Thanksgiving.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 03:56 PM)Whacked Wrote: Can’t believe the Bengals think they can make a decent playoff run w/o an adequate replacement.

Wtf are you bringing this up?

Some people on here are just seas of depression and a negativity...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Good teams have players step up when others are hurt.  It may not be CTB or Apple, it could be Hendrickson or any other member of the DL turning iit up a notch and making the QB have to make a decision or throw .5 seconds earlier.
Reply/Quote

I agree with your point. Eli is a great #2 CB and CTB is useful as the dime, but unfortunately, Deon Sanders is not coming back. There are some names out there and Jackrabbit Jenkins tops my want list, but his best days are well behind him. How many remember we took Dre Kirkpatrick over him?

I also like what Mac Alexander brought while he was here
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I like how when a guy plays bad or gets hurt...people think we can just sign an elite replacement off the street.

There aren't #1 CBs out there unemployed.
Reply/Quote
Nobody is filling Awuzie's shoes, going to have to be a team effort and hopefully CBT gets better at coverage each game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote