Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awuzie likely out for year
(11-01-2022, 05:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We were 4-4 last year after a bad loss to the Jets.

wrong. Bengals were 5-3 after losing to the jets

then they lost to the browns which made them 5-4 heading into the bye
Reply/Quote
Maybe Trae Waynes feels guilty for robbing us and comes back to play for free.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
And that’s with games where he was sacked 7x, 6x, and 5x.

Yeah, he is a top QB no question. He just had a bad game, it happens to the best of them. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 05:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: wrong. Bengals were 5-3 after losing to the jets

I said we'd finish up 11-6 this year, but I wasn't counting on losses to the Steelers, and the Browns.  I had us down for losses with the @Cowboys, @Ravens, @Titans, @Patriots, KC, and Buffalo.

Now I think we can get the W @Patriots, but have we ever won in Foxboro?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe Trae Waynes feels guilty for robbing us and comes back to play for free.

The Keyser Söze of the Bengals yes....

He can come back with a different jersey and a new injury.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, we match up well with the other 2 teams in the Division but clearly not the Browns with Garrett and Chubb 
and those trenches. We didn't get embarrassed against them in our 2nd game we played them last season with our
backups though and everything went bad for us in the games where we have been embarrassed.

True, have to make a trade for a Corner. If I was running things, I would make multiple trades right now to raise team
and fan morale after that loss. We still have a good team and we are at .500 and have a chance to be above .500 
going into our bye week so we can heal up and get back Reader and Chase for the long haul.

It isn't all doom and gloom even though that loss stung like a sumbitch. Mellow

I remember when some fools here went off on me because I wrote it was important that the Steelers beat the Browns on the last Monday night football game of the year[week 17]. The loser of that game would be eliminated and if the Browns had won that game they would go full force week 18 against us at their place. Fortunately, the Steelers won and eliminated the Browns and we played our scrubs and it was like a unofficial bye week for us before we had the historic run in the playoffs.

People could not get their heads out of their ass that the Bengals don't match up well with the Browns and that has been going on for years. 
The hatred for the Steelers is with me as well, but the love of the Bengals trumps the hatred of the Steelers and if getting an unofficial bye is because of a Steeler win, I will take that all day long.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
And that’s with games where he was sacked 7x, 6x, and 5x.

Josh Allen and Mahommes have both had a bye week. I'm still a Burrow fan but he is not a Mahommes or Allen those guys can create more with they're legs and still have great arms. I have been getting down after the losses and that's because the 1st 3 I think we could've won with just some slight differences in play calling or game planning. Then this one we just get straight up embarrassed with a crucial injury on top of it all. I'm still a huge burrow fan I just wish he would've played a little better and or maybe we put him and the players in a better situation to succeed.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 06:34 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I said we'd finish up 11-6 this year, but I wasn't counting on losses to the Steelers, and the Browns.  I had us down for losses with the @Cowboys, @Ravens, @Titans, @Patriots, KC, and Buffalo.

Now I think we can get the W @Patriots, but have we ever won in Foxboro?

They won in Foxboro in 86 I believe. Brooks and Stanley Wilson both had long TD runs in that game
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 06:50 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I remember when some fools here went off on me because I wrote it was important that the Steelers beat the Browns on the last Monday night football game of the year[week 17]. The loser of that game would be eliminated and if the Browns had won that game they would go full force week 18 against us at their place. Fortunately, the Steelers won and eliminated the Browns and we played our scrubs and it was like a unofficial bye week for us before we had the historic run in the playoffs.

People could not get their heads out of their ass that the Bengals don't match up well with the Browns and that has been going on for years. 
The hatred for the Steelers is with me as well, but the love of the Bengals trumps the hatred of the Steelers and if getting an unofficial bye is because of a Steeler win, I will take that all day long.

I might of been one of those fools. Sure looks like you were right though, we need to add to our trenches on both sides
and add a RB with vision that can pickup the blitz. Get a stud LT and a stud RB and we can match up well with them, we 
have better players at the skill positions besides RB.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 01:40 PM)pally Wrote:  

Going to need Dax and CTB to really step up and play well fast. I thought both were 2 of the most pro ready Secondary/Corners
in this last Draft. We will have to see, they got torched pretty good on Monday night by some vets, Awuzie will need to act like a 
coach to them while he is out, he is a savvy vet himself that can teach them a lot.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Going to need Dax and CTB to really step up and play well fast. I thought both were 2 of the most pro ready Secondary/Corners
in this last Draft. We will have to see, they got torched pretty good on Monday night by some vets, Awuzie will need to act like a 
coach to them while he is out, he is a savvy vet himself that can teach them a lot.

Yeah, I like the quote that Awuzie plans to work with the young corners. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 06:50 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I remember when some fools here went off on me because I wrote it was important that the Steelers beat the Browns on the last Monday night football game of the year[week 17]. The loser of that game would be eliminated and if the Browns had won that game they would go full force week 18 against us at their place. Fortunately, the Steelers won and eliminated the Browns and we played our scrubs and it was like a unofficial bye week for us before we had the historic run in the playoffs.

The Bengals should have no problem beating the Browns, TBH.
The Browns have a good OL, running game, and edge rushers, but they shouldn't have issues covering someone like Donovan Peoples-Jones.
Njoku was out.
Ward was out.
Their LBs and the rest of that secondary aren't really that good either.

Bengals should have been able to pass on them without difficulties, and they should have enough quality coverage guys to double Cooper and single-cover the rest.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals should have no problem beating the Browns, TBH.
The Browns have a good OL, running game, and edge rushers, but they shouldn't have issues covering someone like Donovan Peoples-Jones.
Njoku was out.
Ward was out.
Their LBs and the rest of that secondary aren't really that good either.

Bengals should have been able to pass on them without difficulties, and they should have enough quality coverage guys to double Cooper and single-cover the rest.

Likely had we tried to throw more than -3 yard passes...we would have had success.

The 1st drive looked effortless. Then Zac turtled with the playcalls.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 03:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Likely had we tried to throw more than -3 yard passes...we would have had success.

The 1st drive looked effortless. Then Zac turtled with the playcalls.

I haven't watched the All-22, but I feel like pretty often when the Bengals try to do screen passes while sending (most of) the receivers out, defenses just aren't biting, resulting in very little to no gain for those screen passes.

Do teams just not fear the Bengals actually going deep and expecting these screens too often?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
really feel bad for the kid. he was on his way to pro bowl.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 02:57 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, I like the quote that Awuzie plans to work with the young corners. 

He's been in the locker room every day this week and will be until he has surgery which will be in the next couple of weeks as the swelling subsides

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 05:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: wrong. Bengals were 5-3 after losing to the jets

i almost forget how ugly it got goin into bye last year. 2 awful losses and seemed like they was falling apart. maybe that should give us some hope this time but only if chase gets back fast
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 07:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I haven't watched the All-22, but I feel like pretty often when the Bengals try to do screen passes while sending (most of) the receivers out, defenses just aren't biting, resulting in very little to no gain for those screen passes.

Do teams just not fear the Bengals actually going deep and expecting these screens too often?

It feels like an execution issue to me. They seem to either send a te 3 yards then stop and turn around...or fire it quick to a rb. The teams that do screens well suck the d in, have the rb chip...then slip out.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 07:56 PM)Leon Wrote: i almost forget how ugly it got goin into bye last year. 2 awful losses and seemed like they was falling apart. maybe that should give us some hope this time but only if chase gets back fast

Yes. And I think it does. They looked much better after the bye.

That said, the next 2 games are must wins. Lose 1 and our playoff hopes are on life support...as we won't beat the Bills and Chiefs.
Reply/Quote