Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS / JETS GAME PREDICTIONS :
I'm just so happy we have Bengals back Sunday....That's a million times better than Labor Day Weekend.....GO BENGALS !
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 10:07 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Dre will get abused early.

Lol. x2
Reply/Quote
- Fitzpatrick still shaking off the rust, throws a couple INTs
- DreKirk gets picked on a bit by Marshall/Decker
- We give up over 100 yards rushing with Tez out, but we sack Fitz 3 times
- Hill goes for 80+ and 2 TDs, looks back in form
- With Revis on AJ, Dalton goes to LaFell/Boyd early and often
- Nugent misses a kick

Bengals- 24
Jets- 17
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm a Kirkpatrick fan, but I think Decker gets the best of him. The Jets have a good day offensively, but Andy and company aren't bad either.

Both defenses come out with lackluster performances in comparison to their potential.

31-30, JETS Sad
Reply/Quote
It's going to be a tough one, 911 and all. The game is at 1PM though!

..and we are due a win in Jersey.

20-13 good guys

Reply/Quote
Carlos Dunlap makes Ben Ijalana his be-ach in a 3 sack performance to begin his quest to become the NFL's all-time single season sack leader.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 03:28 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: It's going to be a tough one, 911 and all.  The game is at 1PM though!

20-13 good guys

Good point. The Bengals are 46-17-1 (.727) in day games with Dalton, and he's posted a 91.3 rating in such games.

I will say this though, this Jets team is better than the one we pummeled 49-9 three years ago. Particularly at WR.

I still think the Bengals are clearly the better team though, even still.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27
other guys 17
Reply/Quote
Bengals 33
Jets 10
Reply/Quote
Call me overly Optimistic.....but I think the Jets will underestimate Boyd ......Hill has a Monster game........and our O-line hold ups well. Dunlap and Atkins keep Fitz a nervous wreck....and he throws at least 2 interceptions....1 being a pick 6.

Bengals 31
Jets 13
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 03:28 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: It's going to be a tough one, 911 and all. The game is at 1PM though!

20-13 good guys
I don't see 9/11 playing any role. Most of the players were school kids who were hundreds or thousands of miles away from NY 15 years ago.

Bengals more
Jets less
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think itll be a close game. Andy and the offense run smoothly but also noticeably miss Eifert. Defense looks solid and bengals get a well earned victory 24-17
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 11:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ESPN and NFL.com have the Bengals ranked at #7 in the latest power rankings.  Is that honestly much lower than you think they should be ranked? 

Anyways, I have the Bengals winning this one because they score more points and for some crazy reason a terrorist attack in NYC from 15 years earlier doesn't give a QB from Arizona magical super powers.

I also don't think the game being on 9/11 matters for anything.  Half the Jets team was in grade school when the towers went down.  I don't think the date gives them any kind of special motivation.

Bengals need this win to start out strong and they get it.
Reply/Quote
apparently there is crazy talk of the Jets rotating right guards...yeah right...Mr Fitzpatrick meet Mr Dunlap

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/daf11f823f5342a68991ea32e064e2e2/jets-could-play-both-ijalana-and-qvale-right-tackle

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I felt a lot better about this game before I remembered that Matt Forte is their RB now. That means either arguably the current best pass catching RB in the NFL, or a TE will be covered by Rey Maualuga.

Combine that with either Marshall or Decker covered by Dre Kirkpatrick (who no longer has Reggie Nelson to help him) and that's two bad matchups I don't like.

EDIT: If Dansby balls out and shuts down Forte in the passing game, the Bengals win. Even with Kirkpatrick being badly picked on.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 07:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I felt a lot better about this game before I remembered that Matt Forte is their RB now. That means either arguably the current best pass catching RB in the NFL, or a TE will be covered by Rey Maualuga.

Combine that with either Marshall or Decker covered by Dre Kirkpatrick (who no longer has Reggie Nelson to help him) and that's two bad matchups I don't like.

EDIT: If Dansby balls out and shuts down Forte in the passing game, the Bengals win. Even with Kirkpatrick being badly picked on.

Best pass catching back? Herez 5 off the top of my head mark ingram, giovani bernard, david johnson, duke johnson, leveon bell
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 08:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Best pass catching back? Herez 5 off the top of my head mark ingram, giovani bernard, david johnson, duke johnson, leveon bell

Mark Ingram has 103 catches/693 yards/0 TD in 5 seasons with Drew Brees.
Gio is good, but not better than Forte. Forte has 3 seasons receiving all better than Gio's career best.
David Johnson could become the best, but to crown him after just 36 career catches seems rather silly.
Duke Johnson if he repeats his 2015 performance could be a top-3 pass catching RB.

Admittedly Le'Veon Bell would probably be the best if his knees weren't made of glass.

Matt Forte is one year removed from a 100+ catch, 800+ yard season.... as a RB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 01:31 PM)jason Wrote: I don't see 9/11 playing any role. Most of the players were school kids who were hundreds or thousands of miles away from NY 15 years ago.

Bengals more
Jets less

(09-06-2016, 02:46 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I also don't think the game being on 9/11 matters for anything.  Half the Jets team was in grade school when the towers went down.  I don't think the date gives them any kind of special motivation.

Bengals need this win to start out strong and they get it.
If you guys don't think the CITY will be AMPED on the 15th anniversary of 911..well then i don't know what to say. It doesn't matter if the players were kids or in another state. That intensity is going to flow from the CITY into the players. Not to mention it's opening day. It is going to be a tough contest!

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:08 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If you guys don't think the CITY will be AMPED on the 15th anniversary of 911..well then i don't know what to say. It doesn't matter if the players were kids or in another state. That intensity is going to flow from the CITY into the players. Not to mention it's opening day. It is going to be a tough contest!
It won't be a cakewalk. That's for sure. The Bengals are the better team though. They don't have to play the fans. Jets fans are rowdy douches every game anyway.... Plus Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, and the D Backs beat the Yankees right after 9/11 when the it was fresh, and the stakes were higher.

I remember last year when a lot of us were sweating the opener in Oakland... The Bengals never win there blah blah blah... The Bengals went in there and literally punked them like the inferior team they were. .. I expect the same this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:08 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If you guys don't think the CITY will be AMPED on the 15th anniversary of 911..well then i don't know what to say. It doesn't matter if the players were kids or in another state. That intensity is going to flow from the CITY into the players. Not to mention it's opening day. It is going to be a tough contest!

And after getting punched in the mouth on the opening drive, the fans will be pretty quiet!
Reply/Quote